Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships


View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 363 84.22%
No 68 15.78%
Voters: 431. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2017, 11:21   #721
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 3,271
Thanked: 6,292 Times
Default Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Few Points about Maruti Service :

1. Spare parts price of Maruti petrol cars are very reasonable.

2. The Labour charges are very expensive in Tier A cities. There is around 1000 rs difference in Tier A and Tier C cities in case of S-Cross.

3. If you follow only the jobs mentioned in owners manual, the charges would be reasonable. Do not let your SA push for unwanted jobs.

4. Escalation Matrix is very good in Maruti. You can contact the TSM directly. His contact details would be put up in customer lounge.

5. Nexa service centres are getting opened up. They are not exclusive for Nexa cars. Any Maruti car could be serviced here.
Dr.Naren is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 11:00   #722
BHPian
 
abhi3284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 155
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Guys,
Recently got the 80K Kms Service done for my Ritz D. The total Bill Amount came to 8410 /- excluding Oil, Oil Filter and Air Filter, which i declined stating will do on my own. Attaching the Service Invoice. Does it look OK or anything overcharged or unnecessary?

a) Is the "Front Brake Caliper Assy" and "All Brake Check and Clean" Labour Charges of 500 and 375 justified? Or should it be part of Paid Service Labour?

Another Issue is that i was getting some suspension noise when going over Speed Breakers or Rough Roads and had informed the SA to check during Service.
After Inspection, the SA got back saying that the Suspension Link Rods needs Replacement as well as a couple of other Suspension Components that he has mentioned in the "Recommendations" Section in the Bill. As he said Link Rods were critical to be replaced, went ahead with that. Still i do get some suspension noise while going over Bumps.

a) Are the Suspension Components mentioned in the "Recommendation" Section necessary to be replaced?
b) What is the normal life of these Suspension Components? Checking previous Bills, the Suspension Link Rods were replaced at 46000 Kms but they were covered under EWR. Checking the last Service Bill of 70K Kms, the Stabilizer Bush was replaced as well.

Kindly review and advice.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-chowgule-80k-servicing-bill_1.jpg  

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-chowgule-80k-servicing-bill_2.jpg  

abhi3284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 15:22   #723
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: JH01/JH05
Posts: 2,110
Thanked: 11,862 Times
Default Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Guys,
Attaching the Service Invoice. Does it look OK or anything overcharged or unnecessary?

a) Is the "Front Brake Caliper Assy" and "All Brake Check and Clean" Labour Charges of 500 and 375 justified? Or should it be part of Paid Service Labour?
Did you ask for overhauling the front caliper, or was their any issue?? It seems they have overhauled one side caliper, cleaning pistons etc.

All Brake clean and check(except drum brake cleaning) is a part of the Paid service charge. That IMO has been charged extra.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 30th December 2017 at 15:23.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 17:31   #724
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 3,271
Thanked: 6,292 Times
Default Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
a) Are the Suspension Components mentioned in the "Recommendation" Section necessary to be replaced?.
They are suspecting front struts and lower arm for the noise. I am not sure about Ritz, but in SX4 lower arm bush is not available separately. I had to replace the lower arm. Check for any oil leaks in the strut. If there is leak, it has to be replaced.
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 18:40   #725
BHPian
 
abhi3284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 155
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Did you ask for overhauling the front caliper, or was their any issue?? It seems they have overhauled one side caliper, cleaning pistons etc.
All Brake clean and check(except drum brake cleaning) is a part of the Paid service charge. That IMO has been charged extra.
I did not ask for any overhaul. I will check with them regarding Brake Clean and Check.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
They are suspecting front struts and lower arm for the noise. I am not sure about Ritz, but in SX4 lower arm bush is not available separately. I had to replace the lower arm. Check for any oil leaks in the strut. If there is leak, it has to be replaced.
The SA did not mention about any leak but said there is some Play developed in the suspension.
Thanks.

Last edited by ampere : 30th December 2017 at 19:19. Reason: Compacted post
abhi3284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 22:18   #726
Newbie
 
flying_spur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

I recently got my Celerio serviced at 25k kms at a MASS. The total cost was ~6k. The service cost is definitely high for a hatchback.
flying_spur is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 06:50   #727
Distinguished - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,371
Thanked: 4,317 Times
Default Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_spur View Post
I recently got my Celerio serviced at 25k kms at a MASS. The total cost was ~6k. The service cost is definitely high for a hatchback.
Service interval is every 10K kms, right?! So, was this a annual service or are you doing it at every 5K kms?
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 07:02   #728
BHPian
 
pedrolourenco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Margao, Goa
Posts: 785
Thanked: 489 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Service interval is every 10K kms, right?! So, was this a annual service or are you doing it at every 5K kms?
Service is 10K or 1 year. However dealers tell people that it's 5K or 6 months. Most people don't bother to check the owners manual. Even if you do they tell you that Maruti has sent a circular that the car has to be brought in every 6 months of 5K kms. Again no one demands to see the circular. I demanded and when they couldn't produce the circular I threatened to report it to Maruti. Hearing this they did the service Free of Cost.
pedrolourenco is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 07:54   #729
Newbie
 
flying_spur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Service interval is every 10K kms, right?! So, was this a annual service or are you doing it at every 5K kms?
Yes, this was an annual service. My car had completed 5k kms for the entire year.
flying_spur is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 10:19   #730
Distinguished - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,371
Thanked: 4,317 Times
Default Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Service is 10K or 1 year. However dealers tell people that it's 5K or 6 months. Most people don't bother to check the owners manual. Even if you do they tell you that Maruti has sent a circular that the car has to be brought in every 6 months of 5K kms. Again no one demands to see the circular. I demanded and when they couldn't produce the circular I threatened to report it to Maruti. Hearing this they did the service Free of Cost.
Yes, these days it doesn't make much sense to follow the service advisors blindly. If there is a change in service duration, we should ask for the official communication.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2018, 14:52   #731
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 213
Thanked: 233 Times
Default Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_spur View Post
I recently got my Celerio serviced at 25k kms at a MASS. The total cost was ~6k. The service cost is definitely high for a hatchback.

Yes, it's extremely high if yours is a petrol one & didn't need any extra job. My colleague just got his i10 Grand petrol back from the 30k service & the invoice amount was <5k.
bhavik.1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Service vs Hyundai Service - Which one is cheap? Gangsta Indian Car Dealerships 23 13th September 2015 21:14
Going cheap, the Maruti way : Comparing the Maruti Alto versions jinojohnt The Indian Car Scene 93 17th December 2014 00:58
CNG savings, a MYTH??? yuv Modifications & Accessories 21 25th December 2007 21:08
LPG savings, a MYTH? yuv Modifications & Accessories 15 21st August 2007 17:24
Ferrari Challenge - New Concepts of the Myth salil_kulkarni The International Automotive Scene 4 19th November 2005 12:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks