Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 292 83.43%
No 58 16.57%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19th October 2015, 21:04   #556
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Posting this info for the benefit of fellow Ritz Owners.

My friend and BHPian sumitsinha0280 owns a Ritz ZXi and its blower was too noisy. Most of the greedy MASS and dealers quoted anything from Rs.1100 to Rs.1400 for the blower job. They were telling that the entire dash needs to be taken out to access the blower.

However at the MASS which I visit, they quoted Rs. 100 as the labour job and no dismantling of dash.
To all Ritz owners- No dismantling is required ,despite the blower being at a tricky location. It can be easily accessed by removing the clutch pedal, and that's how the job was done in my friend's car. Please don't let the mechanics fool you!!.

100 bucks for a blower cleaning job is ultra cheap IMO!!

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-img20151017wa0048.jpg

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 19th October 2015 at 21:24.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2015, 22:58   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
They were telling that the entire dash needs to be taken out to access the blower.

However at the MASS which I visit, they quoted Rs. 100 as the labour job and no dismantling of dash.
Is this 'blower' that you are referring to, is the A/C blower?

If yes, then isn't located behind the glove box? I thought that is a standard position for most cars!
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2015, 23:05   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is this 'blower' that you are referring to, is the A/C blower?

If yes, then isn't located behind the glove box? I thought that is a standard position for most cars!
Yes Sir, it is the A/C blower which I am referring to, and it wasn't located under the glovebox. It was accessed from the driver's side footwell, by removing the clutch pedal. This isn't the case with other cars like Wagon-R and Swift which have their blower below the glovebox.

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-img20151019wa0064.jpg

Regards,
Shashi

Edit- Please have a look at the links below about the strange location of Ritz's blower

1. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3033547 (Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review)

2. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3137106 (Odd sound from Air-con vents)

Last edited by Leoshashi : 19th October 2015 at 23:10.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 15:57   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

This rubber cap is from the head-lamp of my A-Star. Is this common to other Maruti models that use a H4 bulb ?

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-dsc_1008.jpg

I am searching for a pair of these. The MASS guys told me that this is not available separately.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 16:25   #560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
This rubber cap is from the head-lamp of my A-Star. Is this common to other Maruti models that use a H4 bulb ?

Attachment 1429527

I am searching for a pair of these. The MASS guys told me that this is not available separately.
From the size of it, I am more than sure its common across most of the Models with H4 Set-up.

I have done DIYs in SX4, WagonR and Swift and by looks of it, I can tell that this part/cap will be common across the models.

Let me see if I can get a part number for this. Wondering why anyone would not sell this separately. You cant spend on a whole headlight unit just for the rubber cap.

Can you call up MGP Stores and enquire?

ESSARR AUTOMOTIVES
Type :MGP Retail Outlet
111/1,
HOSUR MAIN ROAD,
Bangalore,KARNATAKA
Ph:08041108413

NEMA AUTO SPARES
Type :MGP Retail Outlet
59, St. Johns Church Road,
Cleveland Town,
Bangalore,KARNATAKA
Ph:08042032868

NEMA AUTO SPARES
Type :MGP Distributor
78, 5th Cross, SSI Area,
5th Block, Rajaji Nagar,
Bangalore,KARNATAKA
Ph:08023101014

Popular Auto Dealers Pvt. Ltd.
No 40-41, Manjunatha Layout,
Dental College Road, Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore,KARNATAKA
Ph:08040980501

Essarr Automotive
No. 19/1-2, 1st Floor,,
H. Siddaiah Road,,
Bangalore,KARNATAKA
Ph:08022110965

Nema Auto Spares
No.8, Hosur Bye Pass Road, Near Tata Steel Yard,,
Doorvaninagar Post, Vijinapura Taluk,,
Bangalore,KARNATAKA
Ph:08032400428

The List is not updated on the site but there is a branch of ESSAR near KR Road which should work closer for you.

Even enquiring at one of the places, you will know if anyone else has stock as its a single database they will all refer to and will be able to tell you who else in Bangalore have it if not them.
paragsachania is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 16:35   #561
Distinguished - BHPian

Parag, can you check your Wagon-R ?

this is the number on the piece: 99226-80008

Will check at the shops. For such small items, easier at the shop.

