Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 12th December 2007, 21:00   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash1980 View Post
Hi All,

I booked RED Swift on Friday. Zeroed in to Sagar auto, bannerghatta road, didnt get a great deal, but a ok one. Infact after I was done with the booking all the other dealers started calling me and talked about a better deal (which they were not aggreeing for before)

+ nippon central locking (5.5k extra, havent decided on it yet but maruti says the electric warranty would be void if you get autocop)
Good learning is: we should tell few dealers that you HAVE booked the car with other dealer (before you actually book), they'll come down - then, you should get good deal - bit risky though.

Don't you have central lock as standard one? Have you ordered VXi?
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 21:14   #17
BHPian

I got Autocop fitted from the dealer. No such thing as warrenty will be void..i asked him explicitly abt that.

Regards,
amohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 11:48   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Good learning is: we should tell few dealers that you HAVE booked the car with other dealer (before you actually book), they'll come down - then, you should get good deal - bit risky though.

Don't you have central lock as standard one? Have you ordered VXi?
Yeah, i tried that before... a few dealers stopped calling me later. So started all over with other ones and got this one. But, this time got the calls back though :(
nash1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 11:50   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
I got Autocop fitted from the dealer. No such thing as warrenty will be void..i asked him explicitly abt that.

Regards,
Yeah might be! The sales person told for Swift VXI Maruti only recommends Nippon and any other would void the warrenty on electricals.
Will check out from others.
Thanks for the info!
Old 16th December 2007, 17:33   #20

Default Got the Red VXI in the showroom

Hi All,

The Red VXI i ordered has arrived the Sagar Showroom. I went there yesterday and had a look at it (took some snaps also). Just waiting for the banks (sbi) call. The loan got approved, only the final thing is remaining from their end...and then cheers: hehe.
I got the car so early as my bro in law found some relative working in sagar and rest is not difficult to guess. However, i havent got a good deal in terms of accessories :( but still is fine that i didnt had to wait for a month long time which is generally the case for Swift petrol.

Well, i would like to thank all the team bhp members and the blog with the help of which i got some knowledge in the 'Car' field which was NULL before(my first car).

But, still a long way to go and i have to get a lot of things done in my Red BULL and would need more help from this forum.
I am reading many threads regarding security systems, ICE, basic accessory, Pre Delivery checks.....

Hope to get the RED BULL soon.
Old 19th December 2007, 23:51   #21

Nash,

Congrat on your new Red Bull. I also booked my 1st car a Wagon-R Vxi, and just started venturing in this area for about a week. I am lucky as I decided for Wagon-R.. Total cash Discount I got was 33000 including all, Finance I opted from HDFC in 1 advance EMI, loan approved in 24 hours. For a tenure of 3 yrs EMI comes 3200 per lac..which is much better than SBI (3286 per lacs)

Just a point, registering in 2008 won't improve your resale as the car when despatched from maruti Gurgaon gets it's engine and chasis no marked with the year and the year ONLY depends on day of despatch. You might be knowing Maruti would shutdown all it's plant for annual mtc from 23rd to 31st. So all the cars mfd till Dec 22nd would be ready at shop and based on dealer's requision would be despatched accordingly. So it might happen, 2 cars of same mfg batch would get 2 diff year of mfg based on their despatch date(2007 and 2008). This is called stamping of year which depends on despatch date of the car from factory. Maruti true value would check that only to decide resale.

So in my opinion it's risky to get a car in begining of jan, as all the dealers are pulling cars as many as possible to get the profit out of it (bcoz of price hike in jan08) and those are ofcourse 2007 make. End Jan/Feb is better month to ensure your car is really a 2008 make.
kshil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 16:01   #22

@Kshil,

I do agree with your point.
However, I got my RED bull delivered on 20th Dec. I am all excited...driving in bangalore traffic is difficult though...i am enjoying every bit of it :-)

Regarding the loan, no one can beat SBI for the interest rates (except the fact that they take a long time for loan processing) , also there is no preclosure penalty after half the tenure.
Old 29th December 2007, 12:40   #23
BHPian

Since Garuda is new Maruti dealer started offering good discounts. Future Bangalore buyers can consider them as well. I am getting ~ 20K benefits on SX4 ZXi Beige Color (2007 Car and planned to register 1st week of 2008).
yousivakutti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 20:34   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousivakutti View Post
Since Garuda is new Maruti dealer started offering good discounts. Future Bangalore buyers can consider them as well. I am getting ~ 20K benefits on SX4 ZXi Beige Color (2007 Car and planned to register 1st week of 2008).
I guess the discount is huge considering other dealers because its a 2007 model ?
Sreenivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 14:15   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreenivas View Post
I guess the discount is huge considering other dealers because its a 2007 model ?
Not sure about SX4 but I know corporate discount for SX4 is 12K, so is 20K too high a discount for SX4? Ofcourse 2007 make would make difference.
kshil is offline   Reply With Quote