Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 15th April 2008, 14:54   #1
BHPian

Unhappy 2nd service problems wasan motors

Dear Teambhp members, need u opinion,

My palio stile has clocked 7,000 kms and was due for servicing, my driver dropped the car at the service center, the adviser said we will have to leave the car for 2 days time,.
i fail to understand why would a routine servicing where oil and filters are changed requires 2 days time ??

the only explanation he gave was that there are some tests which need to be run on the car, i am clueless.

some of the problems i had reported to them were
1) right rear wheels brake jams up (excess braking)
2) Rear center brake light broken (red cover fell off) and makes a lot of noise.
3) Extreme left air duct not functioning properly (needs to be changed, seems there is some problem in them as i had to change right center one before). i have not user air freshener which would damage the grill, i was expecting they would replace it like the last time, but he said it will be 800 Rs.
4) front ride window makes noise when half open (some problem with alignment it seems).

these r some of the problems. but why do they ask me to leave the car with them ??
is it ok to leave the vehicle with these people ?? i had heard the switch parts etc (mechanics), can i go to some other service center ?? i bought the car from wasan motors. how much time does a normal 2nd service require ??

all that the service adviser was interested was in making me do polish work, detailing, window number etching, etc etc.
Delta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 13:58   #2
BHPian

Smile

I left my car for 2nd service @ 10-15 in the morning & got a call from the service engineer at 1pm that the car is ready for pickup after service!!!

Service done at Prerana motors ORR, Bangalore.
cheers:
eclectix 1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 14:46   #3
BHPian

For this routine service try Shaman Auto if its possible for you to take Palio there. They are good for routine service. They also have Sunday service.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 15:07   #4
BHPian

Thumbs up 10K service done at 12K...and with pleasure.

Last week saw my Indi baby get her 2nd service done.

Technically the 10K service...but was happily done at 12K by Han Motors, Andheri. ( which is where i bought her from )

Oil change, oil filter change, fuel filter element change, air filter change alongside the other electrical & mechanical check-ups as statutory.All done for Rs 1500/- inclusive of car pick-up & drop off from my office.

All this done between 8:30am & 5:30pm.

Cant reason out why you must be asked to wait for 2 days.
SRShrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 15:16   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta9 View Post

2) Rear center brake light broken (red cover fell off) and makes a lot of noise.
3) Extreme left air duct not functioning properly (needs to be changed, seems there is some problem in them as i had to change right center one before)

How does problem 2 cause noise? Presumably, you're talking about the center-mounted brake light.

The air vent in problem 3 is merely a dumb outlet channel- I dont see how that could "fail" in a new car.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote