Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 31st October 2007, 15:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Another shoddy job by Tata-Fiat dealers. Since the last few weeks the new muffler has been hitting the underside when the car goes over rough roads or potholes. Luckily, got a call from Tata Motors asking about Fortune's job quality. 48 hours later I got a call from Fortune asking me to bring the car over on Saturday for rectification. Though I had a hard time explaining what was wrong to both Tata and Fortune customer care people, at least, there is some action on this issue. Lets see how well Fortune resolve this issue.

PS: I thought the GTX and S10 mufflers are the same with only the chrome tip being the difference between the two. Can anyone confirm this? Is the muffler hitting the underbody a shoddy job by the dealer or it's because the muffler isn't of the S10 and hence the problem?
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 15:50   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
PS: I thought the GTX and S10 mufflers are the same with only the chrome tip being the difference between the two. Can anyone confirm this? Is the muffler hitting the underbody a shoddy job by the dealer or it's because the muffler isn't of the S10 and hence the problem?
Both the mufflers are same except for the end tip. It looks like a shoddy job on their part. Could be that one mounting needs to be bent further to avoid hitting.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 18:00   #18
BHPian

The Fortune Tata-Fiat is expert in what we call "Thuk Patti Kaam" .

In any conversation with the supervisor, after couple of statement made by them, they use "shayad aise rahega"....its all guess work they do...I guess they have large pool of data, so they apply hyuristic principle and come up with guess work.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote