Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 6th January 2005, 16:43   #1
BHPian

Angry Ichibaan at it again :(

I came across this great forum only this year, otherwise ...

My brother-in-law booked a NHC from them on 23 Oct by paying a booking amt of 50k. We were told that the delivery would take around 3 months. But we were pleasantly surprised when within a month Ichibaan called up and said that the vehicle will be ready in a couple of days and the balance amt be paid. My b-i-l paid the balance amount and was expecting to take delivery shortly. But Ichibaan proonged and prolonged and took another whole month to finally deliver the car. (They confessed saying they made a mistake, et al and said will take action against the person who did the mistake, etc). My b-i-l just chose to forget the whole incident as he did not want to spoil the pleasure of a new car coming into the family.

HK
Minardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2005, 17:04   #2
Team-BHP Support

QUOTE]
Quote:
My b-i-l paid the balance amount and was expecting to take delivery shortly.
They didn't mention the delivery date while taking the balance amount??

This is by design only...Great!! God knows how many people are going through this kinda s**t.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2005, 17:45   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Shame on Ichibaan. Autocar India had reported on a similar story a while ago where a customer was promised a colour by Ichibaan. The problem? It was already discontinued and Ichibaan was well aware.

Ichibaan is known to sell one customers brand new car to another....for that extra couple of grand in premium.

My choice is Linkway. Anyday!

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2005, 17:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

Angry

Again!! This is not good!! This is then nth complaint i have heard about Ichibaan!
shravan316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2005, 18:32   #5
BHPian

i do agree with everybody with regards to ichibaan, they think too grt of themselves while there is nothing grt abt them. the basic problem with them is though they earn so much but they dont want to pay their employees as much as they deserve and in turn expect their employees to tell the customers nothing but lies to hide their negative points. so u wont expect all harishchandras in ichibaan atleast. thank go i dint go to them for the interview they had called me for or i would have become a bundle of lie myself.
shubbhi
manaa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2005, 19:30   #6
BHPian

wts up with this ichibaan man we considering to buy a new city i better warn my dad bout this,ill ask him to book it at linkway!
koolsun216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2005, 19:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

ok guys ..
while i do hate ichibaan ive been getting good service from them ...
but when i went to check out the NHC they told me 15inch alloys+goodyear eagle F1s were coming to a total of 60k whereas outside i was getting them for 27500 for the whole set ..
can anyone get the pricelist from linkway too and put it up ...
is there any linkway near worli where i can send my car ...
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2005, 21:40   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
QUOTE]

They didn't mention the delivery date while taking the balance amount??

This is by design only...Great!! God knows how many people are going through this kinda s**t.
They said something like 'your car has come/is coming anytime' and 'pls pay the remaining amount'. They said we'll get it in 3 days time. We thought they are waiting for the cheque to clear. Then they said it has just left Gurgaon and will come shortly. After some days they said it has reached Panvel and is expected any moment, etc.

I don't know how well the car salesmen are paid, but this fellow claimed that he was staying at Phoenix towers in Lower Parel (A pretty posh apt). May be he is the owner's son/relative.

I think the problem is that as a result of our blind trust in hondas and toyotas, we don't even imagine that people here can be that manipulative.

Recently when I visited Anuroop (Fiat dealer) he said that they make customers check the cars (they have bought) before they are sent for registration. Now something like this is really news to me. When we bought the Esteem from Sai Service in 1995 or the Matiz from Fortune in 2000 or now this NHC these dealers have never suggested this idea.

Sai Service is another chor. Once during one of the normal routine service of our Esteem, they stole the buckle (female) of the seat belt from the passenger seat. When I realised it after a week, and visited them, they said it was not available and were willing to put one (by taking it out from somebody elses car!).

My dealing with Fortune motors was good, except that within a week of taking home the Matiz, I got a shock when I read in the newspaper that they had switched royalties to Tata.

I think, here at team-bhp, we should develop a dossier of all dealers in the country.
Minardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2005, 21:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

from what I've heard, Linkway Honda is way better than Ichibaan although Ichibaan showrooms look better and well maintained. The services of Linkway Honda are very nice and they take good care of your car. Of course like every other dealer, there may be an exception or two.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2005, 04:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Maybe we should put up a lin somewhere to Mouthshut.com. there they have reviews by consumers on most dealers in all big cities. Some of the stories are really heart-wrecking. But this will give a chance for potential buyers to learn from oother people's mistakes.
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote