Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 19th March 2014, 12:08   #151
BHPian

Default Re: *SCAM* Alert : Dealerships overcharging RTO / Road Taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Good to know that you are upgrading from Fabia to Rapid. I would suggest following:
Thanks for the wishes . I am one of the few happy customers of Skoda and hence this logical upgrade.

Quote:
1. Skip Skoda mats and rather get Kagu 3D mats. Ask dealer to reduce price of mats from Ex price.
2. Car waxing at workshop is of no good and they would rather add swirls to a brand new car even though worker doing it may be wearing 3M shirts. Skip it like a plague.
Even I am thinking of the same. They have to either give it for free or I will ask them to skip it. I am anyways gonna get 3D mats online. Also as you have mentioned, car waxing or coating is of no use.

Quote:
3. Get a quote from VW and try to pitch them against Skoda and both cars shall be almost equal. VW is anyday better, personal opinion.
I do not have a quote but I did talk to VW guys and I will have to bargain based on that. Also I do have the printed copy of the T-BHP monthly sales report which I hope will immensely help during bargain.
I understand that VW is better and premium but Rapid has a better ride quality and is VFM package. Also my dad is not ready to move out of Skoda.

Quote:
3. Try to get a corporate discount.
They do offer a corporate discount of 10k which I have not mentioned here.

Quote:
4. Do insurance on your own, that too zero dep. Would be cheaper than dealers quote. BajajAllianz & BhartiAXA are good companies.
My first preference would be to get Insurance and extended warranty for free and if they are not ready to offer that, I will be doing insurance on my own. But as far as I heard, they are ready to do insurance for free.

Quote:
5. If you have another Skoda dealer, try to get quote from him and pitch both dealers against each other.
Unfortunately it is a monopoly here in Chennai. Gurudev Motors is the only dealer.

Quote:
6. Dealers charge 15K extra for registration, call it convenience or agent fee. Tell them that you got quote from RTO directly and it turns out cheaper. Either match it or I will have registration myself or better ask them to match it if they want a booking.
This is the part which I am not sure how I am gonna bargain. I will try my best as suggested and also will try to pull few strings through known contacts.

Quote:
Lastly.
1. Purchase extended warranty. Better safe with Czeck.
2. Get extended roadside assistance 2+2 yrs. Had to do personal towing recently and cost almost turns out to be same even if used once.
Will definitely opt for extended warranty and roadside assistance
narsi_6989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2015, 12:14   #152
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread.

I'm in the process of buying a gear-less scooter for my father. Apropos to that, I visited the Honda for their Activa 3G and the TVS for their Jupiter. I have the quotations for both vehicles. The details of the quotations are outlined here under -

The Honda Activa 3G-
  • Ex showroom price - 51315/-
  • Insurance - 2226/-
  • Road Tax - 4492/-
  • Total - 58033/-
The TVS Jupiter-
  • Ex showroom price - 54530/-
  • Insurance - 1661/-
  • Road Tax - 4467/-
  • Total - 60658/-
Now as far as I know, the road tax in Maharashtra is 7% of the Ex showroom price, which comes at Rs 3592/- for the Activa 3G and at Rs 3817/- for the Jupiter.

Same is for Insurance. The rate at which insurance on ex showroom price is calculated is 4.34% for the Activa 3G and 3.05% for the Jupiter.

My father has finalized on the Jupiter. How do I go ahead with the purchase without being fleeced?
Swapnil4585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2017, 13:56   #153
BHPian

Unable to pay bribe, man leaves new bike at RTO office in Thiruppur

Now, I wonder what the RTO would do in this case? Register a case with the police for a lost and found vehicle?

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/b...1/1011151.html
swissknife is online now   Reply With Quote