Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 10th July 2008, 21:56   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkey2 View Post
access dealership is owned by the famous industrial group called Amalgamations Group (Simpsons, TAFE tractors now Eicher , i hope.they are one of the very few industrial congolermate of tamil nadu who started their operations before independence like TATAs, though comparatively TATAs are godzilla sized one. , Mallika Srinivasan, director, Tafe
It could just be someone in the Access management who would have attempted this new way of cheating people. So we cannot simply blame the TAFE on this as we are not aware of the real culprit behind this practice.
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 22:00   #17
BHPian

Good thing, Hyundai took action before this got blown wide open in the newspapers. hope thoes the customers get their extra paid cash refunded. This should get the lost confidence back to hyundai.
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 22:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkey2 View Post
This is shocking!!! Access is an subsidiary of RS. 3000 crore- Amalgamations group(manufacturers of TAFE tractors, Eicher tractors, simpsons etc). they are multi industrial congoleramate who started their operations in the early 1900s (like Bajaj of north india). Access comes under the TAFE whose MD is Mallika srinivasan, married to automobile tycoon Venu Srinivasan, CMD of TVS Motors.
Benkey:

I had a terrible experience with TAFE Access when I intended to purchase a Skoda car from their Bangalore dealership - they forged my registration after falsely representing a damaged car to me as a new one and taking my money in full....talking did not help, legal notices did not help, finally got the police to register a complaint, who then swung into action and barged into the showroom threatening to arrest the dealer...only then did TAFE cough up the money!

Well, I too had a great impression about TAFE, but my experience was 180 degrees away!

Glad to know that Hyundai apparently acted against such behavior.

Cheers,
diffsoft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 22:02   #19
BHPian

I still wonder how this practice went scot free for long.
I know that there is a warehouse agent in every factory who would check
the engine number,chassis number and model.this sheet comes with every car with the duplicate key and has to be produced to the r.t.o on registration only these details go into the r.c.i have seen this when i took my innova for registration.that also hold the price of the car printed on it.
That is how the tax and other components are calculated depending on the variant.It's very diheartening to know that such a practice occured in the detroit of India.
Pls be careful with your cars and check the r.c. and the car chassis plate,etc.
This needs to be taken to the consumer consortium.
manjith_pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 22:05   #20
BHPian

@ Diffsoft : When did this happen?? Have you complained to skoda about such practices??
mnhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 22:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
@ Diffsoft : When did this happen?? Have you complained to skoda about such practices??
happened in Dec and sorted out largely thanks to t-bhp. Check out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...signature.html (My L&K Combi Delivery problems! EDIT : Dealer taken to task for forging my signature)

Wrote to Skoda India - no response, legal notice to Skoda India - no response, Wrote to CEO Skoda Worldwide, got a apology note from the local sales director...but I got a better response from the Traffic Commissioner who sent a notice to TAFE and asked them to cancel the registration.

Cheers,
Old 12th July 2008, 21:47   #22
BHPian

@ diffsoft: sad to notice skoda india not being responsive. Did you buy the vehicle from some other dealer???
mnhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 10:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
@ diffsoft: sad to notice skoda india not being responsive. Did you buy the vehicle from some other dealer???
Yes, I ended up buying a Verna diesel from Trident! And the Trident sales guy was pleasantly surprised because I told him just 15 days earlier that I was buying the Octavia.

Cheers,
Old 4th August 2008, 23:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Default Update

Access has now shifted to Tata sales. Buyers, please exercise caution.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 08:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Access has now shifted to Tata sales. Buyers, please exercise caution.
Thanks for the update Ajo. Wondering if Tata management cared to understand why Hyundai canceled the access dealership.
Old 5th August 2008, 12:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Thanks for the update Ajo. Wondering if Tata management cared to understand why Hyundai canceled the access dealership.
Don't go accomplishing your mission there M_S. Do it elsewhere.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 13:59   #27
i10
BHPian

Their move to Tata sounds all the more shocking considering the Nano is scheduled for arrival sometime during Diwali, and these guys are going to fool innocent people on tight budgets giving them crap about why the car is costlier than the stated 1 L.

On a side note, I think its usually safer - if not completely safe - to get the Hyundai from a HMP. They have one in most of the metros I guess.
i10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 14:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Don't go accomplishing your mission there M_S. Do it elsewhere.
I don't think i will do justice to my handle . Might end up with Mahindra on the advice of Mahendra .