Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 25th August 2007, 18:59   #1
BHPian

Angry Honesty at a premium at Concorde Service Center, Mysore Road, Bangalore

My indica V2 2005 model has been under regular service at Concorde Motors, Hosur Road.
We left the car for 25,000kms service at Mysore Road Concorde. The service advisor Mr.Rohit conned my wife in to agreeing for a decarbonizing! This was suggested and carried out at the 20,000kms service Concorde motors, Hosur road (I gave in last time after speaking to the service manager there, though I knew that it was not necessary)

In addition, though oil change is not necessary at 25,000kms service as per Tata motors service schedule and it is not 6 months since last service, the service center has gone on to changing the engine oil and oil filter etc., The overall bill for routine service was Rs. 4800, not including the decarb charges!

The decarb charges were waived after fighting with them.

To correct rattles and some water leakage when it rains, in a car under extended warranty, they have charged me close to Rs.800, this total amount having billed under 3 separate headings!

My wife and I were also made to wait for 11/2 hours for billing formalities to be completed despite the car being ready.

Very very sad state of affairs and honesty seems to be at a premium at this service site.

Mahesh
maheshshanmugam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 13:38   #2
BHPian

Sad to hear of your plight. My pre-sale experience with Conconrde Motors itself was bad to put me off them..

I am told..(never went to Tata seriously after the concorde affair) by other members on this forum that Prerna is better compared to the others..

Nimz
Nimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 13:46   #3
BHPian

very sad to read about the cheeky things done by the dealer,threaten him for going to consumer court and escalate the matter upto highest level, dont leave them
merains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 14:14   #4
Team-BHP Support

This is surprising in light of another thread here much earlier that spoke abt the virtues of the same Concorde service on Mysore Rd
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 16:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Decarbing is one of the first loves of the con artists at service centers. Never fall into that trap !
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 17:35   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Decarbing is one of the first loves of the con artists at service centers. Never fall into that trap !
Could you please elaborate - when is decarbing required? The Hyundai A.S.S told me that decarbonization has to be done every 20K kms. I've got it done twice so far.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 22:34   #7
BHPian

Default Engine Decarb???

Hi Guys

I was looking at this post and did not see any responses to the last post on engine decarbing. How often should one go in for an engine decarb if at all?
msetlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 07:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

i believe decarbing is not routine maintenence. It should be done only if there are specific symptoms - like loss of pickup etc

Unfortunately, honesty is at a premium at any tata service center
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 07:48   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshshanmugam View Post
My indica V2 2005 model has been under regular service at Concorde Motors, Hosur Road.
We left the car for 25,000kms service at Mysore Road Concorde. The service advisor Mr.Rohit conned my wife in to agreeing for a decarbonizing! This was suggested and carried out at the 20,000kms service Concorde motors, Hosur road (I gave in last time after speaking to the service manager there, though I knew that it was not necessary)

In addition, though oil change is not necessary at 25,000kms service as per Tata motors service schedule and it is not 6 months since last service, the service center has gone on to changing the engine oil and oil filter etc., The overall bill for routine service was Rs. 4800, not including the decarb charges!

The decarb charges were waived after fighting with them.

To correct rattles and some water leakage when it rains, in a car under extended warranty, they have charged me close to Rs.800, this total amount having billed under 3 separate headings!

My wife and I were also made to wait for 11/2 hours for billing formalities to be completed despite the car being ready.

Very very sad state of affairs and honesty seems to be at a premium at this service site.

Mahesh
Concorde Service is pathetic, they once had charged me 150/- for water wash . Upon asking them, they said its a mistake. Second time, they said they have applied the Tyre Polish and charged 100/-, which was never asked.

After much of negotiations, all these charges were waived off, which in the first place should never have been charged.

Customer care is pathetic. I had similar experiences @ Prerana Motors (Now in Hosur Road) and Manipal Motors as well. I have sold off my Tata Car due to these service issues and have vowed not to ever buy a Tata or Tata Serviced Vehicle.
deepakchiniwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 15:47   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Concorde Service is pathetic, they once had charged me 150/- for water wash . Upon asking them, they said its a mistake. Second time, they said they have applied the Tyre Polish and charged 100/-, which was never asked.

After much of negotiations, all these charges were waived off, which in the first place should never have been charged.

Customer care is pathetic. I had similar experiences @ Prerana Motors (Now in Hosur Road) and Manipal Motors as well. I have sold off my Tata Car due to these service issues and have vowed not to ever buy a Tata or Tata Serviced Vehicle.

..........and here I am planning to buy the Palio 1.6 SPorts from Concorde, Diary circle next week ..God save me !!! Am purely buying the vehicle for the performance levels it is offering....I hope TATA improves their service levels..
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 17:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

I would say ( and i believe so much has been said off the record by a certain fiat official) that you better find a competent independent workshop , and go to tata only for the mandatory oil changes and warranty replacements
Old 14th July 2009, 22:05   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I would say ( and i believe so much has been said off the record by a certain fiat official) that you better find a competent independent workshop , and go to tata only for the mandatory oil changes and warranty replacements

Right said. i have indeed done the preliminary job of finding an alternate workshop as a safe bet. But then there are spare part availibility issues and all those, for which we are at the mercy of the authorized dealers. I really dont know why FIAT is not able to establish tie ups with good dealers rather than resorting to people like TATA who provide step sisterly treatment to FIAT. But then things are evolving as I am very well experienced with the A.S.S from TVS Sundaram that is rated as the worst ever a car can have.
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 22:17   #13
BHPian

Thank you greenhorn. I wonder why my service advisor from Trident Hyundai keeps asking me if I need an engine decarb every time I take the car to Trident for a service. How much should this cost me and what does an engine decarb constitute of?
msetlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 22:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

not sure about hyundai, but the details for tata cars are mentioned here
Tata Motors Customer Care :: Decarbonising & Engine Flush
Old 14th July 2009, 22:43   #15
Team-BHP Support

Financial con was a part of the concorde culture when I was in Bangalore.
Esp related to Extended warranty. If you are not careful, they will make money from you.
For example in my car thermostat was changed and they refused to give me extended warranty saying its not covered.
Later when going through the book I realized I had been cheated.
Another incidence of cheating was glow plug replacement. I was charged for that even though I had extended warranty.
So when you go to concorde motors, always assume a thief standing in front of you, its your duty to save your wallet.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote