Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Closed Thread

Old 19th September 2008, 19:00   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthang View Post
Any suggestions.

I feel that dealers would purposely delay or prevent such inspection.
Is this a hypothetical question, or is your friend's new car actually facing some problem?
Old 19th September 2008, 21:51   #287
Senior - BHPian

Just something from my experience : Peninsular Honda TVM agreed readily for a pre-registration inspection. I'll update once I actually do that (~30 Sept. at this rate).
Old 20th September 2008, 01:15   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Is this a hypothetical question, or is your friend's new car actually facing some problem?
Backseatdriver - Marina is fine except for minor glitches once in a while. But the car is behaving very good.

My thought was dealers will try to delay these kind of inspection. In India we are superstitious about registration date and time. So they somehow delay and do all activities(if they want) and delay things and directly bring the car to RTO.

Just my feelings. I know it is very important to do this as we are spending lakhs of money
Old 22nd September 2008, 10:34   #289
Senior - BHPian

Dealers specially Tata Dealers do allow for such inspection , usually you need to go to thier stock yard inspect multiple vehicles and then note down the engine number and Chasis number of vehicle you have selcted and ask them to register for the same.

So it is almost always buyers state the preference and showroom people clean up and prepare that perticular car for registration so they might not be knowing in case of your friends car which one to register.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthang View Post
Backseatdriver - Marina is fine except for minor glitches once in a while. But the car is behaving very good.

My thought was dealers will try to delay these kind of inspection. In India we are superstitious about registration date and time. So they somehow delay and do all activities(if they want) and delay things and directly bring the car to RTO.

Just my feelings. I know it is very important to do this as we are spending lakhs of money
Old 23rd September 2008, 19:30   #290
Max
BHPian

wow, they fooled you and it took you 3 months to file the case? as somebody suggested, you must have filed case first and then talked with honda officials, later on if they agreed to replace car, you could have withdrawn case or else continued.

Edit: First TATA MOTORS and now HONDA. I got very negative feelings against TATA motors after reading other members case here and now HONDA. I got so upset from TATA MOTORS, I really stoped doing any business with TATA group of companies, I changed TATA insurance, disconnected all TATA INDICOM PHONES (lots of problems and no solution from TATA INDICOM), Discontinued TATA internet services as well.

I also do own HONDA CITY. It seems, in India big companies, big banks and every corporate company can give us run around, threaten us and can still do business without any problems. Now, I feel, the problem is not with TATA or HONDA its with our judiciary system which give people too many run around and very little compensation for mental torches . I feel honda civic guy should be given at least 1 corer compensation for mental torch er then these companies will learn lesson.

Last edited by Max : 23rd September 2008 at 19:39.
Old 28th September 2008, 22:09   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Now, I feel, the problem is not with TATA or HONDA its with our judiciary system which give people too many run around and very little compensation for mental torches . I feel honda civic guy should be given at least 1 corer compensation for mental torch er then these companies will learn lesson.

I agree with you Max. Now the condition in our very own country is that anyone who has got money and man power can win any situation. Common man will be punished in every way. To come out of this i feel the first step is to: Govt should fix a minimum qualification and a retirement age for our great politicians.
Old 29th September 2008, 11:32   #292
Senior - BHPian

it seems like these cars are sold in 4 parts quaterly. if you buy in september then u get july stock. so ovtober to december seems one lot. even i am offered the same. wondering what to do
Old 29th September 2008, 14:22   #293
vij
BHPian

Hope things are moving forward.
Those defects are so hard to miss. You should have been more careful while taking delivery. All the best. Praying you win and set a deterrent.
Old 30th September 2008, 18:03   #294
BHPian

Folks,

Negative Blogs are Slow poison. It will slowly get into the vain and kill the victim silently. That is what my experience. I had a theard on this Forum about a Cheating by Deedi Motors tvm. Initially when I have called up Deedi for a resolution they were very reluctant to reply my Queries or help me in any ways. I had to wait of GM helpline number at least 15mins to get someone attended. Deedi was aware of my thread on TeamBHP and just ignored telling People who want to buy GM vehicle will come to us and will not go with a Blog on internet.

Today I received a call from Deedi to request me to do a favor for them. They need to delete the thread from TeamBHP so that their future customers will not see about the issue. he had told me that the top most GM marketing officals are calling Deedi, inquiring about the same. They asking Deedi to call up the Customer ( .ie me) and somehow delete the thread. As per the guy called me,Deedi had lost at least 1000 deals(Remember Deedi has got more than 3 Showrooms in Kerala, if I am right) and almost everyone dropping in would ask about the issue before they talk about the car. We cant forget that one of our BHpian caught them red handed while covering up the damages of a Magnum and passing it off to him. While booking the car they were knowing that the guy is a BHPian and he knew about my issue. Still they tried fooling him. What does that mean? They took Blogs very light. I m sorry for Deedi for this and I hope they will review their processes and policies to get a better Customer experience.

Peninsular Honda .... Are you listening?

JM , You are in right track. The people who are not listening to you today will regret for sure. All the Best.

Team,
Thanks a lot for having you all here to advice , probe and make the awareness in public. Hats Off to TeamBhp

Note: I just Love all Cars from Chevy. They are just Value for money. i already have 2 of them . Will buy the next one too from chevy.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 30th September 2008 at 18:13.
Old 30th September 2008, 19:53   #295
Senior - BHPian

Oh believe me, Peninsular Honda knows about T-BHP. I took delivery of a Civic today and they saw the checklist and instantly asked me if it's from T-BHP.
Old 1st October 2008, 13:50   #296
BHPian

Whats the latest update on this ?
Old 2nd October 2008, 01:04   #297
BHPian

peninsular honda owners?????
hope they are seeing this???
Trust me they know
Old 10th October 2008, 22:40   #298
BHPian

no updates ?any reply from honda/dealer..
Old 21st October 2008, 10:39   #299
BHPian

Any update on this case.
aka_iitd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2008, 14:52   #300
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, JMathew has opted for a legal resolution and thus, for obvious reasons, cannot comment on the case publicly. We wish him success and hopefully, a spanking new Honda Civic which he well & truly deserves.

I will close this thread until JMathew PMs me and asks for it to be re-opened.
Closed Thread