Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: Who are better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Plz read 1st post before voting)
BIMAL AUTO AGENCY (KANAKAPURA ROAD) 2 0.98%
BIMAL AUTO AGENCY (WHITE FIELD ROAD) 14 6.83%
KALYANI MOTORS (MYSORE ROAD) 4 1.95%
MANDOVI MOTORS (WILSON GARDENS) 15 7.32%
MANDOVI MOTORS (VIJAYANAGAR) 5 2.44%
MANDOVI MOTORS (YESWANTHPUR) 3 1.46%
MANDOVI MOTORS (BANNERGHATTA ROAD) 14 6.83%
PRATHAM MOTORS (SARJAPUR RING ROAD) 13 6.34%
RNS MOTORS (YESHWANTPUR) 19 9.27%
RNS MOTORS (HOSUR ROAD) 4 1.95%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (KANAKPURA RD) 0 0%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (BANASWADI) 0 0%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (BANNERGHATTA RD) 9 4.39%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (BASVESVARA NAGAR) 1 0.49%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (BASANAVAGUDI) 1 0.49%
SOLAR AUTOMOBILES (ST.JOHN'S ROAD) 6 2.93%
SURAKSHA 54 26.34%
Other Authorized Maruti Service Stations 38 18.54%
Local shops 11 5.37%
None 6 2.93%
I never owned any Maruti car 13 6.34%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18th April 2012, 21:21   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Is Surakshaa, Bommanahalli loosing it?

The SA (Mr. Dilip) said they identified the problem to be the poor quality pressure plate which was installed during the service. He claims that there was one more car which had to be brought back after a clutch replacement due to poor quality MGP pressure plate. Don't know whether to believe that.

Anyways, they fixed the car and delivered it home the next day. And the car is doing well since then.

It turned out to be a major embarrassment for me. Though I am really glad that they didn't get stuck out on the road.

Btw, I am hearing all good things about the new Mandovi opened at Sarjapur Road. Will go there the next time.
What happened next ? Please update us ? How was this resolved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Just got a invitation call from Suraksha, their Electronic City dealership inauguration is on coming Sunday 29th April and 9 am They actually extended the invite to our whole office, since many are customers.

So one more proper dealer in BLR, i guess. Hopefully the long wait list would be little less with new dealer??

Checked about the Bommanahalli renovation work and they mentioned it would also be fully operational in next 10-15 days to kind of coincide with the dealership opening. Body shop is separate and was working full steam when i had visited about a month back.
I remember telling them to start a Fiat dealership so that I can buy the Punto .
This is one place, where I just dont bother to check the bill nor do I question on what they recommend .
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 09:47   #77
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting)

I had a bad experience with UM cars, Sri Krishna temple road, Indranagar. umcars

Went for my 20k service delivery etc was OK. Then after a few days discovered my baby has an oil leak, went back to them, and they said the O ring on the drain plug has broken. Odd considering they had charged me for a new one. They drained the oil into a container which I had to ensure was clean and refilled the oil.

Then a few days later my glove compartment refused to close. Opened it up and found a strange looking plastic piece fallen off. Work done in this area was to insert a AC cabin filter. Looked but could not find a place where the part fitted onto. Yet to go back to them.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 11:58   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
What happened next ? Please update us ? How was this resolved?
Like I mentioned in the post, they took the car and replaced the clutch plate again with a new one. The car is doing well since then. It might be a case of a poor quality pressure plate. I guess we will never know.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 09:50   #79
BHPian

I have just shifted my car from noida to bangalore near Hennur Cross at ORR.
I need to get my SX4 Service done. In front of my house Mandovi Motors service station is there. Can i rely on them or i have any better option nearby.

Thanks for your help.
Amit
amitbjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 13:35   #80
BHPian

I went to Surakshaa Bomanahalli yesterday to get my Swift serviced. Since this was the 40K Kms. service was a major one.

Reached there at 8:40AM and was greeted by SA Venkatesh who started all the formalities, checking dents, noting the Chasis number, fuel gauge etc. In between someone called him and he asked SA Dilip to take over. Dileep again asked me all the questions and i had to answer and explain all the problems.

I told them no balancing or wheel alignment and asked them to find from vehicle history, when i changed the Engine Oil last. It took him almost 20 mins to get that information. By the time i am slowly comtemplating whether i did a good choice driving 22 kms from my house to get the service done here.

Then i asked for Mr. Lokesh. I introduced him being a t-bhpian and he checked the engine oil and said there were sludge and suggested a flush. 250ml of Bardahl Engine flush was put in the engine and me and Mr. Lokesh went for a test drive, he mentioned it is advised to run the car for 5-6 Kms so that the flush can be mixed properly. We talked about t-bhp and he was mentioning about akroy and speedsatya.

After we came back car was sent to the wash bay. there were 2 other cars and after that the car was cleaned, doors greased, diesel was mist sprayed on the black plastic trims, dashboard was smeared with some kind of gel. Their washing area is in the next plot.

After it came back to the service area, had to wait and after 20 mins was hoisted up. One mechanic started flusing all liquids. The contraption that was used to collect old oil overflowed and the entire mess took another 30 mins to clean. Luckily coolant and gear oil was taken out without any issue.

Air filter, spark pluged, fuel filter replaced. New gear oil and coolant was filled in. 4 litres (1 litre X 4 cans) of Mobil Untra Full synthetic 5W40 was brought and filled. Only 3.6L was put in. In parallel another guy was cleaning brake pads, lubricating the brake calipers etc and a third person was fixing the bumper. My rear bumper was hit few weeks back by a wagonR and left with a cut and dislocated from one side. the SA mentioned that it cannot be repaired and had to be replaced and repainted at INR6000. i asked them just to fix them with screws. They did a pretty decent job in fixing it with screws, although there is a small gap, but would not blame them as they plastic hooks which keep tham in place were broken.

i wanted to get both my bumpers painted, but they quoted INR10K to replace the rear bumper and paint both. Dont have that much Vitamin M right now and also didnt feel like spending that much on a 5+ year old car. Moreover, in Bangalore traffic thanks to cab and auto-rickshaw drivers, they would get scratched again in few weeks.

Now smaller things like tightening the hand brake, changing a fused rear brake bulb and rear fog bulbs were done. Then the mechanic started taking the car for alignment, i said not required and it was also properly mentioned in the job card as well. All these were completed by 1PM. Please note that i was with the car all of this time and the SA never even came and inspected what was going on.

Then all SAs and other people proceeded to lunch and came back around 2:15PM. i had to wait as didnt feel like coming back 22 Kms. After the SA returned i asked him to prepare the bill quickly as i was hungry and wanted to come back home. He said it will be ready in 10 mins.

Almost 1 hour passed and the SA was nowhere to be seen. When i inquired he said another 10 mins. I asked what is the delay and this time i lose my patience and ask Mr. Lokesh. Now they say that from afternoon onwards there is some issue with central server connectivity. I told them that if they had mentioned this earlier atleast i would have gone and had lunch somewhere. By the time the system was up and running, i paid and was ready to drive back it was 4PM.

Overall a good experience, and would go there again. However, they need to change few things,

Pros:
1. You can be with the car and see what they are doing
2. 100% transparency
3. Small but good customer waiting room and clean toilets (although a TV would have been nice)
4. Mechanic and staff were courteous
5. SAs were good and informative (except Dilip who was allocated to my car)

Cons:
1. Lokesh needs to keep a close watch on the SAs
2. My SA spent less than 15 mins with the car/me in the entire 7 hours i was there
3. Transparency about issues like server connectivity should be informed to customer
4. Finer things like cleaning the seats an issue. I have art leather seats, and there were dust marks all over. I noticed that during delivery but was not keen on raiting it as issue as i was hungry and my patience level was almost over by that time.

Finally scanned the copies of the bills
Attached Thumbnails
Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting)-surakshaa.jpg  

Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting)-surakshaa2.jpg  

Attached Images

hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 09:58   #81
Senior - BHPian

Guys, which service center would you recommend around Marthahalli/ Bellandur area. Pratham Bellandur is nearby however reviews of the same wasnt any good on the forum. Mine is a 20K free service. No much work apart from getting engine oil/ filer and gear oil changed.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 11:24   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Guys, which service center would you recommend around Marthahalli/ Bellandur area. Pratham Bellandur is nearby however reviews of the same wasnt any good on the forum. Mine is a 20K free service. No much work apart from getting engine oil/ filer and gear oil changed.
Go to Surakshaa Bomanahalli. They have pick up and drop. And it is not that far away from Marathahalli.
hyper-VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 11:30   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Mandovi is also there on Haralur road off Sarjapur road. Coming form ORR get on to Sarjapur road and take a right opp Big Bazaar (which will be on your left).

Go down for less than half a km and you will see Fisherman's wharf restaurant. Behind that is Mandovi.

Haven't tried it so I'm not sure how good it is.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 11:44   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Mandovi is also there on Haralur road off Sarjapur road. Coming form ORR get on to Sarjapur road and take a right opp Big Bazaar (which will be on your left).
Thanks, started off by searching for a good service centre near to Old airport (I stay in Murgeshpalaya). Guess the only option there is Bimal near Manipal hospital. Based on reviews on comments thought against that. Next option was Pratham near Bellandur on ORR since I work there, again negative feedback so left that too. Had seen good reviews about Suraksha on Hosur road, however on a working day wont be able for a drop off in morning. Even if they come and pick the car will be next day for return. So now
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 13:58   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Even if they come and pick the car will be next day for return. So now
Since you mentioned that your car does not require extensive work, i feel they will definitely return the car the same day. You can call Surakshaa (numbers in post#80 in this thread) and confirm.

My service was for 40K Kms. and needed lot of other work like engine flush, coolant replace, spark plug replace, brake bleeding and rear bumper fixing and all of it was completed within 4.5 hours sharp which included exterior, engine bay and underbody wash as well.
hyper-VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 14:18   #86
Senior - BHPian

How would Surakshaa compare with Mandovi on the Haralur road. Mandovi is soo close its almost tempting but i want decent quality as i am not pressed for time nor do i mind driving there and dropping the car and taking it back a few days later (As some body work needs getting done).

BTW, Where is Surakshaa on Hosur Road? One says Hosur Road (Bommanhalli) and the other says Electronic City? My guess is Bommanhalli would be closer to Bellandur.
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 14:52   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks, started off by searching for a good service centre near to Old airport (I stay in Murgeshpalaya). Guess the only option there is Bimal near Manipal hospital. Based on reviews on comments thought against that. Next option was Pratham near Bellandur on ORR since I work there, again negative feedback so left that too. Had seen good reviews about Suraksha on Hosur road, however on a working day wont be able for a drop off in morning. Even if they come and pick the car will be next day for return. So now
Solar automobiles on St. Johns road will also work. Easy connectivity to Murugeshpalya.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 16:29   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
How would Surakshaa compare with Mandovi on the Haralur road. Mandovi is soo close its almost tempting but i want decent quality as i am not pressed for time nor do i mind driving there and dropping the car and taking it back a few days later (As some body work needs getting done).

BTW, Where is Surakshaa on Hosur Road? One says Hosur Road (Bommanhalli) and the other says Electronic City? My guess is Bommanhalli would be closer to Bellandur.
Mayank, i have never tried Mandovi @ Haralur, so would not be able to comment.

If you are coming from HSR and touch Silk board, turn left towards hosur. Once you turn within a km. you would be able to see Surakshaa on your right. You have to travel a bit further and take a U turn. Once you take the U turn take the service road and drive straight. There is a Honda 2 wheeler showroom and then Surakshaa on your left. This is the Bomanahalli centre. Contact Lokesh, he is the works manager.
Old 14th May 2012, 16:35   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Mayank, i have never tried Mandovi @ Haralur, so would not be able to comment.

If you are coming from HSR and touch Silk board, turn left towards hosur. Once you turn within a km. you would be able to see Surakshaa on your right. You have to travel a bit further and take a U turn. Once you take the U turn take the service road and drive straight. There is a Honda 2 wheeler showroom and then Surakshaa on your left. This is the Bomanahalli centre. Contact Lokesh, he is the works manager.
Is the renovation complete? There was complete disarray when i went there 2 weeks back to get a friends car serviced. He was not too happy with the job done as well.

Went to Lokesh and asked him to take care of the problems. But with so many cars coming in and amidst the confusion of construction there is only so much one man can do.

It's better to wait for renovation to complete then go to Bomanahalli.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 17:02   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Is the renovation complete? It's better to wait for renovation to complete then go to Bomanahalli.
No. Renovation is still going on. Since i was with the car (had taken a leave), things were satisfactory.