Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 6th February 2008, 17:14   #1
BANNED

Default About Kalyani Motors Mysore Rd Bangalore ?

I would like to know if anybody has any feedback/experience with Kalyani Motors Mysore Rd Bangalore . Hows their overal service etc ?How are they compared to Mandovi Lavelle Rd ?Thanks,Reventon
Revention is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 20:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have visited both of them & I feel Mandovi scores better over Kalyani. The later is a new dealer andhehas to learn the trade. Where as the former is inthe business from quite a long time. I give 8/10 to Mandovi and 6/10 to Kalyani.

The sales guys in Mandovi are far more informed about the cars than the sales guys in Kalyani Motors. This is only my experience.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 22:16   #3
BHPian

i second that...
i also felt mandovi ppl to be a notch better than kalyani.
and both of them togather are among the better dealers in bangalore...i.e. not considering garuda.

Regards,
amohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 23:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

i third that! :-)
have had good experience with Mandovi motors. Worst was with Sagar (besides Accenture building!)
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 09:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

I had good experience both with Mandovi and Kalyani. Kalyani is new but are very customer focussed. The sales manager and service manager patiently listens to your queries/concerns. yes they are new and inexperienced but I got good personalized service from them.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 11:34   #6
BHPian

My experience with Kalyani motors...

Sales: i was very impressed with the sales experience. The dealer provided door step service, was extremely courteous, ensured test drive arrangements are complete. In fact, many other dealers (Sagar, Pratham, Mandovi) were not able to provide me test drive of swift-D as per my convenience. The customer service manager also personally followed up on the day of delivery and afterwards as well. The only sad part is that salesman knew only basics and did not know much about technology. However, since I had done enough research on my own, it did not matter to me.

Service: i have completed only one service. Due attention was given to understand the minor issues. The sore point (why does there always have to be atleast one?) is that they charge 1.5% extra if payment is by credit card. I am quite satisfied overall.
sreenidhibr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 12:15   #7
BHPian

Its not necessary to get ur car serviced from the same dealer from whom you bought it...
isnt it better to first concentrate on shortlisting the best sales deal...service any way will come 30 days later....

OT: I had really nice experience at Suraksha..and they dont charge 1.5% extra if you pay be CC & i have heard that they do pickup and drop also at no extra cost..though not confirmed abt this last bit

Regards,
amohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 12:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
OT: I had really nice experience at Suraksha..and they dont charge 1.5% extra if you pay be CC & i have heard that they do pickup and drop also at no extra cost..though not confirmed abt this last bit

Regards,
Even Mandovi/RNS motors does not charge extra if we pay by CC. But it is crime to collect the extra charges. We can complaint o RBI about the same.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 20:38   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Even Mandovi/RNS motors does not charge extra if we pay by CC. But it is crime to collect the extra charges. We can complaint o RBI about the same.
Mandovi JP nagar charges 2% extra if you pay by CC and if the payment is more than 2500Rs.
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 23:04   #10
BHPian

hi
i feel kalyani is new but all their employees are experienced (pulled from other dealers) they are trying to give personalised attention when it comes to sales servicing is also good i got my 2nd service done in 2hrs flat
fastcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 13:52   #11
BANNED

I checked with Kalyani as well as Mandovi.Initial impression was better with Kalyani.I had told Mandovi I wish to see to 2008 ZXi first and they called me to see it but when i went they told its not there. Bad impression at start.I got to see new Zxi at Kalyani.But none are offering any discounts on Swift.What free accessories you can typically expect on Swift from dealers ?
Revention is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 11:33   #12

Exclamation Kalyani motors sales is pathetic

The sales team at Kalyani motors do not have much techincal knowledge on the car. The test drive car was horrible, When I pointed that out, Salesperson replies This is being used by several customers please bare But my point is .. one decides to take a car based on the test drive. Though I am convinced, They gave me all fake promises that they provide me free teflon coatings for my car after the purchase. Nothing seems to be promising.

I would rather suggest Garuda who started the Sales and Service for Maruti lately. They provice awesome customer care with amazing service.
rajprasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 13:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

@rajprasa. Did you buy a car from them ultimately or not ?

Most test drive cars are abused anyway. I don't see anything "pathetic" in your post other than the "BOLD" letters.
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 14:57   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
@rajprasa. Did you buy a car from them ultimately or not ?

Most test drive cars are abused anyway. I don't see anything "pathetic" in your post other than the "BOLD" letters.

@srishiva:
I wouldnt regret so bad .. If I wouldnt have brought the car.. and the answer is YES !!!
rajprasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 10:24   #15
BHPian

Default Re: About Kalyani Motors Mysore Rd Bangalore ?

I'd like to share my experience with them.
I've been in touch with them for servicing for more than 2 years now, and I must say, I'm the most happiest person. I've had my bitter experiences here too.

What I realized is one thing - One doesn't need to throw attitude at anyone. If I care for my car so much, I better make sure I convince the Service Advisor about how much concerned I am about the service outcome.

I almost fought with the Customer Care Manager (Yeshwant Babu) during my 3rd free service. But things changed since then. Yeshwant and I are the best of friends now.
He's one person who you can count on. He'll make sure your car is in top condition and delivered to you as promised. You won't believe, he meets so many customers everyday, but when I leave my car for service, I can sense that extra care when he warns the Service Advisor with all my preferences upfront:
1. No Diesel wash (I take care of it in my own way)
2. No messing with interiors (vacuum cleaning, seat cleaning etc. as they are always clean)
3. Most importantly, no stickers of Kalyani's.

I've not found this kind of treatment anywhere in Bangalore.
Let me know if you guys want to see him, I can share his number.

Thanks
vishnu-man is offline   Reply With Quote