Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 25th January 2015, 12:53   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Mercedes S class owner goes to court after faulty headrests in S class.

One thing I have concluded. In Indian conditions, it is either the Japanese or the India manufactured vehicles which see through. Rest are prone to failures in some way or the other and there are just lots of reports of the same.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2015, 13:13   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Mercedes S class owner goes to court after faulty headrests in S class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
One thing I have concluded. In Indian conditions, it is either the Japanese or the India manufactured vehicles which see through. Rest are prone to failures in some way or the other and there are just lots of reports of the same.
It's not just in India where these German cars go wrong. Everywhere else too its the same story.

Read this article. Its just hilarious how these things go wrong.

http://dougdemuro.kinja.com/german-r...mer-1572026115
nakul0888 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2015, 19:38   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post

Read this article. Its just hilarious how these things go wrong.

http://dougdemuro.kinja.com/german-r...mer-1572026115
That article had me in laughing out loud for a good 10 minutes. Literally died laughing reading the following line:

Quote:
For proof, I start with my own experience owning German cars. I've owned eight, in total: one from every important German automaker, and also Volkswagen.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2015, 21:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
In addition to this, the lesser cost of spares of such cars, derived from higher economies of scale, is an important factor. This enables these companies to entertain warranty claims without much cost involvement, unlike for the European origin cars.

Last edited by rajeev k : 25th January 2015 at 21:16.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote