Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 25th June 2007, 21:05   #1
Default Please help me with Ganges Ford (Kolkata) After sales service report

I am planning the buy a Ford Fiesta 1.6 sxi from Ganges ford in KOlkata.
Hearing horror stories of Ford service from different corners. Not sure how much of those are real.

Please give your valued feedback if you are a ford user in
  • After sales service
  • Maintenance / spare parts cost - for fiesta
  • Servicing Cyle - 1000Kms / Months - for fiesta
Thanks for your input.

Mods note: We've moved your thread to an apt section. Please see it through before posting in future, Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th June 2007 at 21:31.
abirnaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 21:47   #2

Dont know, but mouthshut.com may help you
sallubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 11:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

@ abirnaha - Ganges is the only Ford A.S.S. in Kolkata and they do have a tendency to rip off customers.
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 17:29   #4

Originally Posted by abirnaha View Post

Servicing Cyle - 1000Kms / Months - for fiesta
I guess there is no heavy running, If you could tell us your requirments we can suggest a different car as being dependent on a single dealer / service center in a bad idea. Check another thread where Ganges is trying to rip off vid's uncle.
ritayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 18:44   #5

Hi Abirnaha,

I have also bought Fiesta ZXI from Ford Ganges, Trinity Plaza show room in September, 2009 and yet to visit the first scheduled service which is 3 months/5000KM whichever is earlier and I haven't hit either. Hence my first scheduled visit to their Service Centre at Hide Road is on mid-December. However I faced some accesorries fiiting problem which was immediately rectified with full attention from their service centre sending two service centre guys to my house and really appreciate the same. However it's too early to judge.

Meanwhile good news is that the apprehension of ripping customer being the sole agent is not true now as Ford has opened up another new showoroom recently named Victoria Ford on EM Bypass opposite to Ruby Hospital.
dpkol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 19:21   #6

Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
@ abirnaha - Ganges is the only Ford A.S.S. in Kolkata and they do have a tendency to rip off customers.
There's a new one that opened a couple of months ago - its called 'Victoria' Ford I believe. Check it out - the showroom's on the left side while taking the bypass from Ruby towards Science City. Service centre is somewhere in Topsia.
Wimwian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 14:06   #7

Talking about Victoria Ford have you read this one - Victoria Ford causing an ikon to burn - ford ikon 1.6 petrol Complaints - inefficient technical staffs at victoria ford Kolkata
four.bytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 23:01   #8
Default Re: Please help me with Ganges Ford (Kolkata) After sales service report

Horror story continues with Ganges Ford. Four months back i made a mistake by believing their sales girl Usmita that they will give delivery of my Ecosport within two months. She even assured me that there is a possibility of getting it even before that. I trusted her and gave the booking amount, choosing Ganges over the other Ford dealer Kaikan whose workshop is much nearer to my place. At the time of booking only i asked her if there is any issue with the delivery of my choice of color (Mars Red) and spec (Titanium O) which she said doesnt matter, you will get yours in 2 months. Two months later i called them up only to know its delayed, wait for one more month. Meanwhile i found out that some common friends who booked ecosport after me had already got their car from Kaikan. This is so embarrassing for me and i kept consoling myself that top end spec and red color takes more to get delivered. After 3 months in June end there was a speculation of excise benefits going away and i pressed their sales person to deliver me one soon, color doesn't matter. She gave me a positive reply on July first week saying white and grey are available, which i denied as benefits got extended and i am in love with red one.

Two weeks later when i called them again to know if red color arrived she is refusing to pick my phone ! Even after repeated calls/sms there is no response from her. I gave a missed call from a friends number and she promptly called back two times. I am shocked by their attitude towards customers! If they are behaving like this even before i spend 11L on their car, what will be their attitude after i buy one? They will possibly rip me off with their overpriced service and repairs if any of those Ganges ford customer posts holds true.

I remember one friend of mine who had similar experience a year back. Initially Ganges promised to deliver his petrol ecosport in 5 months. After 5 months they said petrol wont be possible, wait two more months for diesel. He argued why get diesel if i want a petrol car? They didn't even want to refund back full booking amount although its their fault that they failed to deliver his petrol car. He went ahead and bought the Linea.
Meanwhile after all these incidents i have lost my love for Ecosport, my admiration for Ford in general. The Polo GT seems to excite me now. Guess ill take the plunge
Samfromindia is offline   Reply With Quote