Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 11th May 2008, 23:09   #1

Default Deep Hyundai - Wazir Pur - Never Ever go there.

Hi,
i met with an accident 1 month ago. me and my friend were in our Elantra CRDI when accident happened. Since i bought this car second hand and previous owner gets all his routine services done with Deep Hyundai - Peera garhi, i prefered that dealer for accidental repairs. This was the moment when my bad luck started. I called their emergency services and that guy on phone asked me to bring vehicle to Wazir pur or Mundka to which i preferred Wazir Pur cause its close to my residence. Next day i ordered for a crane and took the vehicle to Deep. the guys on ground floor gave me an estimate of 20k. i said ok you guys start the proceedings. When i meet the person who deals with accidental jobs, he gave me an estimate of 1 lakh. (what a difference since their people gave me 20k estimate).

they informed the insurance people and all since car is insured under cashless insurance scheme. Insurance surveyor came next day, took the pics and went away. Deep people gave insurance company an estimate of around 2 lakh INR(since Dealers give estimate or all parts to be replaced instead of denting + painting) and insurance surveyor was so nice that he did approved all work to be done and actual loss comes out to be
75 - 80K. the main work to be done was :
Cross member : replace
Front Bumper : replace
Right Headlight : replace
a couple of other small things, brackets and rest is denting + painting work. Deep people gave me an estimated delivery time of 7 days. Vehicle was not delivered to me even on 15th day cause of non-availability of material with them + Front Bumper was send of some other model by their warehouse twice. On 16th day, i just fought with their work manager + Station in charge and asked for their owner's cell number so that i can tell him how these people were working there. those stupids asked 2 days from me and within 2 days i got my car. thank god.

but i guess they didn't liked my fighting with them on this SMALL issue and my patience loss because of their stupidity. this reflected in their work done with my car with a total bill of close to 80,000 INR.
1. Bonnet was repainted : It had a mosquito painted along with 2K paint job (in a automated paint booth ) + there are several visible dots on the Bonnet)
2. The car's engine heat temperature needle goes to red hot position (which means engine temp is 95 degree + and its not advisable to run car even a single km as it might cause serious engine problems)
3. Gear shifting problem started which was not there when i gave car to them.
4. Good gaps between front bumper and body side panels. (which depicts low quality job work done).

I took my Elantra back to Deep wazirpur and asked for clarifications. They told me it will all done. in evening, i was told everything is ok and car will not be overheated again and i had to bring vehicle back to them and leave for a day for gear shifting problem and bonnet repaint job. i said ok i will bring vehicle some other day for remaining jobs and i came back home. Next day vehicle again over heated. I called those *******s, they asked me to bring vehicle, again same procedure was followed, 2 ENGINEERS deputed on my Elantra on priority basis, scanned everything, nothing found, told me it will not happed again, i came back and within hours same problem persisted.

All this happened for 6 days i was shattered and was planning to bring these stupids to consumer court. on sixth day, their service manager deputed their senior technician Mia Ji on my car and after 4 hrs he pointed out that car was actually NOT OVERHEATING, it was just showing it in meter and because some ******* technician DIDN'T joined EARTH WIRE properly (this car has 17 Earthing points) and since this car posses so many features, it has even amount of sensors for each functionality too, it showed errors and that reflected in Heat sensor gauge. Anyways, he joined Earth wire and car is not overheating till date. I suffered for whole 6 days just because of that person who mounted the engine, he forgot to join Earthing wire.

Just 3 days before, i had some free time so i planned to take vehicle and get remaining things done. I called their service manager and he asked me to bring the car. I took my vehicle for Bonnet repaint job + Gear Shift Problem. They took my whole day and just did Bonnet job cause Gear shift wire was NOT IN THE STOCK. i asked him for what did he called me if he don't have ready stock. isn't it his duty to first check spares in store then call customers? he was quite cause he don't have any answer to this. all he did +ve for my car is changed rear shockers in warranty (free of cost). he ordered for a wash and clean of car and I took my car back to home. on the way i realized car is not taking proper Brakes (This car has best brakes + brake assist systems). I called him again, he told me sir all technicians have gone back to their homes. you please bring car tomorrow morning again and we will see to it what happened.

As i have lost all my hopes and i had seriously planned to sell this car cause of repeated complaints, i called my friend to discuss things further. He advised me to go for a final check and service with Hyundai Plaza, Mathura Road. Since Plaza is owned and maintained by company itself, it ignited another hope to own a good world class car. I called Hyundai Plaza and described them my position. The guy on phone assured me of best services (everyone does i thought) and he gave me next day's appointment. I took my car 7 AM in the morning to Plaza. at 7.15 Mr. Ankur get in touch with me and did listened to all my earlier experiences with Deep Hyundai and all problems i faced due to their negligence. Ankur appointed Mr. Sanjeev (senior most technical manager in Plaza) on my car. Sanjeev took me on a test ride to understand things better. He applied brakes and car stopped heavily. he opened the Bonnet and showed me Brake Vacuum Pipe was not in Place . another blunder mistake done by Deep people. Sanjeev appointed Hira lal on my car. Hira lal did a wonderful job with my car and solved all my problems. i was told of each and every work done on my car and also told me why all this happened. Believe me 90% of problems were just because of Deep people. Today i am very much happy with my car and its performance and its really nice of Hyundai Plaza's knowledgeable and truly technical staff that they retained my hope in Hyundai company. Special thanks to Ankur, Sanjeev and Hira Lal of Hyundai Plaza.

Outcome :
1. Elantra CRDI is a wonderful car to be kept with very low ownership costs provided you have a good mechanic with you.
2. Don't ever take your vehicle to DEEP HYUNDAI, WAZIR PUR. They are worse and don't have knowledge of anything.
3. Hyundai Plaza, Mathura Road is the best for all and any type of complaints + regular services of your Hyundai car.
4. I didn't mentioned Deep Hyundai's employees names here because i am not aware if i can publish names of all those stupids here. If someone wants to know their names, ask me in pm and i will reply for sure.

If you also have some bitter experience with Deep, do post it here. I will also post this in all major Indian forums + social bookmarking sites so that Deep's owner know more about his employees and how much effort they are making to DIVERT deep's future customers.

thanks
Elantra.Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 10:28   #2
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elantra.Rules View Post

2. Don't ever take your vehicle to DEEP HYUNDAI, WAZIR PUR. They are worse and don't have knowledge of anything.
3. Hyundai Plaza, Mathura Road is the best for all and any type of complaints + regular services of your Hyundai car.
Bad experience indeed, but good to know your car is now back to normal. Deep hyundai goes into my blacklist. They have a svc center in Okhla and i was thinking of trying them out, but i dont want to get my car screwed.

HMP is good, but also expensive and some of their techs are good, and some are bad. I had been getting my service done from them, but they add unnecessary charges and hence i shifted out to another service center. But overall, its much better than most of other svc centers. So much for the famed Hyundai ***.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 10:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

That's quite a bad experience you have had there mate !!

I can understand if Deep does not have Elantra parts and they take extra time, as car is no longer in production. BUT missing out on small points like Earth wire and Brake Vaccum pipe etc is unacceptable ( and dangerous to the driver !! )

I have always gotten my cars serviced at Safdarjung Hyundai Gurgaon and I must say they are excellent.

Also Recently I have been getting my service done at Vasant Vihar Petrol Pump ( Of the imported cars fame ), he has gotten a authorised Hyundai service station now known as moolchand Motors I think. They are excellent !! Old Guy known as ' Mama ' there is too good and he will give your car in a few hours and take care of everything.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 12:07   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Deep hyundai goes into my blacklist. They have a svc center in Okhla and i was thinking of trying them out, but i dont want to get my car screwed.

HMP is good, but also expensive and some of their techs are good, and some are bad. I had been getting my service done from them, but they add unnecessary charges
I strongly suggest you NOT to go to DEEP's any service center as i have suffered for almost 25 days because of their negligence. though my car is still under warranty for another 8 months, HMP didn't charged me a single penny for its repairs and problem rectifications as my car was there under emergency services. Even if they had charged me, i would have paid them cause my car is my pride and i don't want to let it down because my cars never let me down. I believe in maintaining the cars decently and if its possible by spending some additional bucks but high on quality then i don't mind paying for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
BUT missing out on small points like Earth wire and Brake Vaccum pipe etc is unacceptable ( and dangerous to the driver !! )

yep. who would have taken responsibility if i met with accident that day? it might resulted in additional financial loss for me cause of no fault on my side + my parents would have screwed me + who knows it might result in what? another salman khan footpath accident or sanjeev nanda's BMW accident or anything like that.

My stake is : take your car to that service station which takes proper care of your car and price must not be a constraint in it. Your life depends on your car and your family members depends on you. so its worth as per me.
Elantra.Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 15:07   #5
BHPian

Oh man that's extremly dangerous thing.
Brake's Vaccum pipe was screwed. Man you should had screwed those Idiots Deep Hyundai for doing such stupid things.
I always give my Elantra to Hyundai Motor Plaza, and not a single problem faced till yet and had done 40k KM on ODO.

It is a superb car and ofcourse the features are wow. Hope you are enjoying your luxurious Beast.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 23:08   #6
BHPian

One of my friend is also crying by going to Deep Hyundai haha. I already warned him and he paid the price.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote