Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 368 84.40%
No 68 15.60%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24th January 2018, 08:59   #736
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have seen many dealers charge extra for brake cleaning, brake pads replacement labour. Maruti has clearly instructed dealers not to charge extra and these are included under PMS charges. If any dealer charges extra for brake cleaning, just complain to Maruti
Nice updates from your end regarding the maintenance charges. Lets see what I will face when I will take my Celerio for its 20k service. There is still 1k kms to go Hopefully I shouldnt have to haggle and bargain this time.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 09:48   #737
Senior - BHPian

Replaced the left rear bearing on my dad's Swift 2005 at 55k kms.
It had failed almost 3-4k kms back and the sound got louder and finally the MASS accepted it is the bearing.

Total costs including labour and a window channel that had to be replaced -1800/-
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 16:04   #738
BHPian

True, Maruti Genuine Spares are reasonably priced. The authorized service, though, is always overpriced because the dealer workshop could be (i) adding work not required, (ii) billing for work not done or done callously, (iii) double charging by billing work covered under the PMS. To add insult to injury, they neglect work that they should have done. For example, last month I went for the annual PMS and returned after paying 6k + 1.5k Tax for my humble Alto. I had to also change my tyres, which I did from outside. When the tyre shoppe removed the wheels, I could see the rims very dirty on the inside. How could they have cleaned the brake-drums but left out the wheels? Did they actually clean the brake-drums?

Then, there was another issue of my driver's seat jumping lock and sliding back spontaneously. The SA did not even address the issue because they did not have the replacement slider assembly in stock. I gave an unsatisfactory feedback so they sent a technician home. The guy at first refused to remove the seat for inspection and just gave his two cents of "Gyan". Then he removed the seat and "convinced" me that the locking teeth of the mechanism were worn out and required replacement, for which they had no stock. I then had to go to a nearby "roadside" mechanic. They were a very enthusiastic bunch and removed the seat for inspection. They tinkered with the slider and found that a tension spring, of a lever that pushes the teeth into locking position, was corroded and kaput. There was no similar spring but the guy produced another coil spring (the original was an almost straight wire bent here and there) and tried to recruit it for the job at hand. Finally, one of the guys managed to juxtapose that "Jugaad" spring to keep tension on the locking teeth. The Contraption works for the moment. I know if I can lay my hands on a 6-inch spring wire, I could form the original spring out of it and the job is completed forever. The replacement logic of Maruti service would waste a beautiful piece of engineering and leave a big carbon footprint when a little spring is all that was required. The spring is for 20 the whole mechanism is for 3600.
gostel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote