Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 9th August 2008, 13:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default amazing experience of marutisuzuki aftersales service

On 29, 30 and 31st July, i was in pune.
On 30th, in the morning, when i started my alto lxi, i felt engine vibration. I opened bonnet, engine was vibrating beyond normal level. I sensed something wrong with engine. At that time, i continued my work.
I came back to Baramati on 1st Aug, went to maruti showroom i.e. MAHALAXMI AUTO in Baramati. This showroom has been started in APR 2008 only.
Servicemen at showroom checked the car throughly. They inspected spark plug, injectors but invain. They found that cylinder no 1 is not getting proper compression. Finally, they concluded that there may be valve problem and which has to be sorted out by opening cylinder head.
Cost will be some 4/5 k.
As my car was 22 months old and 37200 km run, It is still in warranty period. I asked the person to cover this repairmen under warranty. He was not sure if this comes under warranty. I told him that i will come back on Monday 4th Aug with my car and left that place.
Next day on Saturday, i mailed my problem to marutisuzuki.
On Sunday, maruti replied me saying that my query has been forwarded to concerned department and they will reply soon.
On Monday, call came from MAHALAXMI AUTO about bringing my car for repairmen. I told them that i am in touch with maruti about my problem and when i get some reply, i will come to showroom.
To my surprise, he told me that Mr.Ashutosh Saini from marutisuzuki have already instructed them to do the work under warranty and showroom is waiting for my car.
As there was rain on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in Baramati, i went to showroom with my car on Thursday.
On Friday evening i.e. yesterday, i got call from showroom that my car is ready for test drive. I test drived the car. Engine was running smoothly, vibrations reduced, pickup increased.
Engineer from showroom called Mr. saini about repairmen of car. I talked to Mr. saini and thanked him for this quick action. I thanked Mr. Deshmukh and Mr. Masud from Mahalaxmi Auto.
At the end, they handed over the car to me with gate pass and bill of rs. zero.

It was really quick service from maruti. They replaced all 12 valves and all gaskets. One valve was not working properly. Reason may be Ethanol in petrol. It was not my fault nor maruti's fault. Still , they had done the work showing care for customers.
This decades old company has millions of customer but they care for everyone.What i feel that if you put up your case at proper person with proper words, people will really help you.

note: mods , please relocate this thread if it is at wrong place.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 14:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ethanol did mess up with the valves of many vehicles and this trend was specially heaviely seen in Puen two wheelers and four wheelers.

You have received very prompt service. No wonder Maruti is rated high for both, customer satisfaction and A.S & S.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 23:58   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

someone please explain why a MPFI engine should have problems with ethanol?
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 00:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Alto is not E10 compliant, is it?

Experts, please tell me one thing. What all cars in India are E10 compliant or what cars are not?
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 07:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

I am sure NHC is. Becasue they advt as its E10 ready. Not sure of other models.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 08:00   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

AFAIK the problem is not just Ethanol but in the way the distribution companies have been mixing it. Three years back south Haryana area - fed from petrol bunks in Rewari - faced many complaints of engine and I remember getting at least two cars of our company for half engine overhaul - free under warranty at almost 40k odo - from Maruti.
The complaints were for all models and cars. The problems disappeared after a while. At that time the Maruti dealers sales guy shared this information with me on why all of a sudden they have been facing engine problems.
sudev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 10:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
someone please explain why a MPFI engine should have problems with ethanol?
I had problem in outlet valve of one cylinder.
I don't know, how ethanol causes problem to valves.
Can anyone explain?

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 10th August 2008 at 10:15.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote