Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Closed Thread

Old 17th July 2008, 14:28   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
You mean wrong information is passed on to the top level by Honda dealer .

Do you have any recording done by phone, or something where they accept mistake ?
If so, then you have a very strong case in consumer court.

Aslo do you have job card when the car was polishsed to hide the different colours ?
I dont have any such recordings. They havent given any job cards. They told me that they just wash the car and inspect the vehicle. Fortunately they couldnt erase most of the defects.
Old 17th July 2008, 16:30   #137
BHPian

jmathew, i personally feel that the time is running out for you.

try to get in touch with the honda officials by any means. once you touch base with them tell the entire story. I had more or less the same issue with fiat dealer and fiat did a thorough investigation at their end and found the dealer guilty.

or else would suggest you take a legal advice immediately.
Old 17th July 2008, 16:53   #138
BHPian

Quote:
jmathew, i personally feel that the time is running out for you.

try to get in touch with the honda officials by any means. once you touch base with them tell the entire story. I had more or less the same issue with fiat dealer and fiat did a thorough investigation at their end and found the dealer guilty.

or else would suggest you take a legal advice immediately.
In case you already haven't written to Honda, here's an e mail address which MIGHT be of any help

customer_relations @ hondacarindia.com

Good luck
M2S
Old 17th July 2008, 17:17   #139
BHPian

try these e mail ids and request them to forward your complaint / feedback to the concerned person:

Email: suniti@hondacarindia.com

Email: saba@hondacarindia.com

Email: anita@hondacarindia.com

masahiro@hondacarindia.com

hope they'll be of help.

Last edited by theMAG : 19th July 2008 at 00:30. Reason: External tags not allowed
Old 18th July 2008, 18:30   #140
BHPian

Since you have already commenced legal action, and things havn't moved much, wouldn't it help if you contacted the media (print & Electronic), to get some publicity.

Local newspapers, local TV channels?! You have evidence use it buddy !
13 lacs is not a small amount to be wronged !!
Old 18th July 2008, 19:44   #141
BHPian

Default Appropriate response in such cases -

Based on my understanding of the criminal and civil procedure code and justice system I have given stepwise actions to take. I believe this will be helpful for all BHPians. Please note I am not a qualified lawyer hence please take legal help during the process.

1) Do a detailed documentation of the issues along with two witnesses who need to sign on the documentation and appear in court if required. These witnesses should not be related to you. The process is simple document your details (name address occupation etc), details of vehicle (colour, model, make, registration no. chasis no. etc), details of purchase (bill no, cheque number payment date, delivery date,) and then the problem areas discolouration at places etc.
Note the witnesses should be shown the details as well - i.e. chasis no and bill etc. you cannot / should not include information that they cannot see/verify themselves. This is called "Panchnama" here in Marathi - someone please let everyone know whats it called in other languages. It can be done by anyone not necessarily police just get two good witnesses of good character (preferably).
*) In your particular case you can wash it in front of witnesses and verify if the paint goes or not. It sounds stupid but this has value in court. It shows that there is no outside smear / smudge but its paint problem.

Please also note all other faults at the same time - loose seat belt, worn out tyres greasy engine compartment etc everything. Make a bullet point for each defect. Remember it always takes a little extra.

2) Take pictures on film camera. This aids the witnesses if required in court examination. Develop negatives from photographers who do industrial photography. Take receipt and keep the negatives safe.

3) Type out a legal show cause -notice (with aid of lawyer - but you can do it yourself as well) - typical formats may be available with lawyers or the typist (who have computers have a template) near courts. Please ensure the following in the notice:
*) Put all the defects in nutshell in bullet points. (same number of issues as the panchnama)
*) Make dealer and the company party to the proceedings
*) At least use "Cheating and willful deception" (and synonyms) for 5 times in this.
*) put your demand that vehicle should be replaced.
*) put the cost of the legal proceedings on to them
*) Put additional cost for "mental torture" on both the parties - put some (very little) emotional angle say once that you were eager to use this product or something like that.
*) Put limit of 15 days for response - post which you will deem that by "Principle of Acquiescence" they agree to the charges.
*) Attach Panchnama copy to this.

4) Send the notice in registered post with acknowledgment due. Keep the acknowledgment as proof.

5) Make a covering letter saying you are aggrieved person for following issues - list out the issues in bullet points in a nutshell (same number of issues as the panchnama). Add that it seems to you that others also have faced this issue (cite website references with links printed properly - make sure they work)

*) Make sure you put in one para of emotional angle of how much eagerly you wanted the product and now you are disappointed so much you do not want to own anything Honda! (this may not be the truth but since its only in your head you are the authority - no one can disprove it!)
*) attach copy of the legal notice, pictures (in standard post card size), copy of panchnama
*) Mark the letter to CEO of Honda, CEO of dealership, legal officer of Honda, and two/three national newspapers + at least 1 local newspaper. (someone please advise who is the correct person in media / unless you can simply mark it to the editor)
*) Also mark it to one/two news channels including one local - definitely mark it to India TV these days they run almost anything - this will be a great scoop by their standards.

*) Make sure you put all these names in cc field below you signature. you will have to send as many copies as addresses (7 copies in our case)

6) Dispatch all using registered post with acknowledgment due.

Wait! and Relax! I think this should do it - if this doesn't then you file a petition in consumer court all same except it will be much easier to prove and run this case.

RD

Last edited by rahuldeodhar : 18th July 2008 at 19:49.
Old 18th July 2008, 21:26   #142
BHPian

@ rahul.

You have summed it up in a great manner.
This will help us all. Thanks a lot.

@Jmathew : It makes sense to me atleast. you can give this a try.

OT:You said you are not a qualified lawyer but "brother" you are fit to be one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuldeodhar View Post
Based on my understanding of the criminal and civil procedure code and justice system I have given stepwise actions to take. I believe this will be helpful for all BHPians. Please note I am not a qualified lawyer hence please take legal help during the process.
RD
Old 18th July 2008, 21:36   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmathew View Post
The car is already due for its first service. It has done < 500KM, but as per the maintanance schedule I should do it in 1 month. What is the implication in terms of warrenty/performance of the car if I didnt do it till it reaches 1000Km? What are the precautions I should take if I have to take the car for service?
Why dont you try Nagarcoil / Tirunelveli Honda dealers to service it? I hope its not that far from your place.
Even if its not possible just dont worry about that. Send a fax to Honda with your VIN number telling that you are not confident in leaving the vehicle in the dealers custody as the Complaint no "XXXXX" is pending and you suspect that they many try to remove the evidence from the vehicle. As the case likely to be reaching court you are not able to do that. Whatever may be the case try to avoid using the vehicle after the KMs crossed the service limit, which may affect your car.
Old 18th July 2008, 23:56   #144
BHPian

Thanks guys for the email ids. I already sent the mails to those ids. But the id masahiro@hondacarindia.com did not work.

Rahul, what you have written is very useful. Thanks.

I was trying to contact the media. I am in touch with a local channel, they agreed to cover the issue
Old 20th July 2008, 00:51   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys for the email ids. I already sent the mails to those ids. But the id masahiro@hondacarindia.com did not work.

Rahul, what you have written is very useful. Thanks.

I was trying to contact the media. I am in touch with a local channel, they agreed to cover the issue
Dude have you tried to contact honda on one2one? If not then please do so on their tollfree no. Hope they replace your car.
Old 20th July 2008, 06:06   #146
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
The dealer still saying that it is caused by bird droppings. Can bird droppings cause dents?
Yes, absolutely. You should see the damage an Ostrich makes when it drops on your car from FL280.
Old 23rd July 2008, 23:43   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
Yes, absolutely. You should see the damage an Ostrich makes when it drops on your car from FL.
But then I dont think an Ostrich will come down parallel to the door panel and drop horizontally just to show the strength of its drop
Old 23rd July 2008, 23:56   #148
BHPian

Smile The dealership should be taken off and he should get atleast a dozen of those as repl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
Sue the dealer. Report it to news media.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Sue and report to media ???!!! What do you mean ? If this had occurred in the United States or any other developed country from a company like Honda, you can claim a million dollars and even close down their dealership. If this story spreads around, imagine the downfall of Honda's image. All these things happen only in India as people do not complain and everything is acceptable. For a new Honda worth 12L, there's no compromise on the fooling part. You should file a case and claim for millions of dollars and a set of new cars stating you had been through a lot of mental agony which had made you mentally sick and so on.... Honda can afford to give you one of their dealerships with all cars for free for a mistake from either the dealer's side or from their side. We don't have to care from where it happened.....Compromising on replacing the door etc should not be considered at all.....and we as Indians always keep a low profile and feel happy with whatever we get.... Imagine you were buying an Aston Martin / Bentley and this happened.. Would you settle for a change in the parts or even a replacement.... Go ahead and do it... This should be a lesson to all including the Hyundai people and the Maruti's too. Take it up to whatever extent it takes and don't let go until you get reasonable compensation....People in US are waiting for a chance like this to make a fortune.... So do make the hay while the sun shines...!! God may not give you another chance.
Old 24th July 2008, 00:14   #149
BHPian

Default Grill all of them !!

If I were you, I would go to any extent legal /otherwise to get this straightened up, even if I have to spend the rest of my life and money on it. What do they think we buyers are? Fools taken for granted with that hard earned money...Post this wherever possible in all the blogs, honda sites and wherever you can until Honda gets involved... They will...when they start paying the price of losing their image and records which took years to build....Try taking it legally to all possible places you can....Stop using the car and file a case too....You should let them know that it's PAY DAY !! Sympathies will not take you anywhere. Be bold and confident and fight! I had done this with my Chevrolet dealer for a service they did where the mud under the body was not even cleaned. I took it to the top most and imagine what happened. Within 24 hours they came and picked up my car from my house and took it from TVM to EKM and back on their expense and finished also all the complaints I had by replacing the parts....

"You may not always win a fight, but you will definitely loose if you don't"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
My sympathies are with you Mr.Mathew. But I strongly advise you to take legal action against Honda. They are trying to make you feel that its futile to pursue the case further, so that they can wriggle out of their responsibility. As a customer, it is your RIGHT to expect a brand new undamaged car. Please do not feel defeated. You have the evidence of damage. Please pursue this case to the logical conclusion. You will get justice for sure. The consumer courts are realizing that consumers are justified in expecting quality goods, and this is translating into favourable judgements. Please consult a good lawyer to ensure that the car is replaced. Nothing else is acceptable.
Quote:
zappo, what you said is right.

married2speed, I have started moving legally as mentioned in my previous posts. I should not be worried about the outcome, success or failure, whatever it could be, I should fight until they do justice for me. I was trying to contact as many officials as possible in honda and bring this case in their attention, but without any success. I really suspect that my case has not been properly escalated to the higher level. There are people who are trying to manipulate and supports cheating at the bottom. I dont see any other reason for this cold response from Honda.
Old 24th July 2008, 05:46   #150

Manufacturing "defects" upon delivery of the vehicle should not be acceptable. Were you there for the PDI? Did the dealership notify you of the arrival of the vehicle and when the PDI was done(dates and logs?)
I would not accept the vehicle in a condition like that. Start by writing a letter to the Regional head of Honda and make a copy for the Manager of the dealership. Make sure the letter is certified. Say that these conditions are not acceptable for a NEW vehicle and that if the problem is not remedied then you will be forced to take action via 3rd parties(lawyer). Trust me, dealers and Corporations are not wiling to ruin their reputation esp in an emerging car market such as India.
Closed Thread