Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 290 83.33%
No 58 16.67%
Voters: 348. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24th December 2013, 15:48   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Clutch O/H for 2004 WagonR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Please see the estimate for the same and advice whether the rates indicated are reasonable or not.

Clutch Plate: 1200/-
Pressure Plate: 1000/-
Clutch Bearing: 600/-
Flywheel: 800/-
Flywheel bearing: 150/-
Clutch cable: 250/-
Labour: 1300/-
The rates are absolutely fine. I am sure they will charge you for the parts as per MRP on the Genuine Part(s). So nothing to worry there. In fact the labor is also very reasonably charged for the clutch job.

For the F10D Model, I would insist if you can check with them to install Ceekay instead of VALEO. Normally, you get 2 options to replace the OE clutch when it comes to the F10D. So see if you can get Ceekay and if not, you are still good with VALEO too.

Personally, I have found Ceekay doing a better job than the VALEO.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2013, 16:27   #347
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

I had gone for servicing my of Swift VDi on 14th Dec.
Place : Vitesse Prabadevi.

I reached there at sharp 9 am and the vehicle was soon taken in for service after the paper formalities.

The car has clocked around 35k kms. Oil change, EGR Cleaning and some basic stuff is advised.

Estimated cost given in Rs 12k.

The service starts and I do my usual rounds around the car and sitting area.

The EGR is done using some machine. I prefer to stay near the car, but am advised to be in the waiting area.

Around 1 pm the service is complete and the car is ready to be delivered.

The SA starts to explain the charges.

I ask to describe the charges for EGR. He says that all the pipes and components used and changes are charged. Now, this process is not at all followed as I had seen them doing EGR, nothing was removed, except for the engine cover.
I ask him to check with the mechanic.

The SA comes after 20 mins saying that the other process was followed and none of the components we removed/changed. The charges are reduced. I was furious that I was being charged for something which was not done. If I were not to check, then I would have paid much more.

I demand to see the manager and to complaint this.
I talk to the manager and he apologies and we move ahead with the bill.

One more thing I see, “Intercooler cleaning”..!!

Me : "Where is the intercooler?"
Manager: "Is just behind the bumper."
Me : So do you guys take out the bumper completely to clean it?"
Manager : "Yes Sir"
Me : "Can you show me the intercooler?"

We move towards the car, SA opens the bonnet and points towards the intercooler.
SA : "Sir, this is the intercooler"

I don’t see any marks on the screws on bumper, the intercooler pipes, no where.. In fact, the intercooler itself is covered with dust.

Me : "Is it really cleaned? I don’t see any hints/marks of the stuff here being moved/removed"
Me : "Do you guys just blow air thru this an charge the customer Rs 1600??"
SA : "Sir I'll check with the mechanic"

In the mean while the manager comes and sees the same, there is a embarrassed look on his face.
By now it’s easy to understand that the intercooler has not been touched, forget about cleaning.

The SA comes after 20 mins, with a new bill.
The new bill, Rs 1.5k for EGR (instead of 4k, charged previously), and nothing mentioned about the Intercooler.

The total comes roughly around Rs 8,300/-

I pay the bill and leave in frustration

While leaving, the SA gave a microfiber cloth, as a gesture of goodwill.

This is how a normal person is literally fooled at the service stations.
I had least expected this at Vitesse, Prabadevi Service Center.

I would suggest to take a detailed look at the bill, and verify the work personally at the service center.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2013, 22:45   #348
Senior - BHPian

The reduced bill also looks expensive. Can you post the breakup?

Got my SX4 Serviced at a service center nearby. Had a good experience overall. Of course the hospitality at the ASC was missed but work done was beyond the level of ASC. They looked into all minor aspects and got things done well. Since clutch was hard I advised to change the brake/clutch fluid and bleed the lines. Now it is back to its soft nature and gear shifting has also become back to normal. One of the calipers had jammed due to non usage and they cleaned that too. Pins were greased and no extra charges for the grease

Overall bill was as follows:
Labour for paid service - 1000
Oil filter - 100(MGP)
Engine oil - 1200(MGO- Shell)
Brake fluid - 250 MGP

Totally it was some 2600 which was okay with me. Since they had only 10W40 oil in stock I purchased MGO from a nearby MGP outlet and gave them the oil. Hence I paid MRP for the oil.

However, whether I will completely stay away from ASC is not possible. These folks are best suited for routine maintenance. They know the common procedures, parts and they excel in this regard. But if I go to them for a specific issues, they wont be the best persons to solve issues. Especially when it comes to non generic parts and components, the manufacturer would have revised the parts from time to time even if the model remains the same. Such things are only documented in parts catalogues, service manuals etc which arent accessible by these people.

For example, even though this garage I visited serviced a lot of premium cars, and they had another SX4 for service too, they didnt know that the required grade of engine oil was 5W30. Similarly, suspension components, transaxle components, electrical components are regularly revised by the manufacturer. Without that information, we could end up with the wrong parts being fitted into the car.

Hence I have decided to use the services of MASS regularly, and if I have a minor issue or an annual service, I will go the FNG way. Every two years or 20k kms, I will send the car to ASC.
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2013, 16:59   #349
BHPian

Hello BHPians, could use some urgent help here.
My 2009 Maruti Ritz Vxi completed 4 years on 21 st December. I am planning to go in for the fourth year service. The service centre in question is the MSM Auto Team, Padivattom, Cochin. Last week I did drop in for a detailed quote for the 4yr/40000 km service and this is what I got. Now that the car is completely out of warranty, I am planning to,service it only once a year from now on. So I thought it would be wise to change over to Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil. I have been using castrol magnatec if I am right for the past four years which is of the mineral variety. The odo currently stands at 26,257 km as is indicated on the information display. Its a low running car as is obvious from the reading with an average annual running of only 6500 kms. I would like to have opinions and advices from fellow bhp ians especially the Cochin bhp ians familiar with Auto Team. The following list is completely in accordance with what is indicated in my service manual. So Here goes the quote. :
Engine Oil (Mobil 1 fully synthetic 0W40 grade @ Rs1225/ litre) - 3920/- for 3.2 Ltrs
Oil Filter - 90/-
Engine coolant - 235/-
Spark Plugs - 60/-
Element Air Filter - 195/-
Fuel Filter - 299/-
Clutch Fluid - 155/-
Brake Fluid - 250/-
Paid Service - 1010/-
I plan on getting wheel balancing/ alignment done from outside. Now, does this quote seem fine?, especially the,engine oil part. Is the price correct? I do not have any experience with synthetic oils. Also is it advisable to shift to synthetic oil ?
Also there are a couple of issues/niggles :
1. The EPS is a bit on the tighter side even at parking speeds. I am suspecting it to be low on PS fluid. Need to get it checked during service.
2. There is an irritating khat-khat or rather a tak-tak sound from the front left suspension. Shocks ? Struts? Joints? Need advice on this one.
Apart from these, touchwood, the car is running absolutely fine. The K12M is getting sweeter with every passing day and i am definitely enjoying every bit of it. Thanks in advance.
aswin ajith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2013, 00:05   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin ajith View Post
So Here goes the quote. :
Engine Oil (Mobil 1 fully synthetic 0W40 grade @ Rs1225/ litre) - 3920/- for 3.2 Ltrs
Oil Filter - 90/-
Engine coolant - 235/-
Spark Plugs - 60/-
Element Air Filter - 195/-
Fuel Filter - 299/-
Clutch Fluid - 155/-
Brake Fluid - 250/-
Paid Service - 1010/-
Quote is decent and priced well. Go ahead.

Quote:
I plan on getting wheel balancing/ alignment done from outside. Now, does this quote seem fine?, especially the,engine oil part. Is the price correct? I do not have any experience with synthetic oils. Also is it advisable to shift to synthetic oil ?
Synthetic engine oil gives the engine smoother feel and to my experience I find the NVH levels lower. I do recommend the synthetic oil if your OK with the costs. Price also is fine - I paid 2970.17 for 15W40 synthetic oil (For my Ritz VDi). You can shift to synthetic once the car has covered 25-30K kms but now a days certain cars get synthetic oil filled from factory.

Quote:
1. The EPS is a bit on the tighter side even at parking speeds. I am suspecting it to be low on PS fluid. Need to get it checked during service.
May be due to lack of lubrication. Get it checked and changed if needed.

