Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 14th December 2007, 10:01   #1

Default Apex Auto Gurgaon

Hi,
I am from Gurgaon and am planning to buy a Chevy next year. Does anyone have any personal experience with the Chevy dealer, Apex Auto, in Gurgaon?

I read somewhere that due to the no. of BPOs in Gurgaon, the service centre attends to the BPO cabs as a priority over the private cars. Can someone corroborate that?

Any other advice or suggestion about this dealer would be of great help.
Thanks.
shubhox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 17:26   #2
BHPian

I have an equally sad expereince with Apex the whole service station is run over by Taxi Drivers in Tavera's and no body to attend to you .Sadly if you stay in Gurgaon there is no other choice as otherwise you will have to go to Delhi for servicing my suggestion is to stay away untill you can plan to take your car to Delhi for servicing or any niggling problem .
amit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 11:17   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit27 View Post
I have an equally sad expereince with Apex the whole service station is run over by Taxi Drivers in Tavera's and no body to attend to you .Sadly if you stay in Gurgaon there is no other choice as otherwise you will have to ......
Thanks, but how was the buying experience from them? Do they give enough discounts, and serve you well?
Old 17th December 2007, 18:08   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhox View Post
Thanks, but how was the buying experience from them? Do they give enough discounts, and serve you well?

I purchased Chevrolet Tavera from them when I was in Gurgaon. They wont give you any discounts, but yes, I was always satisfied by there service.
They keep a check for your next service and keep calling you to book for service regularly.
I would have opted for the new model of chevy again..but then the safari 2.2 happened...and I am going for it as soon as I am back to India.

cant wait anymore...

Avi
Avin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 20:22   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhox View Post
Hi,
I am from Gurgaon and am planning to buy a Chevy next year. Does anyone have any personal experience with the Chevy dealer, Apex Auto, in Gurgaon?

I read somewhere that due to the no. of BPOs in Gurgaon, the service centre attends to the BPO cabs as a priority over the private cars. Can someone corroborate that?

Any other advice or suggestion about this dealer would be of great help.
Thanks.
A new Chevy dealership is coming up in Dwarka. That might be an option if its near enough to your place.
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 14:47   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
A new Chevy dealership is coming up in Dwarka. That might be an option if its near enough to your place.
Thanks, yes competition always helps, and Dwarka is not very far.
Any idea by when they will open their doors?
Old 18th December 2007, 14:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avin View Post
I purchased Chevrolet Tavera from them when I was in Gurgaon. They wont give you any discounts, but yes, I was always satisfied by there service.
They keep a check for your next service and keep calling you to book for service regularly.
I would have opted for the new model of chevy again..but then the safari 2.2 happened...and I am going for it as soon as I am back to India.

cant wait anymore...

Avi
I was in touch with Apex in 2/07 for buying an Aveo/Optra. Discounts: as much as you haggle (generic GM problem). Callback: Good with frequent calls and haggling. TD: given but unlike Toyota/Honda had to go to the showroom. Service: Not relevant since finally did not buy a GM product (already own 1 and do not want a repeat dose).
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 16:12   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
I was in touch with Apex in 2/07 for buying an Aveo/Optra. Discounts: as much as you haggle (generic GM problem). Callback: Good with frequent calls and haggling. TD: given but unlike Toyota/Honda had to go to the showroom. Service: Not relevant since finally did not buy a GM product (already own 1 and do not want a repeat dose).
I am curious to understand what you mean by "do not want a repeat dose". I am aware of the various problems from GM, but for me , the sheer designs of Aveo and Aveo UVA overcome their flaws.
Old 19th December 2007, 11:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

`Do not want a repeat dose' means inconsistent quality of service, problems starting soon enough, good chances of the malfunctioning part not being available, low FE, cars getting phased out, GM cars' final customer prices declining by the hour (buy a car for 5 lakhs today and it may be available at 4.5 lakhs after 3 months), average painting/denting quality, problems increasing with time, low resale (because of cars being phased out).

Of course, Aveo is well designed and looks good. But then Lamborghini is also well designed but is a white elephant for most. The difference between GM and Lamborgini is that Lamborghini is an `expensive car and a white elephant' but GM cars are `cheap white elephants'. A Lamborghini owner may be able to afford expensive cars, but a GM car owner may not be able.
Old 19th December 2007, 14:43   #10

Quote:
`Do not want a repeat dose' means inconsistent quality of service, problems starting soon enough, good chances of the malfunctioning part not being available, low FE, cars getting phased out, GM cars' final customer prices declining by the hour (buy a car for 5 lakhs today and it may be available at 4.5 lakhs after 3 months), average painting/denting quality, problems increasing with time, low resale (because of cars being phased out).
Well well, you seem ready to give a dose back to GM.
Yes I know of these problems, but i truly believe that these things happen only for a handful of GM cars and not all of them. And if i am lucky enough, I hope I wont be in that handful.
For the other alternatives in its category/type, I don't want to go for an SX4 for some unfathomable reason, and Fiesta has its own reputation for bad servicing and rising costs. Cars after this category are beyond my range, and I can only think of Swift and Aveo UVA for cars before this category.
I am only waiting for the new cars to be launched in the first quarter of 2008 before I zero in on one.
Old 19th December 2007, 15:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Of course, being a old GM customer, I was willing to overlook my somewhat unsatisfactory experience (my previous cars were 800 and Zen which also had reasonable share of problems). In fact, in 2003, I also felt GM deserved a chance, and so I went for a Corsa. What happened next has been detailed. I TD an Aveo which I felt was quite decent, but again the gearbox was no better than a Corsa. Corsa's gearbox was still better when new but now my wife has been driving it and she has developed some muscles. Aveo is a decent choice if you are concerned only about looks (the best), but for that, are willing to overlook or live with problems.

Finally, `above normal' problems might happen with only a proportion of cars, but even that is trusting your fate, and is not acceptable to me anymore.
Old 19th December 2007, 15:20   #12
BHPian

My expereince with Corsa matches that of Vasudeva an I have taken my car to Hyderabad and Chandigarh also and service quality always varies between worse and very bad . Just to quote a recent example steering in my cosrsa developed some problem I took it to Apex and they tell me to bring it after 4 days as they are busy not looking at the emergency of the situation . If you are that lucky in life ' above average " go for Accord man why bother with these cars
amit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 17:03   #13
BHPian

Quote:
I TD an Aveo which I felt was quite decent, but again the gearbox was no better than a Corsa. Corsa's gearbox was still better when new but now my wife has been driving it and she has developed some muscles. Aveo is a decent choice if you are concerned only about looks (the best), but for that, are willing to overlook or live with problems.
GM has got rid of the gearbox problems in the Aveo. The Aveo's AC was also not up to the mark and they have rectified that lacuna as well in the car. The new Aveo has a slick gearshift. The Aveo's suspension was always one of the best in its class.

All I am saying is that I do agree with your views as far as the old Aveo is concerned but the new Aveo is one of the best buys in its segment, especially the 1.4 LS Limited Edition
samirsarkar is offline   Reply With Quote