Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 4th February 2009, 17:41   #46
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by condor View Post
I have already thrown light on this, that the choice is yours to accept his terms, or not to. Nobody has forced you to accept his terms. Nobody is forcing you to do business with a specific dealer. You are free to search for a dealer who's terms you like & are comfortable with.
I dont know where my previous post went..

The point is not whether i accept his terms or not. The point is whether his terms are legal or not. I cant put it more simpler then this.

Just because its printed on the form he got printed dosent make it legal.

Anyways thanks for your time. I think some others here understood what i was getting at. Sorry you couldnt get "my" point. Dosent matter anyways
BaldOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 14:05   #47

Originally Posted by vasanadusatish View Post
Hi marathp,
May be they are working at a low profile on a sunday. Check out on a working day, Or ask for a TD. I Feel there should not be a issue.
Well i dont know about how the TD's are done these days especially on Sundays.
I had booked a TD on a Sunday with the guys at Lathangi just before picking up the Fusion last month.It went on cool.
ssdubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 17:25   #48

When you checked if the showroom was open on Sunday , shouldn't you have checked if a TD vehicle would be available ? I would insist on TDing the exact variant that I intend to buy and would not mind waiting for a week.

Pls speak to the GM or any other senior person at the dealer.Things will change.
2theMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 23:26   #49

I can understand marath's sentiments but it'll be too immature to ridicule the dealer or Ford here, at least the person there iwas honest enough to nform that the cars are at service and are not available.

Maruti and Hyundai dealers are no better, when I was buying my Alto back in 2005 SAYA Autombiles salesman did not have a non PS Wagon R, he offered me a Wagonr lxi and told me saar same gaadi hai koi farak nahi hai and I was like whaaat??? In the most recent (this is hillarious), one of my freiends, who is a complete novice when it comes to cars, went to Himgiri Hyundai to test drive the Getz 1.1 ( since it's coming at 3.5L), the sales guy first brainwashed against it as it is supposed to be discontinued shortly and then pitched i10 kappa Magna, when my freind asked for a test drive he made him wait for an hour and then offered him a test drive in i20 1.2 and said " saar engine to same hai" , what would you say to such a guy IMO. The bottom line is play smart, try as many dealers you can and go with the one who gives you the best deal.
Dieseled is offline   Reply With Quote