Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 19th June 2007, 20:04   #1
BHPian

Default Verna CRDI SX Delivery with ABS issues in Karnataka

Hi folks,

Based on the TD of Hyundai Verna CRDI and also fellow t-bhpians recommendation of the car, I had booked a Hyundai Verna CRDI SX with ABS at Advaith Motors, Mysore. I had booked on May 30. But still I am yet to get delivery of the car. I was quoted 12-Jun as the delivery date. But now dealer is saying it will take 26 (almost a month) for delivery.
The reason they gave me is that SX with ABS has been launched newly in Hyundai (which I find it hard to believe!! ) and the company is taking ages to despatch the vehicle (as CRDI+ABS is usually ordered from Company on demand). So my question to fellow t-bhpians is has anybody faced a similar issue or does anybody know of known issues with Hyundai in this regard?

Appreciate your help here.

Thanks
~DWind
DWind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 00:52   #2
Team-BHP Support

Difficult to say. Sometimes it could be just plain dealer ineptitude or incapability to procure immediately. A small dealer with a stocked up yard may take some time to order as they have to pay the charges for the full carrier. Your dealer may just be waiting for enough orders to trickle in before he places the order. In fact once I was told that sometimes a smaller car and a bigger car may need different harnesses and accordingly one carrier that brings in say a smaller car may not bring in the larger one. Now if the dealer does not have enough orders for the larger car and is loathe to stock up will wait for more orders before he books.

I am not saying that this has to be the case with your dealer as well. But then this could be a possibility. Why do not you check with the dealer about the order number and if Hyundai has issued a VIN for your order. This can be checked from the company.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 02:12   #3
BHPian

Yes this is a common waiting period i think in case you want with ABS. I had to wait for 3 weeks for my viva with ABS last year, the dealer had Non ABS models ready, I think same is the case with you.
zoomingbhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2007, 22:14   #4
BHPian

i booked my Verna SX with ABS version on july 1st and got delivered on 18th... This is from Erode, Tamilnadu. It al depends on the dealer.
Thats what i feel.
drsvijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2007, 23:39   #5
BHPian

Hey Dwind i also had booked a verna crdi sx abs in mangalore and was promised delivery in 7 days which kept going like next week,next week and ulimately almost 2 months and yet no car dealer said company is not able to produce crdi abs version in enough nos to meet the demand i got so frustrated that when optra magnum tdci was released on 8th i went and purchased the car on 11th and got delivery on 12th and cancelled my booking of the verna on the same day(Verna crdi is a good car but olny drawback i found was once u cross 70kmph car feels unstable if u want to see for urself go test drive the car again on a slightly bad road and push the car to 80 or 90 kmph)
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2007, 13:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

dwind that is just dealer nonsense. just take back your money and book it elsewhere in bangalore say, and you ll get it sooner. dont waste your time if you know it comes sooner elsewhere. i ve had enough with maruti, you dont get into that mode too man.
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2008, 16:33   #7
BHPian

Default Omg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Hey Dwind i also had booked a verna crdi sx abs in mangalore and was promised delivery in 7 days which kept going like next week,next week and ulimately almost 2 months and yet no car
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
I had booked a Hyundai Verna CRDI SX with ABS at Advaith Motors, Mysore. I had booked on May 30. But still I am yet to get delivery of the car. I was quoted 12-Jun as the delivery date. But now dealer is saying it will take 26 (almost a month) for delivery.
I am facing the same problem here in Mumbai as well so its not an isolated incident. I just got off the phone with the car dealer and he said that it will take at least 2 weeks more. This is much more than the initial 12 days that I was promised when I enquired about the delivery timelines at the time of booking the vehicle. All in all, if I do get the car after two weeks it will be a full 22 days since booking the car. I would have really appreciated some honesty from the sales people...

By the way, I have ordered the car through one of the biggest dealers in Mumbai (he has two Hyundai showrooms), so the comment about different timelines from dealer to dealer maybe incorrect.

Lets now just hope that the car comes as scheduled.
sirajbose is offline   Reply With Quote