Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 339 83.70%
No 66 16.30%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11th October 2017, 13:39   #706
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
It is interesting to note that Benaka motors charge significantly less for the same item.
This is because Surakshaa car care is a Dealer ASC while Benaka motors is not. Benaka as I know is only a MASS.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...workshops.html (An insight into Maruti's After-sales network: Different types of workshops)

Quote:
4. Maruti Authorised Service Stations: In simple terms, these are FNGs, with Maruti's authorisation. Categorised as A, B, C & D depending on their performance, feedback, equipment list, etc.
Positives:
- Labor rates are the cheapest.
- Usually don't make a fuss about customer standing near the car, and they often lack a swanky customer lounge
- Small jobs like SDT checkup aren't charged. Lesser people means you can often make friends with key people and that gives a huge benefit.
- No useless services offered, or useless bill inflation
- Don't usually make a fuss if you bring your own oil.

Negatives:
- Customer lounge isn't that great.
- Mostly unorganised. Can trigger people with OCD.
- Can't do warranty replacements, unless approved by regional office.
- Can't service NEXA cars
- Special jobs like RFID replacement, immobiliser programming cannot be handled by them
- Records aren't centralised. You'll need to preserve that bill.

Last edited by paragsachania : 11th October 2017 at 13:41.
paragsachania is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 19:27   #707
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted yes.

A routine Oil change service for a petrol A-Star goes for 4500. Oil + service charges is ok. Then they put in their favorite charges about brakes ( front & rear ). This does not even include new air filter.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2017, 19:53   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Voted yes. However I am on the borderline. I think a few tweaks could make me sway towards no.

I recently got my A-Star serviced at Surakshaa Bommanahalli and paid the below for labour including taxes :

2. Brake cleaning : Rs.620

Item 2 has me confused. I do not understand why they charge extra for cleaning the brakes! It is a basic task.
Quote:
Here is a table that lists the amount spent on brake cleaning and caliper greasing so far :
Attachment 1684349

It is interesting to note that Benaka motors charge significantly less for the same item.
Charging for brake cleaning is a scam which is used to inflate the bill during service. As mentioned by me earlier:
  • Front Brake Cleaning is part of paid service. Reason: They remove the front wheels for inspection. The so called brake cleaning is nothing but taking out the brake pads and rubbing them with sand paper. Some mechanics will just rub the disc and it is done. I have witnessed this personally and I have put my foot down to remove these charges.
  • Brake Cleaning is chargeable only if you opt to get the rear drums cleaned. This is a laborious job as it involves opening the rear drums and cleaning the brake shoes. So if you opt for this then and only then pay for brake cleaning. Again these charges are less than 500 bucks. Rear drums don't require cleaning that often.
  • So the scam is they will just rub your front discs or brake pads with sand paper (which is completely worn out) and they will charge you for cleaning both the front and rear brakes.
  • Another linked scam with this is charging for caliper pin greasing. It is a 2 min job and nothing extra is done, as removing the front wheels for brake inspection is a part of paid service. All that is done is remove one bolt, take out caliper pin, grease it, put it back and tighten the bolt. The service center will slap 300 rs + taxes for this job.
  • So if you are aware you can prevent 1000 rupees + taxes from being added to your bill.
I request all the teambhpians to stand against this scam of brake cleaning and caliper pin greasing.

Last edited by PraNeel : 24th October 2017 at 19:56.
PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote