Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 8th January 2008, 21:40   #1
BHPian

Default Indus motors chennai - Unethical behaviour

I contacted Indus motors chennai to book a swift Vdi / abs. The sales guy told me that a sunlight copper vdi / abs was available immediately but only if I bought 50000 rupees worth of accessories!!!!!!!!!

Is this normal behaviour?
rrnsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 22:26   #2
BHPian

Definately not! I think they are trying to make the most of Swift D unavailability.

Try making a complaint to Maruti, they may be able to help out. People seem to have their problems addresed by Maruti when contacted.
thangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 22:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

rrnsss, it would be better if you could elaborate the situation. Did you demand an immediate delivery ? Why did they propose such a demand which is totally un-maruti like ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 22:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
Is this normal behaviour?

Any normal and sane seller having a scarce commodity in stock will use this tactic; so this IS normal behaviour.

If your question was whether this is ethical behaviour, no, it is not ethical.

And this has been discussed elsewhere.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 22:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Why did they propose such a demand which is totally un-maruti like ?
Collecting a premium in a different way, maybe. Do the swift diesels still having a long waiting period, to command a premium?
pugram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 22:33   #6
BHPian

No did not demand an immediate delivery. I asked them if they could see if they had any cars that were booked but not taken delivery by customers or any 07 models in the yard.

They came back immediately and said they have a copper coloured one ( which they said belonged to an other customer ) and I could have it if I bought 50 K worth of accessories.

Indus is a fairly new dealership and it is shocking to see this kind of a behaviour. I wonder if Maruti suzuki condones this kind of behaviour
Old 8th January 2008, 22:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

Speak to the GM Sales about this kinda behavior. That should probably settle things. If it doesnt work tell them you will send an email to MUL and in the interim call the "Anytime Maruti" helpline and log a complaint. It will be dealt with immediately.

Once you are satisfied that the issue has been sorted out and end up taking delivery of the car, ensure you get it serivced and attended to elsewhere.

BTW, i love that color. Unique color and very catchy.

Edit: If you do intend to spend 50k on accessories, do read thru the forum and invest suitably. Not worth buying them from dealers as the profit margin is very high on accessories.

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th January 2008 at 22:56.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 22:40   #8
BHPian

It is definitely unethical behaviour but quite common. In Punjab, dealers were charging a 15,000/- cash premium on the LDI a few months back (don't know the situation now). On a car with such a waiting period, it can't be helped. Reminds me of when the Uno was launched

Two things you should keep in mind:
1. It's probably a 2007 manufactured car. Also, it might well be a test drive vehicle as these seem to come with ABS
2. There is a thread elsewhere on the forum about a rumoured facelift to the Swift expected later this week. Even if you are keen on picking up this particular piece, suggest you wait till the 10th to see if they launch in the Auto Expo before finalising anything
jaibir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 22:44   #9
BHPian

complain about this at their email address...
contact@maruti.co.in

do you have something in writing from dealer???specifying your claim ..

otherwise it will be difficult for you to take this case forward.
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 22:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
No did not demand an immediate delivery. I asked them if they could see if they had any cars that were booked but not taken delivery by customers or any 07 models in the yard.

They came back immediately and said they have a copper coloured one ( which they said belonged to an other customer ) and I could have it if I bought 50 K worth of accessories.

Indus is a fairly new dealership and it is shocking to see this kind of a behaviour. I wonder if Maruti suzuki condones this kind of behaviour
Indus is a new dealership in chennai but they are maruti dealers for a long time elsewhere. If they really made this out as a condition, juts go ahead & book that car if you are satisfied with the colour etc & refuse to take any accessories. Let MUL hear your troubles
Old 8th January 2008, 22:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Considering most dealers dont take DDiS bookings with ABS, they are just playing dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
Collecting a premium in a different way, maybe. Do
the swift diesels still having a long waiting period, to command a premium?
Some places hardly ever had a waiting period to begin with. Its mostly Bangalore/Bombay that had long waiting periods. Now the supply is pretty constant especially LDi.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 23:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

swift D did (read : DID) have a long waiting period but not now. it is now somewhere between 2~3 weeks as against 2~3+ months earlier.

this 50k acc is rubbish. what u tell him, rrnsss, is that you will pick the vehicle only if you get 50k discount! two can play at this game.

but why go for a 2007 model vehicle now? and that too when a face lift is on the way? dis-regard this offer, and u stand to gain.

Last edited by GTO : 17th May 2011 at 13:05. Reason: Replacing with "rubbish". No inappropriate words on Team-BHP please
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 23:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Isn't there a dealer named RNS Motors somewhere in bangalore ? There is a distinct similarity to this rrnsss, isn't there ?
Old 8th January 2008, 23:33   #14
BHPian

Off topic : This was for an other vehicle for my family . I have already booked the getz diesel and it was a smooth experience with the Hyundai company showroom at EEkatuthangal.

It is rather sad that these people ( Indus ) are taking their customers for a ride. These blood suckers are cashing in on the popularity of the Diesel Swift

I would assume that Maruti Suzuki would not take too kindly to this kind of behaviour

Ram
Old 8th January 2008, 23:38   #15
BHPian

BTW Esteem lover, I have nothing to do with RNS motors. rrnsss is the first mainframe logon id I had in 1995 . So I kind of used it to generate my mail ids and kind of stuck to that as I never get "nickname already in use" when I use rrnsss.

Ram