Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 10th June 2009, 15:54   #16

Tomjoe, buddy, cool down awrite. TASC does give one some stories to relate, must say that. I used to give my car (Fiat Palio Stile 1.6) to Concorde at Sanathnagar. They are very haphazard, though. No follow ups, little commitment, and really slow. Did not like the experience with them. Knowledge left a lot to be desired as well. Went to Malik cars for the last two services, and for another problem (engine was missing). Knowledge ain't much better, but they are willing to listen to the customer, and are much more responsive. For example, on my suggestion (gleaned right here on TBHP), they traced the problem to a malfunctioning Air Temp sensor. They are also lax on the timeliness part though. Will not give them a 9, but then I gave Concorde a 3.5 (Tata Motors do call for feedback sometimes). Would rate them a 6/10. Full marks for sincerity though. Till I can find an even better TASC, my car is going to Malik.
anurag_p80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 14:34   #17
Default Malik Cars, Towlichowki: Follow-up

Originally Posted by tomjoe View Post
I beg to significantly differ from himanshugoswami on the service at Malik Cars, Towlichowki Hyderabad. Maybe his case was ok as he was there. What of those who can't be there? My experience (3 services, 2 body repairs) was never satisfactory.

The service advisors are pleasant but the knowledge and ability to diagnose a problem is below par. Yesterday, I went to complain for the nth time in 2 years regarding water leakage from 3 doors into the car during rain. I showed the advisor the areas and left for my work. A couple of hours later, he called to say he could not find any leak. I asked him to re-check. He then called to say 3 door beadings need replacement. Gave the go-ahead and his estimate was around 2600/-.

Later he called to say it will be approx 3000. Again said OK. Then he called to say it will be around 3300/-. Again I said OK. A couple of minutes after the last call, he called to say that the 4th door, which had no leak was now leaking - and so the 4 beadings needed to be replaced for approx 4400/-. I asked him how it was possible in a matter of 2 minutes. He said he "forgot to tell". So I told him that I am withdrawing the car. Went and picked it up.

The CR Manager too supported the Service Advisor saying its a small mistake. When I refused to continue there, the Manager told the Advisor that they will say that the customer is withdrawing because of he could not afford the cost!!!!

I have done my last 2 services at a local mechanic satifactorily. I made a mistake of going back to Malik. Never again!!! In addition, never buy a Tata product!!! I work for a Tata Company!!!
A follow-up on the issue I had with Malik Cars, Towlichowki and my Xeta: I took my car to my local mechanic in a village near HiTec City. He told me he was not sure it was the beading problem and said he would keep the car, discuss with a friend and see. He later called to say that the doors needed some positional adjustments which should solve the matter. It was done for Rs. 650/- (vs Rs. 4400 of Malik Cars) and after some workshop testing and 3-4 times "rain-testing", no water has leaked in and the problem looks solved!! He said it was a problem with many Indicas. Clearly, if I had changed the beading as advised by Malik Cars, the problem would have remained.
I had registered a complaint on the Tata Motors website - but no response...
tomjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 21:34   #18
Default Malik Cars - wrong diagnosis,Autofin - Rectifies

Malik cars has been a favorite to me and my MJD for the last 3 services and 21000kms until recently I was in for a surprise at their handling of a problem in my car.
When upshifting to 5th at 2200rpm,60kmph, from 4th,the engine does not respond suddenly ,when downshifted to and ACC pedal released it regains composure and begins to slowly pick speed.
When I took it to Malik,they said it was Accelerator sensor and cable issue and would replace under Warranty.But I had a hunch on it - 1.They sounded doubtful.2.They wanted the car in WIP for 4 days with no guarantee that the part would arrive in time.
I refused,took the car to Autofin,Bowenpally.They simply plugged the ECU and gave it to the mechanic after some beeps and tings.He ran it for 6 km touching 100kmph with rpm 2200 - 3500.The car simply pulled along without any fuss!.The car was back with me in 25 mins flat!
Now I realised that Malik cars are reputed,service oriented and good listeners but at the cost of poor knowledge base .
Autofin motors too are good,reputed but differ in Malik by that attitude and knowledge of diagnosing the problems.
Finally I would still go to Malik for service and the good rapport of the Fiat team.But would also go to Autofin for a second opinion or for a major repair and diagnosis.
Alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 18:52   #19

My Siena has done 72 k kms ( 1.6 elx) & - It had got body work done at Malik cars when the trailer met with a accident. The Malik cars bodywork is good & painting excellent but very poor on technical diagnosis & due diligence
The car is in need of the below works :
- Front brake pads change - squeaking sound has started & these are the 2nd set ( replaced at 45k kms)
- Rear Silencer pipe damaged - I saw a 2 inch by 1 inch hole in the pipe - Malik cars said entire mechanism needs to be replaced & will cost 8k - i said no way
- Central locking mechanism not working - problem with fuse - never got a callback for the replacement fuse
- Wipers not working - Malik cars said problem with the motor & said it would take 6k to replace the mechanism - i said no way

I am open to using a independent garage as long as the price is decent & mechanics knowledgeable. Except for the brake pads I dont think I should replace all other parts .
Any suggestions on where I should go ?
paharino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2010, 18:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Try New mars- PM bhpian Pulsar56 or mobike008 for contact details.
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2010, 13:58   #21
Default re:

I can give you a contact. The name of the person (Service advisor) is Balaji. His contact number is 8885000059. You can refer my name as "The indica Xeta guy -0826".
mohandas is offline   Reply With Quote