Quote:
2. There is an irritating khat-khat or rather a tak-tak sound from the front left suspension. Shocks ? Struts? Joints? Need advice on this one.
Check the bushes and springs and if any play is witnessed in the wheels and joints.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2013, 20:39   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is an irritating khat-khat or rather a tak-tak sound from the front left suspension. Shocks ? Struts? Joints?
The sound may be due to suspension lower arm. If the issue is with suspension it will be reproduced even when vehicle is stationary on pushing down left side.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2014, 15:25   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
The sound may be due to suspension lower arm. If the issue is with suspension it will be reproduced even when vehicle is stationary on pushing down left side.
Yes, I am definitely getting that clunky sound when the vehicle is stationary and I push the suspension up and down. Its not a khat khat sound rather its a clunk clunk sound. Is this something serious? I am yet to take it for service. Was out of station for few days.
Old 5th January 2014, 18:24   #353
BHPian

Quote:

I have a similar kind of doubt. We own a Swift VXi (2010 make, done 21K kms). The front suspension (mostly left side) makes a khat-khat/clanking sort of noise on bad roads. The sound is made only if the vehicle is turning on bad roads. It is rare if the front wheels are in a straight position. This was pointed out to the service center earlier, but they couldn't diagnose it. Any pointers on what it could be? The next service is due in March, maybe I will ask the service center again about the issue.
AkMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2014, 19:08   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
I have a similar kind of doubt. We own a Swift VXi (2010 make, done 21K kms). The front suspension (mostly left side) makes a khat-khat/clanking sort of noise on bad roads. The sound is made only if the vehicle is turning on bad roads. It is rare if the front wheels are in a straight position. This was pointed out to the service center earlier, but they couldn't diagnose it. Any pointers on what it could be? The next service is due in March, maybe I will ask the service center again about the issue.
Can you check the ball joint or any kind of rusts in the suspension area lastly any parts that are rubbing against the body/each other other.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2014, 20:49   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Its either the Stabiliser or the caliper pins which need greasing. NO biggie.
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2014, 21:16   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
I don’t see any marks on the screws on bumper, the intercooler pipes, no where.. In fact, the intercooler itself is covered with dust.
I once had a MASS charge for distilled water as wiper fluid when the fluid reservoirs were completely empty; the incident was in about 2005-2006. It never happened again though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Hence I have decided to use the services of MASS regularly
MASS does the servicing really well because they see barely half a dozen different kinds of vehicles for every single day of the year, and most of the vehicles are the Swift variants (LDi/VDi/ZDi/LXi/VXi/ZXi, with/without/half-sized boot, pre/post facelift).

Quote:
I am planning to,service it only once a year from now on.
Vehicle manufacturers provide a service interval in both kilometers (or miles, as the case may be) and months, so you would have to get your vehicle serviced more than once a year. I think the service interval is 3-6 months for most vehicles so you would require servicing at least twice a year. Some parts get degraded when exposed to the summer heat (I had a melted steered wheel!).
k_nitin_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2014, 22:59   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Vehicle manufacturers provide a service interval in both kilometers (or miles, as the case may be) and months, so you would have to get your vehicle serviced more than once a year. I think the service interval is 3-6 months for most vehicles so you would require servicing at least twice a year. Some parts get degraded when exposed to the summer heat (I had a melted steered wheel!).
Yes you are absolutely right. Even otherwise service,interval for Marutii Suzuki is 1 Yr/ 10000 km whichever is earlier as indicated in the manual. My average annual running is just 6500km. Its mainly,used as a weekend car,not a daily drive.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th January 2014 at 23:09. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 7th January 2014, 22:07   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I am definitely getting that clunky sound when the vehicle is stationary and I push the suspension up and down. .
As other members mentioned it can be an issue with break calipers. To make it out you need to keep the wheel turned in maximum position in such a way that inside of the wheel is exposed. Then try pushing the disk break assembly, if it is a caliper issue you will be able to hear the sound.

For lower arm issue you are most likely to hear a metal against metal rubbing sound.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 18:28   #359
BHPian

Got my Alto K10 20K service done at UM motors Old airport road. Breakup as follows

Shell HX5 AZ 5W30 3L can - 966 (I bought this separately)
Labour - 1200 odd
Oil filter - 80
gear oil - 800
coolant - 250
Brake fluid - 150
Grease/distilled water etc - 200 odd
Tax was another close to 200 odd

UM motors as an outfit is professional and gets the job done on time. As usual I was present while they got the job done.

Another thumbs up for the affordable cost of ownership for Alto
hothatchaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 21:42   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Got my Alto K10 20K service done at UM motors Old airport road. Breakup as follows
That's adding up to almost 4K. Not exactly cheap for an A segment car IMO. Do look up the service costs of the Etios/Liva for comparison.
isiv is offline   Reply With Quote