Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 25th January 2009, 15:24   #1
BHPian

Default Good / Bad / Ugly Service Stations

May be the title is too generic.. I'm hoping this would become a 1000 posts thread, with short reviews on service stations in major Indian cities. Please post, your own, genuine experiences only.

Pune -
"My Car" on NH4 is the best for getting your Maruti serviced. Good service at a reasonable price. Real value for money.

"Kotkar Auto" on Deccan does the best job, but is expensive. They would ask you to replace entire door, if you have a problem with the door handle.

"B.U. Bhandari" - Good service. Good price.

Need inputs on Novel Car Care on Paud road, Rambaug Colony, Kothrud. It's opp. Rupee Bank. Want to get my Maruti serviced, and My Car on NH4 is too far away :(
amu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 17:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Peninsular Honda TVM - Do not give your car for tinkering jobs on panels/paint. For mechanicals, no complaints so far. Careless with washing and thus generously gifts your car with swirl marks every service.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 18:19   #3
BHPian

Hercules Service Centre (Maruti), Vazhayila, Trivandrum.
Very good service. Got pickup and drop facility, which has been a boon for me
srijit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 19:11   #4

Hi

I have been giving my car for service at "Maruti Needs", Padi, Chennai. No issues with them as of today after my Maruti Wagon R Vxi - 65,000 KMS service
Cheers
Shankar
mjsraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 20:41   #5
Team-BHP Support

Nice thread.

In BLR, RNS Yeshwanthpur has done a brilliant job caring for my Swift. I strongly recommend it. A lot of TBhpians' Marutis go there for service as well.

I cant comment on other Maruti service stations in BLR since RNS has been keeping me happy enough to not consider any other. Although, I have heard - both on and off the forum, that Bimal is generally to be treaded cautiously: the disclaimer here is that this is only what I've heard - so its validity should not be taken at face-value.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 23:23   #6
BHPian

i have been going to Galaxy Automobiles (Tilak Nagar, New Delhi). its a maruti service master not the regular MASS. dedicated workmen and value their customers.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 03:53   #7
BHPian

Me dad bought two altos from VARUN MOTORS in HYDERABAD. He didn't check or anything. He just drove away with whatever they delivered. Both were in excellent condition with an odometer reading of less than 10 km. Maybe it was just luck or maybe this dealer really is safe...
nukeblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 13:35   #8
BHPian

An addition to my previous post. When we bought the altos, we sold our old indica and 800 through maruti true value.
However, VARUN MORTORS failed to change the registration of the vehicles. This resulted in my dad recieving challans home on cars that we didn't even have anymore. We needed to send photocopies of the sale receipt to the cops and all that. If you are selling at maruti true value - which incidentally, I don't think is a good option as you get much better returns outside, make sure they change the registration.
nukeblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 17:57   #9
BHPian

HMP Chennai is fantastic from a sales point of view. My verna is now 3 months old. The car arrived at the showroom within 2 days of booking and the entire sales and delivery process was fantastic. Hyundai really know how to take care of their customers.
Unfortunately I havent had the same "fun" with the service part. I took the car for its first free service with complaints about a very notchy gearbox, wheel alignment and suspension. Only the wheel alignment issue was fixed while the gearbox remained the same, the suspension got harder and the front console had started to rattle inside the car. Not to mention that they had made the interiors very dirty and not bothered cleaning it.
I took the car back and left it again after having to shout at them quite a bit. The gearbox is dreamy now, the suspension is far better and this time they took care to keep the car cleaner. Unfortunately they supposedly had worked on th rattling issues but now the interiors are worse. Not only the front console but i feel that even my left door is rattling away to glory. So this of course means one more trip down to the service center and this time I think I need to meet the service manager and not just the service engineer and give him a peace of my mind.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2009, 10:34   #10
BHPian

Default Trident Hyundai - JP Nagar and Yeshwantpur

Does anybody have something to tell about good / bad experiences with Trident Hyundai service centers at JP Nagar and/or Yeshwantpur?
coolfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2009, 18:17   #11
BHPian

For those who want to know more about HMP chennai, you can see my initial ownership reviews thread - my verna crdi sx abs. Have fun reading
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 12:02   #12
BHPian

I have been going to Spectra Motors in Borivali for the last 5 years. My experience has been good. They do a good job of servicing and my cars stay like new. Like any other service station, at times, they suggest some extra items (engine de-carburising, etc.) which I agree to some times and say a no other times. They can improve on the lounge area.
dushmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 12:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
I have been going to Spectra Motors in Borivali for the last 5 years. My experience has been good. They do a good job of servicing and my cars stay like new. Like any other service station, at times, they suggest some extra items (engine de-carburising, etc.) which I agree to some times and say a no other times. They can improve on the lounge area.
I have to agree with Dushmish here. Spectra does a good job. Personally I would recommend Rohan from Spectra motors! I make sure that my car is handled by him. Even Pravin Sawant is good. Although majority of staff has quit now (Mangesh and few more).

Laxmi motors in Mira Road is good. But i found it more expensive than SPectra. There was a gentleman called Manish with Laxmi who has moved to Fortue Motors Thane. He is GOOD!
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 12:36   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

For Hyundai. Khanna Hyundai (esp. the Chain Factory, Shastri Nagar facility) in Kanpur. Excellent work, decent pricing but not cheap. Mr Kailash Khanna is the heart of this an has been in the trade for over 50 years. You will still find him on the shop floor most of the time. Have an excellent body shop (located in the Panki site).
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 13:30   #15
BHPian

Spectra Ghatkopar is also good for maruti. They have done all 3 services on my car.

Looking for a good MASS or other for 15000 KM service in Pune, near Hdapsar or camp.
shabahmad is offline   Reply With Quote