Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 7th June 2008, 18:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Sai Service, Fugewadi, Pune

I have given good feedback about Sai Service earlier - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-service.html (Maruti Sai Service - very good Service)

But today, I had a not so good experience (though at a different Sai Service).
I took my car for the 3rd free service today morning to SS, Fugewadi. The advisor told me a list of stuff to be done - total around 2600 or so. This sounded like a lot so I asked him if everything of this is compulsory for the 3rd service - he said, yes. I confirmed again a couple of times.
I gave it for service. In the afternoon, I called up Wonder Car, another Maruti Dealer & asked him how much for the 3rd service - he said around 1500 or so.
So when I went to pick up my car, I created a ruckus at Sai Service & they didn't charge me for anything they did beyond the compulsory stuff. Total came to around 1500.

Also, the manual says the next service is due after 20K Kms (currently at 10K), however SS put a sticker on my car which said the next service was due at 15K. Any idea if this is neccessary?

Last edited by carboy : 7th June 2008 at 18:45.
carboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 12:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Also, the manual says the next service is due after 20K Kms (currently at 10K), however SS put a sticker on my car which said the next service was due at 15K. Any idea if this is neccessary?
Any replies to this. Does anyone know when I should service/oil change next?
Old 9th June 2008, 10:56   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Usual practice of the dealership wanting to service your car more often than the manufacturer's recommendation (obvious reasons). That said, I'd recommend an oil change at anywhere between 5,000 - 7,500 kms.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 12:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Default Update

So Maruti Territory Sales Manager & Sai Service customer care manager, both called me & apologized.
However, I am not planning to patronize Sai Service anymore.
Any idea how is Millenium Mobility in Pune?
Also how about the non-dealer Maruti Authorized Service Stations. Any good ones in & around Aundh?
Old 12th June 2008, 16:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Any idea how is Millenium Mobility in Pune?
They are good...my alto is serviced there and they do a good job.
as a rule i always ignore their..sir ye kara lo woh karo stuff and instead tell them to do what is required to be done as per the mannual
Rahulk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2008, 21:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
They are good...my alto is serviced there and they do a good job.
as a rule i always ignore their..sir ye kara lo woh karo stuff and instead tell them to do what is required to be done as per the mannual
I also ignore, but they cheated me by saying it's required by the manual.

Anyway, do you take it to Millenium at Fugewadi or Wakdewadi?