Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 2nd March 2005, 09:02   #1
LLL
BHPian

Default Allianz Automobiles, Delhi : Absolute cheat

This is old story but i wanted to post it just to make the readers aware.

I wanted to exchange my 800 for zen.

1. True value guy inspected the car, took a test drive and offered 35k on 800. i refused to sell the car to them, then they called a private dealer who offered me 55k. Basically the ppl undercut maruti.

2. I wanted a zen which had a standard Zen scheme at that time which was free insurance (approx 12k). I accepted the offer, and paid them the booking amount of 5k.

3. They told me that car would be ready in 2 days and i should come and collect the car and pay all the money. When i went 2 days later, they told me that maruti had changed the scheme to a gold coin and they will not give the car on old scheme.

4. i told them that i had booked the car when the scheme was active and now they cannot change the deal. Would they have passed on the benefit if a better scheme would have come out? or would they have let me back out of the deal and returned my booking amount?

5. they didnt listen to anything and i finally got disgusted and told them to cancel the deal and return the booking amt. Then they told me to fill a form and the check would be send thru mail.

i told them that i am not moving from there until i get the check and i will complaint to maruti. They told me to do whatever i could...

Then a prospective customer walked out on them saying that he didnt want to have the same experience. To avoid further loss, they immediately returned the booking amount.

Decided never to do business with a maruti dealer.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2005, 16:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Very worst experience. It always better to get something in written, mentioning about the transaction details. Iam aware this is not possible in every situation. But advisable to get this whereever possible. If we have one, we can threaten him that we will go to the consumer court.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2005, 16:59   #3
BHPian

I had a very good experience. I recently booked Zen Lx at Sai Service pune by paying 10K. The Sales guy *clearly* and politely told, that the booking does mot make sense in reality as the actual scheme that we will get is the one which will be running when I make *Full payment*.

though it was little disheartening to know, at least I was made clear of facts, thanks to good service from Sai.
pingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2005, 20:49   #4
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingme
The Sales guy *clearly* and politely told, that the booking does mot make sense in reality as the actual scheme that we will get is the one which will be running when I make *Full payment*.
Actually that is not true, as booking amount is used to block the car and take it off inventory. In case you decide to cancel the deal, you will loose the booking amount as the dealer will claim this as amount already spent in preparing the vehicle for delivery.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2006, 22:46   #5
BHPian

Man add me to this list as well... though it happened back in 2004 but i dont think they would have changed... To cut the long story short, they offered me an attractive deal which no other dealer was giving (a total of 35k benefit on wagonR) but when everything was going on smoothly (loan was also sanctioned), i found out that they could no longer give the car under the same offer...
Even they didnt bother to inform me... It was i who had called them up a couple of days before the delivery date when i came to know of this game that these people were playing on me...
When i went to their showroom and demanded the deal be honoured they said the best they could do was to offer me a white wagonR.. thats it.. (i had booked a pearl silver one)
So the booking was scrapped, the loan put on hold and allianze was chucked out as an option for any further deals...
I realised only after sometime that i should have done more.. at least should have complained to maruti.. but alas...
I dont know how many people were hooked and duped by these guys by offering them a huge discount in the beginning and backing out just before the delivery...
ess_a is offline   Reply With Quote