Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 26th December 2007, 17:04   #16
Team-BHP Support

If the manufacturer cancels this guys dealership license(Like Tata did for a dealership for Ludhiana a few years back after getting quite a few customer complaints) it would make sense.
In this case this guy is still selling hyundai cars, and this makes hyundai partners in crime.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 17:21   #17
BHPian

Default Re : Shocking News about Popular Hyundai, Trivandrum

Here is the link to the news that appeared in Indian Express about this shocking incident.

An unpopular purchase - Newindpress.com&
carlover98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 19:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a totalled car was passed down.

I suspect the vehicle was first sold to somebody, and when it was being taken out by the dealership for registration (the dealers do the registration before actually delivering the vehicle to the customer) it met with this accident.

Else, it might have been a TD.

Anyway, shame on you, (im)popular!!!
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 19:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I suspect the vehicle was first sold to somebody, and when it was being taken out by the dealership for registration (the dealers do the registration before actually delivering the vehicle to the customer) it met with this accident
When the car goes for registration and incase it meets with a accident, the dealer can send the car back to the company and ask for a replacement vehicle. Cars are insured by the company.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 19:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

the customer had actually booked the vehicle with the competitor putting in 190000.there was a small difference in opinion about the value of the used car.they gave a cancellation to the customer.now its been discussed as a serious issue in tvm.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 20:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
the customer had actually booked the vehicle with the competitor putting in 190000.there was a small difference in opinion about the value of the used car.they gave a cancellation to the customer.now its been discussed as a serious issue in tvm.
ram
Ram, I should confess that I cannot make heads or tails of what you are saying. Mind elaborating?? In partlcular:-

1. What is this talk about advance and competitor?
2. Who is speaking about a used car? I think we are discussing the act of a dealer delivering a new vehicle to a guy saying that it is a brand new vehicle.
3. Who cancelled what?
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 20:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

the customer had booked the vehicle with hilton hyundai at tvm.they paid an adv of 190000.but he had an exchange vehicle.the price of that veh was not satisfactory.so they gave him a cancellation.the issue had been discussed in detail with hyundai.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 22:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
I agree with Steeroid.. more than Popular motors.. Sue the company as they have to make sure dealerships sell quality products and provide quality service.

i know for a fact that there is a clause in all automobile dealership agreements that "the dealer shall indemnify and protect the company against any claims from customers that might arise due to deficient product or services howsoever caused"

of course it does not mean that the company cannot be sued.
hollywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 22:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
When the car goes for registration and incase it meets with a accident, the dealer can send the car back to the company and ask for a replacement vehicle. Cars are insured by the company.
I have it from an authoritative source that manufacturers do not replace vehicles damaged in transit. How then would they replace a registered vehicle?

And ram can you please speak clearly? I understand you work for one of the Hyundai dealers - are you with Popular?

Last edited by Steeroid : 26th December 2007 at 22:25.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 22:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Who told u this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
And ram can you please speak clearly? I understand you work for one of the Hyundai dealers - are you with Popular?
I think he was working for Hyundai and now he's with Maruti.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 00:11   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Cancelling the dealership only makes the manufacturer look like a saint, when they are as much to blame.

Sue Hyundai.
Well, the dealer is the one who hired all those schumis to take the cars to the RTO in the first place, no?! To me, that is the weakest link in the chain. Are there any dealers who've done good on that count?

Spent xMas at Apra's yard in Gurgaon and came back all smiles. Their schumis are pretty well behaved, and even more so behind the wheels of sx4 (all sx4 in their yard i could see were ZXi for some reason!)
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 01:46   #27
BHPian

For those interested, there was a short segment about this on IndiaVision news on Sunday night/Monday morning, and AajTak will be covering the matter on Monday.
pillainp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 03:05   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
the customer had booked the vehicle with hilton hyundai at tvm.they paid an adv of 190000.but he had an exchange vehicle.the price of that veh was not satisfactory.so they gave him a cancellation.the issue had been discussed in detail with hyundai.
ram
I am confused.Is it brand new car or used car.Owner says he booked a new car.

Last edited by jerish666 : 27th December 2007 at 03:08.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 09:56   #29
BHPian

Hi,

Jerish, It was sold as a brand new car to my colleague. But my colleague found out that it was involved in a major accident couple of months, thanks to the accident repair document that was left unnoticed in the car.

What Ram is saying is correct. They had booked initially with Hilton Hyundai, Trivandrum, but that booking was cancelled due to a difference of opinion in the price of their old car which was supposed to be given as exchange.

Hope I have made things clear.
carlover98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 11:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

car lover- thanks for posting the link to the article. it reports that the doctor ( an acquaitance of urs ) has reported that the dealer has agreed to give him a new vehicle..is that correct ? could you confirm that

at this point, i would like to ask a question - give india's complicated and timeconsuming legal system ( as we saw from another popular thread from shivsuma ) - is it worthwhile going legally or accepting an out of court settlement given the fact that dealer is giving a new vehicle ?

the fact howerver remains that the dealer has failed to check the car before giving it to the owner and it could have happened that they might have even removed the papers if they had checked...

only thing going for Popular is that as far as i know ( from my limited experience of owning a esteem in cochin for a year ) they are a trusted name in Kerala...
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote