Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 28th January 2009, 16:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Best M&M Dealership to buy a new Bolero - Bangalore

Guys,

I would like to know the best M&M dealership to get a good Bolero from. What are your experiences with India Garage/Palace road, Sireesh Auto and the others? Browsed through the posts here and didnt get to see anything on this manufacturer/product.

I understand that none of them may be good..how about a best of the worst comparison
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 16:36   #2
Team-BHP Support

Venky, however good the bolero may be -- can't visualize/comprehend you driving a bolero. Just don't go together. you would like a tour operator.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 16:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hahaha! Man, I began a thread so I can debate this with a few people...have a look: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...here-done.html

So. now - finally after 3 different cars in 2 years I think I got my heart and mind right. Hopefully. I plan to undertake a series of body mods + interior mods to ensure that I stand apart from the taxi guys from day 1. To start with the paint scheme of the thing! Josepeter's bolero is very tastefully done...and I plan to speak to him to get similar things done...have a look: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1111788 (Yet another modded Bolero!)

Now what do you think? If you still think otherwise, maybe you can give me a good name to start the taxi tour operator service with :P
Old 28th January 2009, 16:57   #4
Team-BHP Support

I have read that thread. Still -- you will look like 'jungle uncle' at best :-)

Come one man -- a Qualis/Bolero etc painted in whatever color still is a taxi operator. Be prepared for people waving you down at highways and all places and then cursing you when you don't stop.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 17:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

You know what - this is an ego versus cost saving trade off. And for the past few years I have been living with a very bloated ego and a very deflated bank balance.

Now, I would rather deflate the ego.

Ah, if I do want to inflate my ego, my garage still does possess:

1. Vintage Jawa 350 Twin
2. '59 Willy's aka Ol' lady aka Free Willy

PS: You took this thread as much OFF topic as you go OFF roading I hardly see any pictures of your gypsy on munnar OTR. Wish I could have made it.

Last edited by Red Liner : 28th January 2009 at 17:03. Reason: Jibe Khan a little more
Old 29th January 2009, 07:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

IMO since poor old Vijai Auto has closed down and gone to the great garage in the sky, India Garage St Marks Road and Sireesh Auto on Hosur Road are good options for Mahindra vehicle purchase.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 10:52   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
IMO since poor old Vijai Auto has closed down and gone to the great garage in the sky, India Garage St Marks Road and Sireesh Auto on Hosur Road are good options for Mahindra vehicle purchase.
When did Vijai Auto close down?
I thought they only moved their Mahindra service centre from Old Madras road to Bannerghatta road.

I'd recommend Vijai Auto. I had a pleasant buying experience.
Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 11:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Good...this Saturday I will be doing the rounds of "negotiation"...if anyone have any tips, contact points, or anything at all that you think would help me, please let me know. Round of "fizzy drink that makes you see things" on me!

Last edited by Red Liner : 29th January 2009 at 11:52. Reason: T-BHP ban on naming alcohol on the forum
Old 29th January 2009, 12:46   #9
BHPian

There used to be a Keshav at Vijai Auto (Koramangala Inner Ring Road showroom). He is very helpful.
Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 12:51   #10
BHPian

India Garage definitely sells more vehicles than Vijai or Sireesh or maybe both put together. But the customer service at India Garage is pathetic.
Rough Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 13:08   #11
jp1
BHPian

My first bolero was from India garage (2001) and 2nd one from Vijai (2006). Buying experience was better in Vijay as India garage was more obsessed with scorpio those days. I dealt with Keshav in vijai, nice person. For service, I felt it is better in India garage, but you have to book well in advance. I taken the vehicle to these guys for service only during warranty period. I take it to small workshops for routine maintenance work, it hardly requires any maintenance other than oil changes.
jp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 13:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Yeah...I am only worried about the "Warranty" period...
Old 29th January 2009, 19:34   #13
BHPian

So which one is closest to your place?

Discount wise, I don’t think any of these 3 Dealers offer much. You might get a corporate discount, and some more discount if you choose to go for an old model year one, say if they still have a 2008 manufactured vehicle in stock.

BTW, don’t show interest on a 2008 right from the start. Let it look a compromise that you make at the last moment, they would definitely push.

My advice, since you seem to know what you are getting. i.e you are buying a bolero for what it is. Shoot all those smooth talking – knowledgeable – friendly sales guys, select the dealer with the best service department, may the closest one. After all you have to meet them every 3 months for the next 1 year (that is the prescribed service interval).

Personally, I liked Vijay Auto bannergetta’s approach, they are courteous and knowledgeable, and sees upsizing and other modifications in a very practical way.
Sireesh, Hosur road, not bad, service is good, not as crowded as Vijay. India garage, the worst experience, yet to try their service dept, but from what I have seen, I might never go.
Spinnerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 21:51   #14
BANNED

Venky, Sireesh Auto has a dealership on Bellary Road as well, next to the Baptist Hospital. Give it a shot - where you buy from doesn't matter, where you service does.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:00   #15
Senior - BHPian

Yes, today I visited Sireesh as well. All these guys say no discount etc. So I need to figure out another way to eke discounts. I think Bolero is a well selling vehicle so these guys dont seem to be too bothered.

And Vijai Sales has closed down conclusively. I visited them this afternoon and they shooed me away.

Sireesh also mentioned to me that India Garage at St.Marks road might move to another location since there are some issues with the property (maybe the lease tenure is coming to an end?).

I might go back and re-negotiate with Sireesh. They are the closest since I stay @ RT Nagar. However, I will do another round of negotiations with them now.