Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 26th June 2007, 16:29   #1
BHPian

Default Mandovi Motors - Incompetent supervisors

My dad's Wagon R was due for a service. The car is about 3 years old. It has run about 13k kms and was last serviced a year back. We wanted to change from Mineral Oil to Synthetic oil. Had bought about 4 ltrs of Shell Helix Ultra (650 per ltr). The nearest MASS is Mandovi motors. We went there. The supervisor greeted us. He took a look of the car (interiors and engine enclosure ). He did not even bother to ask us what we wanted. He goes:
Saar Oil change , oil filter change , air filter change, brake oil change , gear oil change....... He just went on and on. I started getting a lil irritated. We told him the most important thing was changing the engine oil. He said whats there in that (mamuul kelsa). We told him that the car is on mineral and we want to change to Synthetic. He says ok. Till this point we had not told him that we have oil. Just out of curiosity I asked him , what synthetic oil they used. He says the one Maruthi prescribes to 'Servo'. I asked him if Servo is mineral or Synthetic. He says its the best thing for the engine. I asked him how he planned to change the engine. He says 'We drain the oil and put in the new oil'. At this point i realised that chap has no idea of what he does. I asked him, if they use flushing agents (oil) while changing to Synthetic oil. He says he does not know anything abt it. At this time one of the older mechanics comes in and says , 'I know what you are talking about. I have done it before. But no one asks specifically for that, so we dont do all that. Just drain oil and refill.'
The chaps quoted 10k for front and rear bumper repaint.
Told my dad to take out his car.
Took the car to United Motors which was nearby. The chap there was quite knowledgable. When we asked him for oil change job, he noted down:
-Oil Change , Flush clean, fill new oil. He also volunteered to get us Puralator Filters , Elf Gear oil and Sheel Coolant fluids (oils) even though he does not stock then at no extra cost. Lets see how the car is when we get it back.

I own a Palio Stile. Looking at these *** guys, I think getting a free service done is useless. Get it washed by the *** guys. Get the rest of the stuff done infront of urself by some neighbourhood garage.
zoombiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 17:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

There goes another one! So now Sagar is the only one of the big Maruti service centers left of some repute in Bangalore.
Btw, the supervisor's list of oil changes could come from the fact that the car was serviced a year back, but his lack of knowledge about changing from mineral to synthetic is inexcusable.
There is another small Maruti garage, Prithvi Motors on BG Road. They used to have a couple of good supervisers and mechanics till about a year back. I dont know about now as i havent been there of late. The owner of the garage is a pretty hands on person, which is always a good sign.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 17:23   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
There is another small Maruti garage, Prithvi Motors on BG Road. They used to have a couple of good supervisers and mechanics till about a year back. I dont know about now as i havent been there of late. The owner of the garage is a pretty hands on person, which is always a good sign.
What and where is BG road?
Old 26th June 2007, 17:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
What and where is BG road?
Woops! Bannerugatta Road. Sorry
Old 26th June 2007, 20:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Have you ever tried Surakshaa MASS at Bommanahalli junction on Hosur Road??? Do let me know when u decide to go there....

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 21:34   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There goes another one! So now Sagar is the only one of the big Maruti service centers left of some repute in Bangalore.

LOL!! Amitoj, Read this thread about Sagar:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ic-people.html

I found Solar to be decent, went there for my last service. The service was upto the mark. i had no choice as it was close by so gave it a try.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 21:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

According to me one or other way they will our leg and now a days its common car gets upset on their treatment and the way they attend our cars.

Last year when I left my Swift for 3rd free service at Mandovi Vijaynagar and irrespective of telling their top manger whom I know little bit as well after the service I saw oil leak when parked. After visiting service centre again they found they have done totally mistake in fitting back the stuffs after oil change, did same mistake again in packing it after topping up the oil and good that one senior guy came and checked. He again made mechanic open the packing and make the packing again.

It was too funny to watch Mandovi people and the car owner (myself) calling Maruti top official and blasting with all words and then came appology letter from Maruti which has closed the matter.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 08:56   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Last year when I left my Swift for 3rd free service at Mandovi Vijaynagar and irrespective of telling their top manger whom I know little bit as well after the service I saw oil leak when parked.
Ravi.
My experience was @ Mandovi Vijaynagar too.
Old 27th June 2007, 08:57   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Have you ever tried Surakshaa MASS at Bommanahalli junction on Hosur Road??? Do let me know when u decide to go there....

Abhi
I dont but many of my friends do. They are quite happy with him. Its too far for us to drop and pick it up from there. I stay at Vijaynagar.
Old 27th June 2007, 10:32   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I found Solar to be decent, went there for my last service. The service was upto the mark.
@vid, Wheren't Solar stripped of Maruti dealership sometime back
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 10:33   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
@vid, Wheren't Solar stripped of Maruti dealership sometime back
I think Pratham bought over Solar and now they have only service.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 11:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
I dont but many of my friends do. They are quite happy with him. Its too far for us to drop and pick it up from there. I stay at Vijaynagar.
If you love ur car, you should be prepared to spend atleast 4 hours in every 5000km u drive on her service....Thats what I do...
i stay 15km away (far east in CV Raman Nagar) but still call up Lokesh beforehand and reach there by 8:15AM on a saturday...complete the service and come back by 1PM...Everything happens infront of my eyes.... and I feel very satisfied !!!

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 11:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL!! Amitoj, Read this thread about Sagar:

I found Solar to be decent, went there for my last service. The service was upto the mark. i had no choice as it was close by so gave it a try.
Dhut tere ki! Now that also gone!! Though i dont own a Maruti vehicle anymore, i wonder what choice do other Maruti owners have?? Specially those for whom aftersales service was a major criteria?

Better to befriend a smaller garage owner? Buy him a beer or two??
Old 27th June 2007, 12:29   #14
BHPian

Quote:
I think Pratham bought over Solar and now they have only service.
Thank you. off late I do see lot of Marutis with Solar stickers
Quote:
I wonder what choice do other Maruti owners have?? Specially those for whom aftersales service was a major criteria?
Better to befriend a smaller garage owner? Buy him a beer or two??
After experimenting with the big 5, I already shifted to local garage. Very effective, and light on pocket too. Works well, if you have a basic knowledge about cars and you are willing to step out of a/c lounges.

Best part of local garage is that there is no "passing the blame" game. Even if the job is not done well enough, you know whom to call.

Btw, I find the post of service adviser a total waste. Most of them are dumb to begin with, and some carry "I am a crook" look.

Last edited by WhiteKnight : 27th June 2007 at 12:31.
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 15:02   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
If you love ur car, you should be prepared to spend atleast 4 hours in every 5000km u drive on her service....Thats what I do...
i stay 15km away (far east in CV Raman Nagar) but still call up Lokesh beforehand and reach there by 8:15AM on a saturday...complete the service and come back by 1PM...Everything happens infront of my eyes.... and I feel very satisfied !!!
Abhi
Totally agree with you. I have tried a lot to convince my dad to let me do it. No success as yet. Surakshaa gives my friends dad a spare car whenever he leaves it with them