Me thinks that this is not a regular moving item, hence may not be available easily. Just like many other small parts that dont fail / break / wear-out regularly.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 16:40   #562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Will check at the shops. For such small items, easier at the shop.

Me thinks that this is not a regular moving item, hence may not be available easily. Just like many other small parts that dont fail / break / wear-out regularly.
Sure, Let me go home, pull out the cover, take a pic and share. I am more than sure that its the same part. Would take some time as I am here in EC while the WagonR is on the other end .

And yes, you are right - not a fast moving part. I haven't replaced this in my WagonR since past 8+ years and the rubber hasn't shown any signs of cracks or wear.
paragsachania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 16:47   #563
BHPian

Having owned a Swift for past 6 years and covering 1 Lac kms, and getting it serviced regularly from authorized service centers, I can say that the Maruti Authorized Service Centers are expensive when it comes to maintaining ones car in comparison to a competent independent workshop. The problem is getting a good independent workshop, workaround to this is - get to know ones car better and the good thing is that the most of the genuine parts are easily procurable from independent shops.
invincible7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 17:57   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Sure, Let me go home, pull out the cover, take a pic and share. I am more than sure that its the same part.
Checked in my Swift and the part number is 1647-06-00.

Here is a picture:

Name:  ForumRunner_20151020_175618.png
Views: 1054
Size:  415.4 KB

Thought it was common in all H4 equipped cars.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 18:28   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thought it was common in all H4 equipped cars.
Anurag, thanks ! Looks pretty much the same. This is not on all H4-based lamps, but looks more a Maruti part.
Old 20th October 2015, 21:23   #566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anurag, thanks ! Looks pretty much the same. This is not on all H4-based lamps, but looks more a Maruti part.
And here's from Ertiga and WagonR. (I forgot which one belongs to Ertiga or WagonR ☺)

Like I was mentioning earlier, no change.

Rest assured, you can pick this for any Model and this will work for your A-Star which has a H4 Set up too.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-1445356356095.jpg  

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-1445356377391.jpg  

Old 21st October 2015, 07:16   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And here's from Ertiga and WagonR. (I forgot which one belongs to Ertiga or WagonR ☺)
Parag, thank you ! That really makes things simpler. While I had suspected this part to be common for the H4 based lamps, you (and Anurag too) helped to dispel any doubts.

Btw, did you put the correct one back to each of the cars ?
Old 21st October 2015, 09:42   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Btw, did you put the correct one back to each of the cars ?
LOL, actually I don't know cos I washed both before clicking the pic as there was dust on it but did remember one had N2 and other N6 in it and by the end of it, I forgot which one belonged to WagonR or Ertiga.

Both fit perfectly well back into the respective cars and it was also difficult for me to check from wear and tear as to which one looked new vs old.

At least this confirms that the part is indeed common. Will update you on what we discussed yesterday over tge text mesaage after I get leads today.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 07:31   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL, actually I don't know cos I washed both before clicking the pic as there was dust on it but did remember one had N2 and other N6 in it and by the end of it, I forgot which one belonged to WagonR or Ertiga.
It will be same for at least the currently selling Marutis and most of the clear lens versions of headlamp. The cover is meant for the bulb mounting area and the locking tabs. Since they are common for H4, there wont be any change in the rubber seal except maybe for very minor revisions related to some extra tab here and there or maybe the material.

It will be a tough time to find this though. But the question I have is why it needs to be changed?
audioholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 08:25   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
It will be same for at least the currently selling Marutis and most of the clear lens versions of headlamp. The cover is meant for the bulb mounting area and the locking tabs. Since they are common for H4, there wont be any change in the rubber seal except maybe for very minor revisions related to some extra tab here and there or maybe the material.

It will be a tough time to find this though. But the question I have is why it needs to be changed?
I know the reason why the cover is needed. Remember we discussed few days back how it is different in few other brands that necessitates cutting of this cover in case you install a kit? Hence, even before I opened I knew it would be same for H4 Set up.

In a way, this cover prevents water enetering the internal area which otherwise has the Bulb holder and the tab and can easily be vulnerable to invite water inside either during wash of very heavy rains when water tries to enter engine bay area from underneath.