Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 1st November 2007, 17:02   #1
BHPian

Question Is this deal OK ? - Buying a WagonR in Bangalore

Hi all,
I plan to purchase WagonR Lxi (Silky Silver) during Diwali this year.As today was a holiday for most of the showrooms however i was able to speak to Mandovi and Pratham only in Bangalore.

I called up Mandovi Levelle Rd for the current offers and the best deal and he quoted regular accessories mud flaps,floor mats,God idol, perfume and on insisting to provide me better accessories he agreed on sunfilm(some unknown brand!!!) ,MGA car cover.As i also plan to go for finance option, he has quoted me of 10.5% interest on 5 yr term. Thats it!

My second call was to Pratham Motors, Bellandur. The sales guy quoted the same regular accessories and also agreed to provide me MGA car cover, Keyless entry system, Llumar or 3M sun film (which ever i choose!) and when i insisted to provide me a gear lock he said they don't have any gear locks, it has to be an aftermarket purchase. He said to provide me as much more as possible. The sales guy name is Godwin.

Now my query is what ever he said is reliable and is their anything that i should look/ask for? Please provide your valuable comments. Thanks.
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 17:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

When U call, it doesn't seem like a serious customer to the sales execs.
Visit the showroom and tell him U'll pay him ,then and there.
Since its the last week of the month now, U should be able to get a LOT more.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 17:15   #3
BHPian

yup nitrous, i did tell him i can finalize the deal by Sunday. As i'm expecting a good cash discount during Diwali season that is from Nov 2. So he said he is going to get back to me for the Diwali offers which starts from tomorrow.
Old 3rd November 2007, 20:46   #4
BHPian

Default Hurray booked WagonR Lxi!!!

HI all,
Atlast....yes i've now booked the New WagonR Lxi Silky Silver and Thanks for all the support i got from this forum.

I will be getting the car delivered to me on Friday which is supposed to be Laxmi Pooja festival day and very auspicious.

I had bargained hard with almost all dealers in Bangalore and found Kalyani Motors Mysore Rd to be providing me with the best offer. I'm getting 25K cash discount and MGA body cover+ gear lock(Minda) for free along with the usual mats and mud guards,idol and perfume.

Now, i'm just waiting for my baby to be delivered to me. Come soon Friday!

Ramki.

Last edited by ramki067 : 3rd November 2007 at 21:04.
Old 3rd November 2007, 21:10   #5
BHPian

Congracts ramki, make sure you go thru the PDI thread before you take delivery of the car.
toiingg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 21:16   #6
BHPian

Congrats Ramki, I think u've got a very good deal. 25K + freebies is much more than they're offering on the Wagon R here in Kol. Did you finance the deal from the dealer? as in, does the amount include the cash discount on finance?
Wimwian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 21:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

Ramki, Maruti provides you with a pooja kit, and the idol is likely a part of that. Dunno about the perfume though. The mudflaps and floor mats are again, part of standard dealer provided accessories. 25K discount is normal, available in all Maruti showrooms. So what extra did you get?

Oh!!! I am soooooo sorry to spoil your thrill, but the fact is, most dealers keep quiet about the maruti discount and keep on providing more and more freebies as the customer demands and then reduce the amount of discount (25k).

IMO, since you got the gear lock, here is what you should get, preferably from some other dealer -

1. sun film 1.2 K for garware (will start from Rs. 750 and go up, up and away)

2. a good horn. Look for something in 500 to 750 range. The standard wagonR has very bad horns.

3. a cig lighter, particularly if you want to charge your cell batteries. (Am I missing something?? I do not have a cig lighter in my wagonR).

Of course, the list is endless; but the above are absolute necessicities for a wagonR.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 21:51   #8
BHPian

Hmmmm, now am confused.

Aren't these things like mats and other small accessories least expected to be provided free of cost?

I am going for Palio Stil 1.6 Sports, they are offering me a 25k cash discount. Doesnt this mean that they are going to give me accessories along with a 25k off?

Do i need to cross check?
guyonblackybx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 14:23   #9
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I got a Gear lock(Minda,MGA accesory) which i now confirmed from the dealer is a pin type Gearlock. The body cover is also an MGA product.

I went through with Citi Finance from the dealership itself as it required less documents. I got a deal of 11.57% interest rate(85K paid upfront) which comes around Rs.6720/- per month for a loan period of 5 years. Advance EMI included.

I visited the stockyard today and here are my baby pics in the stockyard. I also took pics of the chassis number for cross checking it when i take delivery. I've taken pics of the tyre also, can anyone suggest how old is this machine from the tyre number?Thanks everyone.

Thanks,
Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 4th November 2007 at 14:25.
Old 4th November 2007, 22:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
Aren't these things like mats and other small accessories least expected to be provided free of cost?

I am going for Palio Stil 1.6 Sports, they are offering me a 25k cash discount. Doesnt this mean that they are going to give me accessories along with a 25k off?

Do i need to cross check?

The dealers give about 150 to 500 Rs. worth freebies. That will be mats, flaps, perfume and occassionally, a steering cover or a carton of tissue. Cost of this is usually built in into the dealer margins. The cash discount comes from the manufacturer, and is usually standard all over India. You are lucky to get anything extra free of cost from the dealer - sunfilm, seat covers, etc.
Old 4th November 2007, 22:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
can anyone suggest how old is this machine from the tyre number?Thanks everyone.
The tyre numbers are is usually written in the owner's manual - a rubber stamp on the back side of the "Foreword" page in my case. The tyres themselves carry the date of manufacture.
Old 4th November 2007, 22:26   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase.
Quote:
I got a Gear lock(Minda,MGA accesory) which i now confirmed from the dealer is a pin type Gearlock.
What's the price? I also have a WagonR. Thats why!
Quote:
I've taken pics of the tyre also, can anyone suggest how old is this machine from the tyre number?Thanks everyone.
IMHO, Tyres dont exactly show the age of the car. (You can know the age of the tyre, but they are not fitted on to the car when they are made)

Anyways- Tyres belong to mid-2007.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th November 2007 at 22:28.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 09:35   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats on the purchase.

What's the price? I also have a WagonR. Thats why!

Price for the gear lock is Rs.995/- (without tax) at the dealership.

I want to put good mats in place of the regular mats given by dealer. Please suggest where do i get good mats in Bangalore and i'm also interested in Window Visor. Please suggest a place for this also in Bangalore and from which brand?

As i said above i got a Finance from Citibank with 11.57% interest rate for a loan amount of Rs.301280/- for 5 years period. When i use online Emi calculators it gave me an EMI of Rs.6637/- ,when clarified with the Citi agent he said they use something called IRR to calculate the interest rate and it gave an EMI of Rs.6720/-. Can anybody explain this whether he is correct or am i being taken for a ride?

Thanks,
Ramki.

Last edited by ramki067 : 5th November 2007 at 09:44.
Old 5th November 2007, 13:56   #14
BHPian

Please reply me guys....
Old 5th November 2007, 14:35   #15
BHPian

Congrats Ramki... let me know from which dealer did you buy the Gear Lock and also the Car...I guess Pratham / Bimal and Sagar offer better discounts then Mandovi
Hurrycane12 is offline   Reply With Quote