Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 11th March 2008, 12:47   #121

Default Vijai Motors Pvt Ltd. Whitefield Road.

Hello Folks,

I was just thanking my star, after hearing news of Vijai Motors opening service center near white field.

Sorry for the long note :

I guess the agency opened / started it's operation on 3rd March, i had called on 4th to book my UVA vehicle for service, they took all the details and i was told that some one will call in next 2 hrs..... i did not get any call till 8th of March, then i walked in on 8th March for service and i got the expected answer... they are full with service and fortunately they they agreed to service my vehicle on 10th. and they sent driver to pickup my vehicle with out any papers / acknowledgement.

After making couple of calls agency and after confirmation that he, was the right person, gave car for service (General service, low mileage and electrical checkup and washing)

They charged me 100/- for vehicle pick up and drop (i stay just 4 KM from the agency) i agreed.

I called up around 5 PM to check if the car is ready with the repair so that I can go and pickup, car was ready.

I was charged for Rs.240/- washing, Rs.300/- for engine tune up and PD Rs.100/- ??

I agree on washing, they did the pretty good job.
I don’t understand why they should charge me for engine tune up, car is just 6 months old and done 6500 KM ??

Moreover when I asked the Plant Manger Mr.XXXX (I am sorry to describe him like this ….Aged person, with drunken face l, very low on energy, + with a attitude) he was just talking very casually and he was just showing his attitude ?? he was saying that that is their charges …. Period..

Only my apprehension is that, the new agency should not become one more Sundaram right… I really don’t know what is the agency selection process by General Motors ???

By the way Vijai Motors Pvt Ltd is not fully ready / functional, paint shop, decent work place for employees, visitor lounge (very small) probably on the cards don’t know when it will be done… they gave the bill with out any envelop, after the car washing no paper on dist mat, list goes on….

I will stop here, pls be cautious when you visit this place.

Thanks for your patience….

Regards

Note From Support Staff: [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags from these post are removed by a Mod.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section.

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th March 2008 at 12:53. Reason: Removed Color & Size Tags
BNSrinath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 16:26   #122
Senior - BHPian

Wind, Kavu75 and BNSrinath has really put me into a dilemma now :-)! Should I go to crowded Sundaram for my Aveo's 5k service or try out Vijai Motors?

Anyone else has any experiences to offer? Am sure that most Chevy owners who have chanced upon this thread are avidly following it!
itwasntme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 19:06   #123
Senior - BHPian

@itwasntme
If you have an appointment with Sundaram then go with them. If you cannot wait then go with Vijai.
Anyday Vijai will work on the issues you mention about your car and also will service your car according to standards. Some times we should adjust with the points srinath has pointed.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 20:20   #124
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I was waiting for another dealer to open service shop, other than Sundaram. Heard negatives about Sundaram's service quality and waiting list and so on.

Left my UVA for servicing with vijai Services at Mahadevapura , Bangalore on 8th March, Saturday for 2nd free service. Service Advisor took the list of things to do. I had a knocking sound in Front Left shocks. Initially the advisor told me , the budget for service will be Rs.2000. I told him, my dear sir this is free service you cannot charge me and insisted what ever the repair and service has to be covered in warranty and free service.

As they had rush of vehicles for service, advisor called me in Evening to say , I may have to drop of vehicle at my residence on Monday morning. Total bill amount for service came to Rs. 225/-. No drop charges put on me.

Service quality is acceptable and the knocking sound in front left shock rectified for good.

Hope Vijai Service would maintain the quality of service for future too.

One can talk to Cherian, plant incharge at Vijai Service on his mobile to book service schedule - 9845086670

Dwarak
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 09:21   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Wind, Kavu75 and BNSrinath has really put me into a dilemma now :-)! Should I go to crowded Sundaram for my Aveo's 5k service or try out Vijai Motors?
I think you can try at Vijay for your 5k service, at the moment they are doing their work. It's true they lack very much in some professional approach. Hope that will improve by time.
Overall I am happy with my service experience.
kavu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 09:24   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Total bill amount for service came to Rs. 225/-. No drop charges put on me.
Dwarak
How come only Rs.225, Don't you have any oil change? Or Do you have taken any service package? My service i paid for oil and filter change other than polish expense.
kavu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 19:17   #127
BHPian

Those wanting to have a look at and test ride GM Chevy vehicles can contact Mr. Cherion at 98450 86670. The showroom is next to Bimal's on KR Puram road.
srikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 13:33   #128

Pickup nothing great, 3rd gear really bad pickup... Really in good road i could not touch >110 ( i know we should not overspeed, and not safe) i assume that may be after 10k service pickup might improve (after 5K service, pickup has improved)
Old 17th March 2008, 17:30   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNSrinath View Post
Pickup nothing great, 3rd gear really bad pickup... Really in good road i could not touch >110 ( i know we should not overspeed, and not safe) i assume that may be after 10k service pickup might improve (after 5K service, pickup has improved)
Please comment against the quote. It would help us to understand your comment.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 16:18   #130

I got my Aveo tyre(tubeless) flat. I called up Vijai service as i was working near by whitefield, They told me they dont have the Puncture lit for tubelss tyre, It was a great SURPRISE for me !!!! :(

May be the person with whom i spoke might not be cognizant enough on the things, So i called up again after 15 min and spoke to another person (different voice) he also said the same.... this is really hard to believe what do they mean by they dont have the puncture kit!! Is that a rare item to be kept in a service garage!!!!
shocks!!!

SR
FAst 'n furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 19:11   #131
BHPian

FAst 'n furious: You are making me think twice about my decision to buy a Spark :(
Old 21st March 2008, 19:51   #132
BHPian

Also, did you try Sundaram motors?
Old 23rd March 2008, 23:28   #133
Senior - BHPian

Update from my Aveo's 2nd (5000km) free service at Sundaram:

Generally satisfactory but they could not deliver the car the same day (got it next day at 1130) and nor was interior cleaning upto scratch. While the black dash areas had been wiped with a cleaning fluid, they had discoloured some of the beige areas. I wiped them clean later.

Total cost was Rs. 750 with Rs. 550 being 3.75lt of engine oil and the balance oil filter, fuel filter and a sealing ring (Rs. 12).

They confessed that their workload are coming down a lot with Vijai opening and that they should be able to offer better service by April-mid!
itwasntme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 16:40   #134

I am not really surprised !! this is what you could expect from them.
I gave my UVA for replacement of rear wndow glass 2 days back and i was told that they do not keep slow moving items stock ??? they have to get it from Chennai... they premised me to deliver it today... i am not confident... General Motors must do some thing to get back their brand equity else soon it will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAst 'n furious View Post
I got my Aveo tyre(tubeless) flat. I called up Vijai service as i was working near by whitefield, They told me they dont have the Puncture lit for tubelss tyre, It was a great SURPRISE for me !!!! :(

May be the person with whom i spoke might not be cognizant enough on the things, So i called up again after 15 min and spoke to another person (different voice) he also said the same.... this is really hard to believe what do they mean by they dont have the puncture kit!! Is that a rare item to be kept in a service garage!!!!
shocks!!!

SR
Old 11th April 2008, 21:00   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAst 'n furious View Post

shocks!!!

SR
Even the small roadside puncture shop in OMR near beninganahalli has board that says "Pucnture for Tubeless tyres are done here". I guess he does it too.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote