Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 6th December 2007, 19:39   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
But I want a FIAT.
I think you booked the 1.1 Stile right? Any particular reasons? Why not the 1.6?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th December 2007 at 19:42.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 19:41   #17
BANNED

Default Oops!

Quote:
But I want a FIAT.
Sorry!

In that case, you've got to find a better dealer it seems. But is there one? (That can be called better)

I'm just hoping FiAT gets itself sorted out by the time they launch Punto here.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 19:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I think you booked the 1.1 Stile right? Any particular reasons? Why not the 1.6?
75-80% city driving and the rest on Highways. Why do I need all that power, when I can do a maximum of 45-50 in Bangalore, except at around 3 AM?
PatchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 20:46   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
75-80% city driving and the rest on Highways. Why do I need all that power, when I can do a maximum of 45-50 in Bangalore, except at around 3 AM?
Mind posting your impressions on the car after TD? (if you haven't already posted somewhere)
Old 6th December 2007, 20:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

WHy dont you call Mangesh Kodalkar @ +91 2138 672764. THough he deals with A.S.S he might be able to guide you to the right person. We really need to do such things if we love FIAT. The guys at the top need to really know whats happening on the ground.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 21:47   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Does power mean only Topspeeds? :
It also stands for easy driving, comfort, smooth pickup etc... Aint it?
Old 6th December 2007, 22:05   #22
BANNED

What made you zero in on the 1.1? What were other vehicles you were looking at? And guys, just curious, how fast can one take the 1.1 upto, without stressing the engine? I know it delivers 57 PS of power, but still..am curious!
luvjascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 09:59   #23
BHPian

Guys,

Thanks for all the advise. Vinay has promised to call me today and give me an exact update. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
What made you zero in on the 1.1? What were other vehicles you were looking at? And guys, just curious, how fast can one take the 1.1 upto, without stressing the engine? I know it delivers 57 PS of power, but still..am curious!
My first car was a M800 in 1998 - second hand. Sold it only after 6 months as I was leaving the country. Then in Australia, I bought a Mitsu Colt - paid just AU$500 - to get a hang of driving in Australia. It was 1.6 Auto and performed quite well.

3 Months later, sold it (for AU$700 ) and bought a BMW 323i - second hand. Had that car for 5 years-no problems or issues-great car. That is when I fell in love with European cars.

Back in India-Bangalore, I had lost the nerve to drive in our traffic conditions. Then a friend wanted me to take care of his S10 for 3 months - he was going to the US. Double benefit - regained confidence on Indian traffic conditions and fell in love totally for FIAT. Regarding topspeed of 1.1- the spec says 137 km, people on forums claim 150. I am most comfortable doing 100-110. (The fastest ever was on the beemer - 120kmph). See my signature!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Does power mean only Topspeeds? :
It also stands for easy driving, comfort, smooth pickup etc... Aint it?
I agree with you. If the choice was between 1.6 and 800, I would surely have gone for the 1.6. After driving the S10, I felt the 1.1 was adequate for my usage. On the TD I had 5 people in the car, including me, and never once felt a lack of power.

Quote:
Mind posting your impressions on the car after TD? (if you haven't already posted somewhere)
I will post the impressions after I get the car. I was planning on posting a TD/Buying experience.

Here is what made me decide in favour of the SLX:

All goodies the same as the Sport. Actually, the SLX comes with engine immobliser, but the Sport doesn't. Here is the math I did:

I plan on having the car for 5 years.

Average driving - 50 kms a day in city, 5 days a week = 65000 km
Highway and weekend driving 500 km a month average = 30000 km

FE for 1.1 13 kmpl and for 1.6 11 kmpl average

Total extra fuel expenses - petrol @Rs.50 per lt = Rs.65000 approx.

Higher initial cost of ownership - Rs. 15000 (I am getting Alloys for the SLX)

Average returns for Rs.80000 in 5 years = Rs.10000.

Maintenance costs assumed to be equal for both.

So, it did not make sense to spend this exra money, for the extra power, which I may not use and may not need.

Humans, another TBHPian, has posted a 8000km long term ownership report on the forum. That was a major deciding factor as well.

I know that some of the team will not agree to this logic, but then this is how I went about deciding.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 7th December 2007, 12:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I know that some of the team will not agree to this logic, but then this is how I went about deciding.

Cheers,
Rajan
Good math. This almost reflects the one I did, before deciding on 1.1 SLX. I bought from Prerana Motors, Outer Ring Road and there were absolutely no hassles- either during TD or during delivery. Every thing was very smooth. Driving experience so far also, has been good. May be such occssions are rare!
ankura12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 17:35   #25
BHPian

Default Status Update

Guys,

I called Vinay Deshpande in FIAT today morning. He told me that he does not handle sales any longer as TATA handles it now and gave me the phone number of Rahul Jadav, the TATA guy who takes care of sales and deliveries for South India.

So I called Rahul, who promised to look into the matter and get back to me in the evening. I just got a call from Vinay in Manipal Motors saying that my order has been placed with FIAT today and I can expect to get my car by the 20th, at the latest.

Lets see what happens next.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 7th December 2007, 18:10   #26
BANNED

Wish you all the good lucks!
We'll wait to see your car here. Take some good pics of the beauty.
Old 7th December 2007, 21:12   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't matter whether we agree or not, as long as you are happy and satisfied.

So, you have some days before the car is delivered. Planning to have any accessories?
Old 7th December 2007, 21:29   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't matter whether we agree or not, as long as you are happy and satisfied.

So, you have some days before the car is delivered. Planning to have any accessories?
Thanks.

Rahul Jadav called me and confirmed that he will ensure delivery of the car by 20th December at the latest.

I am planning on Aura EO1455 alloys, Michelin XM1+ 185/65 R14 shoes and ofcourse ICE. For the ICE I am planning on Pioneer 6950/7950, with JBL components in the front and JBL coaxials in the back.

If I am left with any surplus, I might look at Art leather upholstery.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 10th December 2007, 19:12   #29
BHPian

Guys,

Vinay called me today and confirmed that my car has left the factory and is on its way to Bangalore. He also gave me the Engine number and Chassis Number.

Now the wait is getting painful..

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 10th December 2007, 23:05   #30
BHPian

That's great news patchyboy, BTW, what color is the car? or did I miss that?
Vinaygv is offline   Reply With Quote