Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 22nd January 2008, 18:25   #1
Default Car Dealer Stickers

Why do the car dealers put those horrendous stickers with their dealership names on cars before delivery and every time you send it for service. Publicity be damned, it ruins the look of the car all together.

The Hyundai dealers take the cake for their pathetic sense of aesthetics w.r.t the stickers they dump on the car rear windscreens.

Why should we allow these dealers to put their stickers on the cars we pay for ? Do they give us additional discounts for this ?

To add to it the stupid stickers dont come off easily, if not removed immediately,and need to scraped off, scratching the glass/ paint.

The dealers deserve a resounding for this.

I would be surprised if someone tells me that the Manufacturer actually support this.
smsrini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:25   #2

Simple, if you see that they have pasted a sticker after servicing the car, make them remove it.

Works for me. Always.
toiingg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Once i asked the dealer to pay me Rs.10000 for the free campaigning...
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:54   #4
Team-BHP Support

just instruct them NOT to do this when giving for service.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:54   #5

i make the service advisor write on the job card not to fix stickers.

if they still fix it i ask them to remove it.
ad75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 20:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yes, some stickers are too painful to remove, like the one by 'MANIPAL MOTORS' in B'lore.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 20:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

For years, I've been specifically instructing dealers at the time of buying a new car or getting my cars service that I do NOT want ANY stickers on my car and they usually follow that. If not, then I make them remove it then & there, they never complain.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 20:12   #8

No dealer stickers on my car either. And I make sure that they don't put any up when she goes for a service.

OT : If there is one dealer for whom the stickers worked out really well, its Vitesse. In the early nineties, every second Maruti on Mumbai roads had the terribly effective in-your-face sticker that read "If it's a Maruti.....it must be Vitesse".
GTO - Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 20:14   #9

Few days back, I went to tyre shop to inquire about new tyres and alloys. Few days after this, when I was standing in my balcony, I saw a big yellow color sticker at the back side glass. I thought what the heck is this and finally came down to see it and found that this sticker was of that tyre shop. So not only dealers but most of the after market shops also do it.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 20:38   #10
Team-BHP Support

I simply hate such stickers. Get them removed as & when I spot them. Once My Car dealer fixed SX4's big banner on my rear windshield, called them up & ask them to come back(the car was home delivered after service) to remove the banner & he did that
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 23:29   #11

During the delivery of my new car, Inspite of instructing the dealer not to put his stickers, They put it. When encountered the guy says
" saar its only in the back".
me: "Then its only 10k per month I take six months in advance"
dealer guy: he he he
I parked the car right in the middle of the driveway, refused to remove the car till I was paid or the sticker removed completely without any trace.
They chose the latter.

During service I requested them not to stick anything & they complied.
eclectix 1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:25   #12

It happened to me at 1st service when I was taking delivery of car I saw sticker of gautam motors. After complaining they removed it immediately. I was not their during 2nd service so after week when I saw the sticker I had to remove it my self.
austere_sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:32   #13

I always instruct the dealership guys that i do not advertise for their dealership and i make them remove the stickers which they have pasted and i did this two times, after which they never paste anything on my car. The Advaith guys have a sentence pasted on all cars " we care for you always......." . I have also seen some idiotic stickers like "My next car will be a Getz" etc
Hemanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:37   #14
Senior - BHPian

I had asked the dealer to ensure there is no sticker on the body work, so he promptly went and put it up on the rear glass. I asked him to remove it and next time he sticks it up on the number plate !!

Then I instructed him "No Stickers" anywhere and they have complied since then.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

my car has the 'Under ABT Care' for as long as i can remember. it is pretty indistinct on the lower half of the rear bumper & it doesn't bother me much. MSM has a really stupid sticker which they put on the glass.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote