Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2007, 16:20   #1
BHPian
 
ece2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 353
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Best service for Fiat at Bangalore

Hi,

I am planning to leave my Fiat Siena 1.6 for 30000 km service at Bangalore. I have been doing the last two oil services at Javali and the experience has been average (some noise issues which I mentioned/demonstrated were not taken care). Last time I tried out Prerana motors (old madras road), but I found them too rude and the quality of service levels was not convincing either.

Now I am in a dilemma of where to service my car. When I called up Manipal Motors (airport road), I was informed that they are running full and the next fiat service slot that they can offer is for 6th July 2007

Please enlighten me if you guys have a suggestion for me on deciding the service center or the Manipal motors option is worth the wait. Do share your experience. Thanks.

- Karthik.
ece2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 22:36   #2
BHPian
 
sivadas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 487
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

My friend has high regards for Hariprasad Automobiles at

SHANKAR MUTT ROAD
SHANKARPURAM BANGALORE 560004
Phone: 26675590

I am going to try this next time. So far I was with Javali. Though they do a decent job, their charges are alwyas on the higher side.
sivadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 10:35   #3
BHPian
 
ece2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 353
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
My friend has high regards for Hariprasad Automobiles at

SHANKAR MUTT ROAD
SHANKARPURAM BANGALORE 560004
Phone: 26675590

I am going to try this next time. So far I was with Javali. Though they do a decent job, their charges are alwyas on the higher side.
Thanks Sivadas. I will try this service center.

Just curious about the wait list at Manipal Motors though. Is it that good for Fiat or is it just that the capacity for Fiat is so limited as they are giving a waiting time of about 20 days for service. Did any of the tbhpians tried out Manipal Motors for Fiat service ???

- Karthik.
ece2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 11:34   #4
BHPian
 
ece2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 353
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

Just checked with Hariprasad Auto. Unfortunately, they are not offering pickup/drop service for my area (Bagmane Tech Park). Do you guys have any suggestion about TVS Sundaram - is it worth a try ?

- Karthik.
ece2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 16:01   #5
BHPian
 
Spinnerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 318
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

What about those "GreenTracks", 'Powered by Castrol' service centers?? Is there one close to your place, I do cross this one on hosur road, and do see a lot of Palios in front of them, so they sud be able to give your Siena a decent service.
Spinnerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 16:51   #6
BHPian
 
ece2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 353
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
What about those "GreenTracks", 'Powered by Castrol' service centers?? Is there one close to your place, I do cross this one on hosur road, and do see a lot of Palios in front of them, so they sud be able to give your Siena a decent service.
Greentracks (Javali) is the one that I was going for my last two services. But their service levels are coming down in my opinion. For example, last time I requested Mr.Santhosh of Javali motors to check the door beading/garnish as I was getting some rubber to metal kind of noise whenever the car was turning or swaying - probably due to hardened rubber I guess. But when the vehicle was delivered, the noise was still there. The worst part is that I was billed for this repair (about Rs.300) and the bill said that the charges are for the seat alignment/adjustment which I did not ask for. From my subsequent discussion with Mr.Santhosh, I could understand that they did not have the spare for door rubber beading/garnish and so they were just trying out other means to get rid of the noise, which does not make sense. This according to me is purely money minded.

So thought of avoiding Greentracks this time around.

- Karthik.
ece2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 20:23   #7
BHPian
 
ego4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 65
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Karthik .. javalli guys are rip off and i have had horrible experince with them , i prefer to get my car serviced with help of my own mechanics who help me maintaing my baby !!!

BTW javalli guys are the same guys who screwed up in sundaram .

Thanks
Abhishek .
ego4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 20:51   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,425
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

I tried Hariprasad once and I found them to be pretty decent. They also charge you less. The best part is that they are working mostly on Fiat cars and therefore, they know ins and outs of them. You can try them.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 21:00   #9
Team-BHP Support
 
Rudra Sen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,089
Thanked: 3,470 Times
Default

Check out RAC at Koramangala also. You can PM member Anoop to give those details.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 22:56   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,550
Thanked: 431 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Greentracks (Javali) is the one that I was going for my last two services. But their service levels are coming down in my opinion. For example, last time I requested Mr.Santhosh of Javali motors to check the door beading/garnish as I was getting some rubber to metal kind of noise whenever the car was turning or swaying - probably due to hardened rubber I guess. But when the vehicle was delivered, the noise was still there. The worst part is that I was billed for this repair (about Rs.300) and the bill said that the charges are for the seat alignment/adjustment which I did not ask for. From my subsequent discussion with Mr.Santhosh, I could understand that they did not have the spare for door rubber beading/garnish and so they were just trying out other means to get rid of the noise, which does not make sense. This according to me is purely money minded.

So thought of avoiding Greentracks this time around.

- Karthik.

Please avoid greentracks, they were stripped of the Maruti A.S.S for their thieving attitude.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 09:24   #11
BHPian
 
sivadas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 487
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Please avoid greentracks, they were stripped of the Maruti A.S.S for their thieving attitude.
That is not Greentracks for sure, has to be 'Green Cars'.
sivadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 10:00   #12
BHPian
 
sanjaymugur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

for FIAT none better than Manipal Motors, airport road, wait will be worth it..

Shivram Nayak, Fiat technician,is a nice guy....
sanjaymugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 13:56   #13
BHPian
 
Spinnerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 318
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
That is not Greentracks for sure, has to be 'Green Cars'.
i think Green Cars is a Maruthi Service center, cuz i remember seeing that more on Maruthi suzuki cars than other cars.

Anyways will check out what the one near Silk board flyover, hosur Rd is called.
Spinnerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 14:37   #14
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 289
Thanked: 94 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
for FIAT none better than Manipal Motors, airport road, wait will be worth it..

Shivram Nayak, Fiat technician,is a nice guy....
I second that. I had a problem with the power window of my palio. The prerna chap told me that the motor is conked and that part would have to be shipped. I doubted that very much. Called up Mr Nayak. I liked the way he trouble shooted the problem. The problem was that the teeth of the gear connected to the motor had lost allignment. Hez definitely knowledgable when it comes to Fiat.
zoombiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 08:48   #15
BHPian
 
sivadas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 487
Thanked: 53 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
My friend has high regards for Hariprasad Automobiles at

SHANKAR MUTT ROAD
SHANKARPURAM BANGALORE 560004
Phone: 26675590

I am going to try this next time. So far I was with Javali. Though they do a decent job, their charges are alwyas on the higher side.
I did try Hariprasad automobiles this time and you know what, I am so happy with their service.
And the biggest surprise was that they some how arranged my Petra's rear reflecter(I lost this more than a year back and couldn't get it from Sundaram/ RS Motocrafts/Javali or any Tata dealers) and right AC vent.
Hariprasd guys are very knowledgeable and their charges are much less compared to Sundaram or Javali.
Car is feeling so smooth and nice after this service. I am really happy

I strongly recommend this place to all Fiat guys (especially for the regular service).
sivadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JMD Skoda Service - The best among Skoda Service Stations ? normally_crazy Indian Car Dealerships 9 29th July 2016 19:43
My Mercedes, My Service - Digital interactions, fast service and service plans up to 200,000 km dZired The Indian Car Scene 3 20th July 2016 16:05
best gear oil & best coolant & best engine decarb: please cyneverdie Technical Stuff 7 19th October 2007 03:57
Best dealer for Fiat Service at Pune? superavi Indian Car Dealerships 3 15th December 2006 17:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks