Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 17th October 2008, 11:33   #61
JRD
BHPian

ask for a fresh piece. wait for a month if you have to. But i mean common you are paying for new car and you should get a new one and not a one with changed panels. and also ask for further discount/ warranty etc.
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 12:10   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
ask for a fresh piece. wait for a month if you have to. But i mean common you are paying for new car and you should get a new one and not a one with changed panels. and also ask for further discount/ warranty etc.
Guys, the gentleman has bought his car 2 months back. Please read the dates of these posts.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 02:38   #63
Senior - BHPian

Anyway, I must say you have got a good deal in terms of compensation.

That's what is funny about Tata. Their dealers suck at times, but once you complain to Tata, suddenly company seems to come down heavily on the dealer. This can only mean two things:

a. Company is trying to improve the ownership experience seriously.
OR
b. There exists an understanding between company and dealer to allow dealers to do such things until customer complains. When that happens, the issue is resolved.

That said, the bad buying experience at Vivek Auto and the experience of the First Service has made me shift loyalties to Samyak. Except the timely delivery of the car, everything else was bad, including mis-spelling my name in the registration and registering the car as a 1148 cc diesel engine instead of 1248!

The Interesting thing is that the better ASC (Samyak / Elegant) doesn't even feature on the list of Tata-Fiat ASC.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 17:49   #64
BHPian

Default oh my god....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Thanks guys but FIL has to stick to Vivek for the time being because of the cashless services given. Half of the things have not materialiesd till now on one pretext or another. I am going to wait till the end of this month for them to come clean on it or I will take it up once again with TATA Motors.
hey dude,

i only saw this thread now, or i would have told you to cut your losses and run like the wind...

i bought my palio in 02 from these guys and then made the mistake of going back for my safari to the same bunch of loonies...

the less said about the entire process...

after having booked a cycus grey with them and being assured that the colour was in transit and would be delivered on a given date... i paid up an advance of 1 lac and a half for the assurance and went back to doing my thing.. a day before the delivery was scheduled, at 5 in the evening i rang the showroom/workshop at mathura road to ask if everything was happening
as per plan....(they hadn't contacted me till this point), i was assured that all was well. i then went onto say that i wanted to see the vehicle since, i'd not have time the next day before delivery as i was travelling out of delhi for the day and would come straight from the airport to pick her up.

this is when they got all coy and shy.... suspecting some nonsense, i hung up and drove straight to the showroom... surprise surprise, THERE WAS NO CYCUS GREY!!!! basically they had accomplished a fait accompli since there was a steel grey and a black and my choice was either like it or lump it.

given that i was travelling and that a trip with friends was planned over the weekend into the hills with kids and a group of other friends, i went ballistic and almost had a coronary while i chewed out the sales manager who had bent over backwards before the advance was signed over.

with no option at that point, after an hour of fuming and fretting, i asked for the black to be cleaned up and prepped for delivery the next evening.. to sweeten the deal, they offered to put in a particular model (Autocop COBRA) retail about 6.5k and throw in some rubber mats and flaps etc as freebies..

anyway, i slept over it and calmed down. travelled the next morning, had my wife meet me at the dealership as i got in from the airport... as we were signing over the rest of the documents, i asked to be shown the car as well as the remote locking. there came the 2nd 'little' surprise. the autocop on the vehicle was the most basic version of the system, mrp about 1800 inr.

the sales advisor actually went to the extent of saying, "sir kya farak padta hai, central locking hi to hai na? dono to ek hi kaam karte hain"

translated: sir, how does it matter, it's one and the same thing - it's still central locking and it does the same job right?

to this i actually managed a pretty smart reply which went in the general direction of, "i'll tell you what, why don't i drive out with a range rover rather than the safari that i paid for, since after all, they are still the same thing - an SUV with 4 wheels right?"

i'm not sure the sarcasm was understood by the dope.

this is when i completely lost it and went to the extent of tearing up a signed cheque in front of the sales manager. i then rang a friend who knows the owners of vivek. suddenly, 10k was discounted off the car, a promise to install the right model the next morning, a free 4th service and a major a$$ kissing session started...

