Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 12th August 2008, 19:20   #1
BHPian

Default Hyundai I10 in a minor accident today - Bangalore

Folks,

On my way to work today, near Manipal Centre Signal, I saw an I10 parked and two autos behind it. I saw that a conversation was going on between the auto driver and another two/three persons. The persons were Hyundai Service fellows and there appeared to have been a minor accident. They were pointing to the left side of the car and talking (rear bumper maybe).
I opened this thread just so that if the owner of the I10 is on Team-BHP, he better know that his car was in an accident. I am assuming that it was given for a service of some kind. Going by the customer service I have received from Hyundai, I am not sure if the guys are going to tell the owner what happened. For all you know, they may repair the vehicle and deliver it as it didn't seem to be a major accident.
I have noted the registration number of the vehicle, but not sure if it can be posted here...not sure if I am in the right Forum too...Mods, please move if necessary.
Vivek.Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2008, 23:49   #2
BHPian

I am assuming that it was given for a service of some kind. Going by the customer service I have received from Hyundai, I am not sure if the guys are going to tell the owner what happened. For all you know, they may repair the vehicle and deliver it as it didn't seem to be a major accident.

Its happened with me too many years back when I had a ----car. I had given my car for servicing and during a test drive it was involved in an accident. But, accidents keep happening and you cant control it. So when you leave any car any make for servicing, you actually are leaving your car at your risk. Its true for any make or any manufacturer. I am sure Tbhp guys from this industry will vouch for it. Next time you leave your car for service read the fine print on your service contract sheet. Also, may be it was the dealership's own car for all you know! Seems like you've had a bad experience with the Hyundai dealers? Tell it out and lets see whether you get a reprieve. thats what team-bhp is for! keeping it for yourself will only make you write more such posts buddy!
Ciao
bimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 14:38   #3
BHPian

Do you work for Hyundai by any chance??
I mean, if there's a fine print on the service contract sheet, does it mean anything can happen? If the people who manufacture and sell the car cannot take good care of it, then there's something terribly wrong!
Why do we have to put up with this? When you say accidents happen and we cannot do anything about them, what if the owner of that car is a very good driver and has never had an accident? How would he feel if he knew that some bugger who wasn't careful dented his car?
The car in question was definitely a privately registered vehicle.
As for my experiences with Hyundai, the service was good until I paid the full amount and booked my Getz CRDi. After that, it was as if I was buying tomatoes from a road side shop! On the day of delivery, the executive didn't even wait till I started the car and moved, just handed me the keys and walked off! To top it all, Hyundai sends me a feedback form after a month, and when I vent out my frustration through it, they never bother to call back and find out what happened. Its been two months now...
Someone has to stand up and fight my friend
Old 13th August 2008, 16:20   #4
BHPian

Why don't you post the vehicle number here, atleast the last numbers and the series. It might help someone, other bhpians who are aware of the vehicle.
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 16:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Post the reg no. so that if the vehicle owner is a member/non-member he will come to know about the same. You can mask the area of regn. Eg: KA-XX-Aplhabet-number. It may help others.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 16:40   #6
BHPian

Surely, number is N-5859. Color is Electric Red.
Old 13th August 2008, 16:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.Martin View Post
Do you work for Hyundai by any chance??
I mean, if there's a fine print on the service contract sheet, does it mean anything can happen? If the people who manufacture and sell the car cannot take good care of it, then there's something terribly wrong!
Why do we have to put up with this? When you say accidents happen and we cannot do anything about them, what if the owner of that car is a very good driver and has never had an accident? How would he feel if he knew that some bugger who wasn't careful dented his car?
The car in question was definitely a privately registered vehicle.
As for my experiences with Hyundai, the service was good until I paid the full amount and booked my Getz CRDi. After that, it was as if I was buying tomatoes from a road side shop! On the day of delivery, the executive didn't even wait till I started the car and moved, just handed me the keys and walked off! To top it all, Hyundai sends me a feedback form after a month, and when I vent out my frustration through it, they never bother to call back and find out what happened. Its been two months now...
Someone has to stand up and fight my friend
The case I was pointing out is that its not right to pin point the dealer staff alone. They are human beings like you and me. Just imagine you have given your car for service and during the road test some one came and hit your car at a traffic signal. - That way all automobile dealers will have to stop road tests. I can understand if the dealer staff has damaged the car due to negligence or rash driving its a different story. I think we have had a Ford owner in the forum who has taken the dealer to task.
I dont work for any auto company, but I have learnt the art of putting myself in others shoe and thinking!! Try it & see things change in life.Ciao
bimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 01:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimi View Post
The case I was pointing out is that its not right to pin point the dealer staff alone. They are human beings like you and me.

If my car was in a mishap while with the garage, the garage HAS to fix the car to my satisfaction.

If not, I will make sure the company and the media hears about it. In other words, I will damage their reputation more than they damaged my car...

p.s. This has happened to me and I have got my car fixed.
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 10:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Default i10 - Safety flaw?!!

Is it true that i10 has no proper impact beam in the front?

Source :
Top Car: Hyundai i10:Rating and reviews SPEAK INDIA

Aahh these hyundai people...
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 10:31   #10
BHPian

Thumbs down

Off late Hyundai service standard has gone to dogs. Personal experience, bought the car three years back and took extended warranty. Now after three years the dealer and service center is unable to locate why the extended warranty is not reflecting in their system. Thankfully i have the documents to prove this.
From last 6 weeks the dealership is finding out what is the problem... i guess only in India they are able to get away like this.

Written so many emails, many phone calls to customer care, personal visits but nothing moves.

With increase in car sales due to first time buyers these guys are not bothered. The dealership in question is Modi Hyundai Thane.

Caveat emptor .... i guess.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2008, 14:50   #11
BHPian

Angry

I guess they are looking more at acquiring new customers than retaining the ones they have. Honestly, after the service I got from Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore, I really doubt I am going to buy a Hyundai car again. No doubt, some of their cars are good, but that is not the end-all of everything.
Hyundai, Its not enough to build good cars, learn to build good relationships!