Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 5th June 2008, 21:51   #31
BHPian

So basically you will be able to extract the 12k back from him? If you want it in cash, you can have it by Sept and if you want some accessory, you can have it immediately? If that is the case then you're a lucky man. Get the 48k in cash immediately and get 12k worth of accessories. Whatever you do, don't let him get off the hook till your account is settled.

Don't go by his writing also. You never know, he may file a counter claim that his signature is forged. Get the accessories and get over with it. the carryboy sounds good. Go for it.

Last edited by SumitB : 5th June 2008 at 21:53.
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 09:37   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Got two cheques , 50k and 48k one.
50k one is signed by the MD and 48k by the salesman.

Quote:
I call up the broker and he confirms that its 2.57 (1.10lac for booking and 1.47lac for loan). Its written and signed by the sales man that I paid 1.10lac and hence I have to get 1.10lac back instead of 98,000Rs.

Wondering how can the salesman sign cheques on behalf of the dealership. It appears like a private deal with the salesman & broker. Do you have a official dealer receipt of booking amount received by them.

I speculate Rs.60,000/- was pocketed by the saleman while booking as he needed the money & he actually deposited only 50K as booking amount with the dealership. Seems that the saleman is unable to return the full money.

Do let us know when you have this resolved. Good luck
liberal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 10:18   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
jk, is he giving the 12k or not? Is he prepared to give anything in writing with respect to the 12k?

Now, you know my age and my lack of knowledge in such stuff , but AFAIK, a case of cheque bouncing is easier to fight and prove in court compared to a consumer case. Force them to give everything back, or atleast to give assurance in writing. (Carryboy bull bar sounds nice too).
Its easier and hence he is having sleepless nights these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
So basically you will be able to extract the 12k back from him? If you want it in cash, you can have it by Sept and if you want some accessory, you can have it immediately? If that is the case then you're a lucky man. Get the 48k in cash immediately and get 12k worth of accessories. Whatever you do, don't let him get off the hook till your account is settled.

Don't go by his writing also. You never know, he may file a counter claim that his signature is forged. Get the accessories and get over with it. the carryboy sounds good. Go for it.
Nice point. I will get 48k in cash when I want. The rest 12k part is the confusion. I dont know what all accessory I can get. Bull bar may look good but it can cause problem during a head on technically.

Thinking of seat cover plus Bosch horns plus something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
Wondering how can the salesman sign cheques on behalf of the dealership. It appears like a private deal with the salesman & broker. Do you have a official dealer receipt of booking amount received by them.

I speculate Rs.60,000/- was pocketed by the saleman while booking as he needed the money & he actually deposited only 50K as booking amount with the dealership. Seems that the saleman is unable to return the full money.

Do let us know when you have this resolved. Good luck
Thats what I too think happened. I am thinking of asking him to get a letter from the MD to prove his innocence.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 10:25   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Thinking of seat cover plus Bosch horns plus something else.
If you ask me, the bull bar would not be added to my vehicle (when I own one). Especially after reading various posts on the issue by dadu. I now understand that the bull bar can wreck havoc if there is a head-on collision.

If you are considering the leather seats from the VX, then go for them. They look good and add class (if fitted well).

The horns sound good too. Whatever you do, settle it as soon as possible. You never know, he may do a u-turn. Since you have him, don't let him get off the hook before settling the account.
Old 6th June 2008, 11:16   #35
BHPian

Oh JK, didn't know that such a story was there behind it. Since the cheque is bounced, things are more in your favor. IMO you don't need to suffer 12K to Koyenco. Tell them to give full money back or you will go in legal way.

EDIT: Just now saw your latest post. It seems all settled and you can get accessories worth of 12K. Good seat covers and Bosch horns are fine.

Last edited by redfire : 6th June 2008 at 11:19.
redfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 11:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

How about the Thule carry box for the roof? looks classy on the safari! search them on google.
Attached Images

Last edited by amtak : 6th June 2008 at 11:34.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 11:49   #37
Team-BHP Support

jk, cheque bouncing is an offence, and this guy will be in a soup. Slap a case. Courts are taking cheque bounce cases very strictly.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 12:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

JK

bullbars are not good for safelty of pedestrians and they actually can damage the chassis in case of big impact.

Now about the nudgeguard,its still advisable but trust me one of my friend got this carryboy nudgeguard on his Pearl white ex.

and it dint look so good as it looked on black/blue kind of colors.

just my 2 cents.
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 12:32   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
JK

bullbars are not good for safelty of pedestrians and they actually can damage the chassis in case of big impact.

Now about the nudgeguard,its still advisable but trust me one of my friend got this carryboy nudgeguard on his Pearl white ex.

and it dint look so good as it looked on black/blue kind of colors.

just my 2 cents.
What does a nudge guard do?
Old 6th June 2008, 15:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
What does a nudge guard do?
it serves some purposes

1. for some people it make looks more appealing

2. for very low speed impacts,(in city stop/go kinds) it will save your bumper from minor scratches.

3. you can mount extra lights on it

hope it helps
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 15:37   #41
BANNED

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
jk, cheque bouncing is an offense, and this guy will be in a soup. Slap a case. Courts are taking cheque bounce cases very strictly.
I totally agree with tsk , not only you can force him to refund entire money , but in some cases you can even get some kind of interest on your deposit. I really do not think you should let him go without refunding your entire money in cash . Just let him know that you will be going to police station and civil court , and you might be amazed by the results. IMHO 12k is not that big amount which a dealership / salesman cannot pay upfront ...
Kool_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 21:04   #42
BHPian

Jyoti, any updates on the issue?
Old 9th June 2008, 22:08   #43
LLL
BHPian

Quote:

Nice point. I will get 48k in cash when I want. The rest 12k part is the confusion. I dont know what all accessory I can get. Bull bar may look good but it can cause problem during a head on technically.
First get the 48k in cash ASAP. Do not wait for even 1 additional hour.

Take the money at your place and do not sign any papers. After you get the money, tell him you will give a receipt of 48k but full & final settlement will be done once he pays you remaining 12k. Till that time, you have a right to sue him for cheque bouncing case.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 22:30   #44
Senior - BHPian

You got them big time..!!
Is the check from his personal account or current account of K motors.??

Ask for the 48k in cash, do not give the check back.

and demand the remaining 12k or bounce the check again and file a complaint at consumer redressal forum, you can get your total amount plus some extra too.

I did the same here at lexicon auto, siliguri, when we bought 1510 chasis with faulty battery.

PS: If i were you i would not go for any accesories for my money in this case!

Last edited by SirAlec : 9th June 2008 at 22:31. Reason: added few words!
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 22:41   #45
BHPian

Hi,
In my opinion you should take the 48k ASAP,its better to have the 48k in hand then lose that also by waiting for 12k....

I have had a couple of bad experiences with cheque bouncing....
first of all not many lawyers are interested in taking cases that are so low (amount of cheque)i had a cheque of 56k,which bounced whichever good lawyer i went turned me down saying value of cheque is low.
secondly it takes a minimum of one year for the settlement,am currently in middle of one....now imagine for a year you will be going round the court begging for your own money..(humilating ....trust me)waste of time/mental peace/lawyers fees/paperwork etc etc...
A cheque that has bounced has to be accompanied with a statement from the bank stating shortage of funds as the reson and theres a stipulated time limit to file a case..
Police have stopped taking complaints and you are asked to go directly to a lawyer and file a case,before filing a case u have to issue notice(if your lucky sometimes just with the notice the offending party may come and clear your amount...i wasnt lucky)

I as a friend would recomend that you get as much as possible in your hand rather then running around later for a year or years.........

This is my opinion......
scorpian is offline   Reply With Quote