i drove out with the vehicle at 8:30 pm after being assured that an engineer would be at my place by 10 the next morning to remove the present autocop, and replace it with the approved model.

guess what - nope nada and no. nothing materialised till i threatened to pull some severe strings and really give them something to worry about.

the icing on the cake was that when the registration certificate arrived, they held that back when my driver went to collect it, saying that an outstanding of 10k was due to vivek automobiles and only then would they release the rc!!!!!

they refused to acknowledge that this was a discount given by their own GM because of the fracas on the date of the delivery. i pulled some strings, some major threats were made and they backed down in a big hurry; sent me the new autocop, handed over the rc and from that day almost 6 months ago, i have never been back to vivek with ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTIONS of EVER going back. to h@%l with the 4th 'free' service.

the problem was not the money - it was the dishonesty and the complete disregard for ethics, decency and blatant lying that went on to hoodwink someone who's only mistake was taking them at face value and trusting them to be fundamentally honest.

i need to get to samyak since i believe they are really good... i would seriously recommend that you do the same 'cashless' service or not.

these guys are unscrupulous, thieving, lying and dishonorable service providers. giving them custom, allows them and their like to thrive and make a mockery of the service industry they inhabit.

i apologise for hijacking the thread, but i hope it makes future customers of vivek take notice and save them the heartache.

stay safe and drive sane.
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 17:23   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hmm very true. I think Ill go this weekend and have them bite the bullet too. (no pun Intented mate) This weekend there is going to be a liove firework show at Vivek. All are cordially invited. Anyway Ill post the updates here.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 00:37   #66
Senior - BHPian

How were the fireworks at Vivek over the weekend? Had a happy Diwali there? . I wish I would have done the same to them at the time of my buying my car!
Old 26th October 2008, 15:31   #67
BHPian

any update,have you got what all was promised by the dealer.
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 12:14   #68
Senior - BHPian

Well they wont let me light the fuse. They have requested for till Diwali due to heavy rush. Ill visit them ont he coming weekend and see what happens. Actually I cannot kick start myself into choicest abuses if the other person is very apologetic, even if its a fake apology.
But next weekend I think I would get either get those things or the mods will ban me for typing the update.
Old 27th October 2008, 13:44   #69
Senior - BHPian

Vikram bhai, should I also come with you to Vivek when you go to kick start things??
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 15:19   #70
Senior - BHPian

Most welcome. All you need is to kick, things will start auto. Plus an extra helping hand with abuses will come in handy. Ill call and tell you.
Old 28th October 2008, 06:35   #71
Senior - BHPian

Cool! Will wait for your call!! Venting some more obscenities is good exercise anyway!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 07:10   #72
Senior - BHPian

I cannot believe that after seeing the malpractices done to the car and still took delivery of it!
guess customers are encouraging such things in dealerships.:(
I never thought the guy will buy the same car afterwards!
even if they give whatever deal on that car ,you must not have done what just did.FIL can wait.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 20:37   #73
Senior - BHPian

Vivek Auto delivered my car with a tiny (10 mm) long crack in the windshield and my toolkit only had the wheel spanner and the jack (the towing hook, the hook for turning the jack and a screwdriver were missing). All this was noticed by me 1 week after taking delivery as I was very rushed those days, hence too late to complain officially. They definitely deserve to be shut down.

Last edited by architect : 28th October 2008 at 20:40.
Old 29th October 2008, 14:10   #74
BHPian

Why cant someone put forward a complaint to the company directly and the dealership for this guys should be cancelled
backrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 16:04   #75
Senior - BHPian

Guys the complaint was forwarded to company officials thanks to a fellow bhpian. The company representatives were also there. Moreover it were not the scratches that bothered me, it was their callous attitude. I can live with scratches as if a car is bound to be on road there would be minor issues. I am ok with it till they are not major ones.
I am not favouring the dealer. What happened can happen with anyone and at anytime. The way they tried to cover it up was bad. Hence had no problems accepting the car once they apologised for their behaviour and offered freebies as a goodwill gesture. But it was and is my personal opinion though you may differ.