Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 29th July 2007, 12:14   #1
BHPian

Default Problem with dakshin honda

My cousin had booked a civic manual chocolate colour around two weeks back but wanted the car immediately the dealers there refused and said if we wanted the car immediately we'll have to pay around 2lacs more, and the loan was sanctioned for about 11lacs so we had to cancel.Later we came to know that they had done the same to a previous customer for the same car....its not been sold even today so we decided to go for silver.

this time we thought that we would wait for the car instead of wanting it immediately, so everything was fine and we were supposed to get the car on Monday, again those dakshin called up said that sir we cannot give you the car because the loan amount hasn't reached our account (which was due on monday), where as the bank people had already issued the delivery note to them and send the car for registration which has not been done so we canceled it again and blasted them .

now we have decided to goto to white field honda lets see what happens there....guys i am suspecting that since we refused to take their in house loan( kotak mahindra ) they are doing all this...has this happened to any of you guys..waiting for inputs and comments

Last edited by ported_head : 29th July 2007 at 12:17.
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 18:25   #2
BHPian

a lot of fraud has been happening over the last few years with regards to vehicle loans and the banks have nothing to lose because after delivery of the vehicle based on the delivery instruction from the bank to the dealer, if any problem is found with the documentation the bank will not pay the dealer. so its the dealer who suffers and the bank is not liable to pay anything. so perhaps a few genuine cases like yours are being delayed by the dealers until the payment comes from the bank.

i dont think that in house loan or not makes much difference to the dealer. perhaps they have incurred some losses in the past that has prompted them to wait for the bank payment before the vehicle release.

even at honda 2 wheeler showrooms, they do not deliver the vehicles until they receive the payments from the bank despite the bank giving the go ahead for delivery.
hollywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 22:01   #3
Team-BHP Support

A lot of people seem to be having a problem with Dakshin Honda. A friend of mine had the same problem in booking NHC Vtec. For some reason Dakshin has waiting period for Civic and NHC whereas Whitefield have immediate delivery.

I know a couple of people who cancelled with dakshin and went with Whitefield. They found whitefield service better and got 20K discounts on the NHC in accessories.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 22:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Dakshin Honda seemed to be least bothered about customer service when I went to check out the Civic. They were busy catering to couple of middle aged family folks who they felt would have the money whereas they made me wait for 20 minutes without a sales person. Needless to say I walked out.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 22:54   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
They were busy catering to couple of middle aged family folks who they felt would have the money whereas they made me wait for 20 minutes without a sales person. Needless to say I walked out.
if they left the middle aged persons and attended to you perhaps the middle aged people would have felt that dakshin honda felt that you had more money than them! please dont think so extreme and why did you have to walk out?

don't do that because it helps no one. you should have approached the counter or any staff/ manager/supervisor and queried them in a patient tone as to when you are likely to be attended to and that you have been waiting. this is the only way they will know their deficiencies and have a chance to improve. if we dont tell them and give them or anyone a chance how can they improve?

you might ask, why give them a chance? well, if we dont tell others how we feel about them or how we are being made to feel by them, they would never know and the world would still be a sad place to live in and they in turn may not tell us and may not give us a chance to improve.

if i were to ignore someone involuntarily and if i never knew that i did it, i would most likely continue to do so until someone corrects me.
Old 29th July 2007, 23:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

Honda will have to seriously look at the way their dealers are treating the customers. The succsess of the Honda marque seems to have gone into their heads and they are taking the car buying public for granted. Let us sees how they respond when they finally have competition( SX4) as till now they were selling all the cars their plant could produce.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 00:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
if they left the middle aged persons and attended to you perhaps the middle aged people would have felt that dakshin honda felt that you had more money than them! please dont think so extreme and why did you have to walk out?

don't do that because it helps no one. you should have approached the counter or any staff/ manager/supervisor and queried them in a patient tone as to when you are likely to be attended to and that you have been waiting. this is the only way they will know their deficiencies and have a chance to improve. if we dont tell them and give them or anyone a chance how can they improve?

you might ask, why give them a chance? well, if we dont tell others how we feel about them or how we are being made to feel by them, they would never know and the world would still be a sad place to live in and they in turn may not tell us and may not give us a chance to improve.

if i were to ignore someone involuntarily and if i never knew that i did it, i would most likely continue to do so until someone corrects me.
Well I made quite a few signs that I was growing impatient but the receptionist was to no avail. Their standard 5 minutes please banter kept going on and on. If their presales is as bad as that I wonder what their aftersales would actually be. My experience with whitefield honda was much much better and the test drive was arranged without much hassle. Somehow I had a feeling that the Dakshin Honda folks had an arrogant overtone in their behaviour... as if they were doing the folks a favour by selling them Honda Cars.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 12:47   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Well I made quite a few signs that I was growing impatient but the receptionist was to no avail. Their standard 5 minutes please banter kept going on and on. If their presales is as bad as that I wonder what their aftersales would actually be. My experience with whitefield honda was much much better and the test drive was arranged without much hassle. Somehow I had a feeling that the Dakshin Honda folks had an arrogant overtone in their behaviour... as if they were doing the folks a favour by selling them Honda Cars.
oh! well in that case they certainly do not deserve a customer like you or anyone else! i too have experienced that whitefiled honda seems to be more professional at customer service (on the service center side). in fact i live in south bangalore but still take my car to whitefield for service! especially after dakshin bashed up my citys' front bumper in their workshop. of course they fixed it free of cost (albeit with a little fuss) but since that incident i am not comfortable there.
Old 30th July 2007, 14:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

Old news about Dakshin Honda. They seem to have a lot of negative press. When I wanted to buy the civic, I called up Dakshin first, asked them for the prices and then wanted to know the loan options. they said they'll ask someone to give me a call in 5 minutes. It never happened. I again called a day later, same question, same answer. I haven't received a call from them to date.

So I happily went to Whitefield were initally they were a wee bit suspicious if I could afford a Civic, but they were professional enough to explain everything and even delivered my car on a Sunday when the front office doesn't normally work.

Even when the City ZX VTEC was launched I had called up Dakshin for a test drive which never came.

Have been happy with whitefield so far.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 21:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

I have a different take on Dakshin. just went there to have a test drive of the Civic and there was only one sales guy on that Sunday and he was already busy with one customer. Inspite of that, he greeted us, made sure we were comfortable and went with the other customer for a test drive.

He was so polite, inspite of us(me n friends) not looking serious buyers(or were we?) and did not mind all of us taking a test drive. he was very apologetic too, when we said the car did not meet our expectations . He did not think it nice to ask us what we expected, though.

He was the only dealer who called to follow up and accepted my decision to buy another car, though he did try to push the Civic.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 21:58   #11
Senior - BHPian

My experience with Dakshin Honda was different. Right from sales (test drive, discounts, loan, delivery) to service everything was smooth and courteous. But Whitefield Honda (on Millers Road) seem less eager to sell the car. Actually I had to dig out the information about from the sales lady.
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote