Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 27th June 2008, 20:23   #1
BHPian

Exclamation attention hyundai owners!! - Access Hyundai's chennai dealership is now closed.

hello

hyundai has intimated in written that Access Hyundai's chennai dealership is closed and that for service the other dealers can be approached.

byee
sathya_j2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 21:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

I still remember the day my friend got his Santro from this dealership 3 years back. Pathetic service, I must say.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 21:26   #3
BHPian

i thought they were doing pretty well in the business. Any idea why it was closed?
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 13:17   #4
BHPian

Ok got the news on why the dealership was closed.

These guys were selling the base models of santro as higher versions after painting the bumper, making minor interior upgrades and changing the badge at the back. They had been doing this for quite sometime. One of the customers wrote to Hyundai after finding that his car had limited features when compared with a genuine santro of the model. Hyundai then had an audit team to find if this is happening across all dealers and found that only access is doing this. So they decided to close the dealership.
Old 30th June 2008, 13:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Some cheap trick these people go upto!!! Pathetic!

Any idea who are the promotors / management of this dealer? If we know that, we can expect similar doing in their other facilities!!!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 13:21   #6
Team-BHP Support

Will there be some consolation to the people who have been cheated by the dealer. Will Hyundai take moral and legal responsibity for the same and refund them the extra money they paid.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 13:37   #7
BHPian

God. I wonder how many people have been cheated??? This truth will make people loose faith in these companies. Because of one person reporting it to the Hyundai, all new car buyers are saved, otherwise the dealer's bank account would have got fatter. Now how to trust any dealer?? what is the guarantee that they too are not resorting to the same tactics?? I have one Question. Why dont these reputed Companies inspect the dealers secretly??
mnhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 13:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
These guys were selling the base models of santro as higher versions after painting the bumper, making minor interior upgrades and changing the badge at the back.
how could they ? These guys should be taken to court by all the unfortunate folks that they have been cheating.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 13:48   #9
BHPian

I guess this is the second time Hyundai has taken such an action.

Rama Hyundai was the other dealership which got liquidated for some similar reasons

Elito
Elito11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 14:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering why I could not find Access Hyundai in their website - i remember getting my Santro from them in Jan 2005...
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 23:10   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Ok got the news on why the dealership was closed.

These guys were selling the base models of santro as higher versions after painting the bumper, making minor interior upgrades and changing the badge at the back. They had been doing this for quite sometime.
One dealer tried doing the same to me when I was looking for a Santro; however since I had seen the higher version at another dealership (where I eventually purchased it) I did not fall for it. The power window switches were obviously retro-fitted stuff. When confronted with the facts the executive shamelessly stood his ground. Remember hearing of another Hyundai dealer apparently selling lower Euro versions as higher ones by just changing the sticker! This dealership was also cancelled. Must congratulate Hyundai for taking action.
Murugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 08:40   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
One dealer tried doing the same to me when I was looking for a Santro; however since I had seen the higher version at another dealership (where I eventually purchased it) I did not fall for it. The power window switches were obviously retro-fitted stuff. When confronted with the facts the executive shamelessly stood his ground. Remember hearing of another Hyundai dealer apparently selling lower Euro versions as higher ones by just changing the sticker! This dealership was also cancelled. Must congratulate Hyundai for taking action.
Doctor,

Can you reveal who the dealer was?

I was told Access was under a different name earlier and used to do the same stuff earlier too. That dealership was cancelled and they again started another dealership with the name access.
Old 9th July 2008, 23:23   #13
BHPian

Quote:
These guys were selling the base models of santro as higher versions after painting the bumper, making minor interior upgrades and changing the badge at the back. They had been doing this for quite sometime. One of the customers wrote to Hyundai after finding that his car had limited features when compared with a genuine santro of the model.
access dealership is owned by the famous industrial group called Amalgamations Group (Simpsons, TAFE tractors now Eicher , i hope.they are one of the very few industrial congolermate of tamil nadu who started their operations before independence like TATAs, though comparatively TATAs are godzilla sized one. , Mallika Srinivasan, director, Tafe
benkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 23:44   #14
BHPian

Quote:
These guys were selling the base models of santro as higher versions after painting the bumper, making minor interior upgrades and changing the badge at the back. They had been doing this for quite sometime.
This is shocking!!! Access is an subsidiary of RS. 3000 crore- Amalgamations group(manufacturers of TAFE tractors, Eicher tractors, simpsons etc). they are multi industrial congoleramate who started their operations in the early 1900s (like Bajaj of north india). Access comes under the TAFE whose MD is Mallika srinivasan, married to automobile tycoon Venu Srinivasan, CMD of TVS Motors. i read somewhere because of the competetion they were closing the business. i dont think they will be indulging in cheap activities like this. but again earning money is the last word any business. if this is true then there is no point in blaming other dealers whose only business is their dealership.These two groups Amalgamations and TVS are TATA and Birla of Tamil nadu till economic liberalization in the 1990s.
benkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 21:50   #15
BHPian

@benkey : making money is the point of such people. No matter what reputation they have and how many people they cheat, they just want MONEY. They think they can get away with such things, they fail to understand where they are heading to.
mnhegde is offline   Reply With Quote