Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 3rd May 2008, 20:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Is Lathangi HM/Mitsubishi dealership closed. Now re-opened Ford 3S Facility.

Hi,
today I went to India Garage/Southern Motors in BLR to service my Lancer, and one of the advisors mentioned they had more cars in as Lathangi has closed about a week back ? Is this true ?
Coincidentally, I was thinking of checking @ Lathangi the cost to paint my car (its done 50k/5years, so I was thinking of a doing some work) .. IG quoted ~36K plus labour/fitting coming to ~40K plus taxes ... Is this reasonable ?

Regards,
lancer_rit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2008, 21:09   #2
Team-BHP Support

Nope they have not closed down. They are just closed for a week as they are moving to another location down the road near the Wockhardt hospital. They will open by Thursday friday of next week.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2008, 21:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Nope they have not closed down. They are just closed for a week as they are moving to another location down the road near the Wockhardt hospital. They will open by Thursday friday of next week.
Thanks for the update. Good that Lathangi is there - I need to try them sometime (always used IG since last 4.5 years I am in BLR).
I guess it was typical dealer/workshop talk. When I asked him why and when it happened, he said they will continue with Ford or whatever :-(
Old 9th May 2008, 11:06   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
They are closed down for the time being. The sales guy was uncertain about they opening another showroom for HM. He said it may happen but we are not sure. The present one they will be running for Ford. I have seen they renovating the building. Really a bad news for all Mitsubishi owners in Bangalore.
I was also trying to reach some of the HM contacts today. Surprisingly all their phones are switched off. Is anything bad happening
sj_koova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 13:11   #5
BHPian

Apparently, they are done with HM-Mitsubishi and have closed their dealership. Got this from a reliable source.

They are going to shift to Ford from henceforth. This is surely going to hurt existing Mitsubishi owners'. Southern Motors will be hard pressed to handle the shifting customer base from lathangi and do not think whether their service quality levels were as good / at par with Lathangi

Cheers
Ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 13:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yes, confirmed this with 3 different persons at SM Workshop today. HM has asked them specifically to brace for double the servicing load or something...

Always bad when there is monopoly :-(

Regards,
Old 9th May 2008, 14:15   #7
BANNED

Its a huge let down of its customers by Mitsubishi. I guess only in India people tolerate such operators.
No wonder people are teaching them lessons by sending to the bottom of the sales chart.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 18:30   #8
BHPian

Confirmed. Lathangi is switching to Ford
Had a chance to speak to HM guys today. HM is looking for new dealership in Bangalore.
May happen in 2 months are per them
Old 14th May 2008, 18:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Confirmed. Lathangi is switching to Ford
Had a chance to speak to HM guys today. HM is looking for new dealership in Bangalore.
May happen in 2 months are per them
I hope they do have another dealer in BLR. If nothing else, there is hardly place in SM workshop to stand let along park your car which you want to service ... Having another workshop will even improve SM service (due to manageable load)
Old 14th May 2008, 20:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Todays times ascent have openings for Lathangi Ford
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 00:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

This is bad news for Mitsubishi owners. My relative had bad experience with Southern Moters service. I love Mitsubishi cars!!
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 08:29   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
This is bad news for Mitsubishi owners. My relative had bad experience with Southern Moters service. I love Mitsubishi cars!!
I told my concern to HM and they are aware of the situation.
They are actively working for a solution.
Old 15th May 2008, 17:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is bad news for Ford owners also because he was better than the 2 dealers available for Ford in Bangalore.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2008, 00:37   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well I would say my experience has been ok for past 4.5 years. Yes, you do have to tell them about certain things 2 or 3 times, do your own checking, and they are a bit careless. But overall, they do what you ask for esp if you stress it. I have got also many part dent/paint jobs done there and usually, it has been good quality.
Old 30th May 2008, 15:00   #15

I got a call from Mitsubishi Motors informing me that Lathangi not their authorized service partner anymore, and that I should give my car for servicing to Southern motors. I'd rather sell my car than do that - I should now look for a mechanic who specializes in Mitsubishi lancers.
Kiran
kirsn is offline   Reply With Quote