Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 30th August 2007, 08:38   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Walk into the same honda showroom[deccan honda] and tell them you are interested in the NHC but are also considering the sx4 and you will get something like this:

Yes sir we know sx4 has more features but honda is a reputed brand,would you like to buy something from a street side vendor or something from a high end shop[the person named the shop can't remember it now],and yes they too did have the same line sir I will give you a list of people who have come back to us after going for the sx4.And the most interesting bit was that it is unsafe to put 100 bhp in a c segment car[they forgot they sell the vtec too],ABS is dangerous for city driving and stuff like that.

So badmouthing other companies is not limited to any particular company.
My experience with Deccan Honda was very nice. When told the sales person Prabhu I am also considering Cedia, he never bitched about the car. He said Cedia is also a good car and Honda has very reliable engines that require very low maintenance.

I think it all lies in the maturity of the sales person that deals with you.
megger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 10:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Most of the Salesmen & Salesgals do this & just shows their immaturity.

When I was planning to buy a Car, I had shortlisted Santro and Palio, so went to a Hyundai dealer, the pretty Sales girl there was cribbing all bad about Palio like Poor Resale value, Bad Service etc..! I told her that is fine but if you compare the features of Palio and Santro, Palio is ahead by miles, but still she carried on with the same rant....!

Finally, I bought a Palio!

Last edited by finneyp : 30th August 2007 at 10:38.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 12:36   #18
BHPian

I remember one NHC sales guy talking about NHC having multiple(he told about 4 spark plugs I believe) spark plugs because of which no other can can come close to its performance
sivadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 13:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Negative marketing is nothing new. These days when you go to a dealership they waste more time telling you how bad the competitor car is rather than giving the plus points of their own.
I agree to it that its a cheap marketing tactic but sadly the irony is that it works 80% of the time . I have plainly asked once to a sales person who was raving about Verna's power and control (during the TD part the guy almost ran over a cycle ) , "Why are you talking about a point that was proved wrong by none other than you ? " , he sheepishly answered , "very few actually takes time in reasearching or analysing the statements they make" . I told him ," I didnt reasearch nor did I analyse...you just showed it to me !! ". Finally he admitted , "Thats what they asked me tell people like you " .
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 16:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
He he he....

Deccan Honda continues to suck...

And what's funny is - they are the rare dealership who have worse sales workforce than service!!!

Everytime I visit them for my NHC servicing, I do have a chat with the sales guys and they continue to amaze me with their arrogance and incompetence.

And this is what my friend told their manager after taking delivery of his NHC - "If I had gone to Laxmi road to buy a bicycle (than coming to you to buy a Honda), I would have gotten more respect from the shopkeeper."
These are the guys who pushed me towards SX4. Otherwise I was set to buy vtec in April 07 itself.
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 17:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

We cannot blame the car sales personnel. They are not the creamy guys/gals from the elitist marketing B-Schools although some amount of common-sense is expected from them !

So don't over expect !

Last edited by mithun : 30th August 2007 at 17:12.
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 01:04   #22
BHPian

Most of the Salesmen & Salesgals do this & just shows their immaturity.

When I was planning to buy a Car, I had shortlisted Santro and Palio, so went to a Hyundai dealer, the pretty Sales girl there was cribbing all bad about Palio like Poor Resale value, Bad Service etc..! I told her that is fine but if you compare the features of Palio and Santro, Palio is ahead by miles, but still she carried on with the same rant....!

Finally, I bought a Palio!

i wonder how much less you will get for your palio when you wish to sell it than compared to if it was a hyundai that you were selling. however immature you might label the salespersons, fiat resale is very poor compared to hyundai and thats a fact.
hollywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 02:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
i wonder how much less you will get for your palio when you wish to sell it than compared to if it was a hyundai that you were selling. however immature you might label the salespersons, fiat resale is very poor compared to hyundai and thats a fact.
When did Finney declare that he was willing to sell his motor? I'm sure thats not happening anytime soon Right Finney?
In any case, I'm sure he or any other Palio owner would have taken that negative factor of resale into consideration at the time of purchase. Some cars are keepers and Palio is one of those, unless you've been harrowed by the A.S.S or the lack of availability of spares. Resale or no resale,I am sure even I would contemplate on selling the car if I have to face issues in procuring spares in future.

Coming back to the topic, I had the Santro,Indica and Palio in my list at the time of purchase. While the Indica guys were indifferent and non-interested in selling their car, the Hyundai guys were arrogant and tried their best to put down every other car that falls in that price bracket.Palio topped the list then since it was in its better days .

In comparison,the Fiat guys at Shaman made me feel at home, they knew their product was not perfect for the Indian market at that point of time. But the car managed to sell itself to me.

Last edited by roms : 3rd September 2007 at 02:21.
roms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 13:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
Well....
Palios once bought are generally never sold...:-)
They are tough and last long.
So Fiat's non-existant After sales service is generally pretty well compensated by their basic product itself...

Anybody who buys a palio or adventure knows right at the time of buying that there is no after sales service. In fact, Fiat should use this notion to their advantage:

While others are offering extended warrantees, we offer NO after sales service as our cars don't need it....lol...
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 14:58   #25
BHPian

I am yet to sit in a Toyota car that impresses me relative to it's price. Honda kicks their @ss anyday.... (I don't own either brand btw).
vebmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:10   #26
BHPian

I personally feel it depends on the salesman but generally they are prejudiced and are only trying to make a sale to make commision or complete their target

Note from moderator - url removed direct marketing is not allowed.

Last edited by ajmat : 3rd September 2007 at 18:01. Reason: marketing url added
abhijit 2284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 16:21   #27
BHPian

Honda - arrogance and incompetence, they are Honda..period
Maruti - Most Sales guys don't have technical data for the well informed customer, one Sales guy told me the engine in SX4 was the same as in Baleno, hence proven technology . another corrected him, telling it's the new "G" series !!! The didn't know a damn thing about the specs like wheelbase or ground clearance or if the display unit was showing the outside temp or inside temp and even after telling them that it was the outside temp, they didn't know if there was a way to toggle it to show the inside temp. They Kept on saying, yessir it can be done .
Hundai - The sales guy shared the prices but they didn't have a verna for TD, promised to send one to my office .which never appeared.

GM - Most friendly Sales team, never badmouthed their competitors, never boasted of we are GM, shared all technical data and if they didn't know something, they called up the service guy to answer my query, were offering best discounts without any haggling.

Feel sorry for the GM guy, but he was certainly the best among the lot.
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 08:50   #28
BHPian

When i was looking to buy a car.
I had TD'ed Indica and Hyundai.

This happened in 2005 November.

TATA dealers
I asked why is the Santro expensive compared to the Indica, and why are ppl buying it
TATA Dealer - Ppl buy a Hyundai bcos of the Brand name.

Hyundai Dealers
I asked which is better, Wagon R or a Santro.
Hyundai sales guy -- Sir, please drive both and then make ur call. *i was really impressed*

Dint get a chance to TD Wagon R and really liked the Hyndai sales team and responsiveness of the Santro engine and booked it, aaaand then cancelled it as i had to travel to US. And my plan of buying a car is still on hold, as i havent got a chance to spend time back at home.
carCrazy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 12:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

the guy who was selling me the palio - knew nothing of the car, nor of any car. he actually was told me the door has 3 stages of opening. :O
most sales people in the car showrooms are sales people who know very little to nothing of cars. They are put through a one/ two day training program on the car, and then told to sell.
crazy!
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 16:11   #30
BHPian

I went to Pratham Motors to book a Maruti Swift Vdi , unfortunately I visited them around 1.30pm and almost all the sales person where out to lunch ?!??!.....ridiculous, I waited for around 45 minutes visiting each and every car displayed and found one Swift Lxi which was completely upgraded to look like a Zxi model, they have fitted Electrical windows for all four windows, moon roof, alloys etc. etc. looked good, suddenly a guy appeared from nowwhere and said he will help me out, I was glad and sat with him, he gave a shock that the Vdi will take 4 months to be deliverd, and I asked whether any Swift Vxi atleast readily available, to my surprise he pointed the one I was looking before and said this Vxi model is available, I was surprised and asked him thrice "is this Vxi?" he said "YES SIR THIS IS Vxi made by Pratham"... LOL.. I was literally speechless and went around the car and showed him the display, poor fella.. he started smiling at me and was really embarassed, then a girl saw all the drama came to save this guy who finally agreed it was Lxi huh... The dealers should atleast train the guys on the displayed vehicles....
kingshan is offline   Reply With Quote