NHC Costs:
Engine oil (3.6L): Rs 548.50,
Oil filter cartridge: Rs 94.39
diabloo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
But the Indica Vista Multijet's filter should cost the same as the Swift's since they are the same engine.
I Agree. Common Rail Diesel engines need high quality fuel without impurities like water, sediments etc. hence the filter is of top quality which costs in the range of 800 to 1500 rs.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:36   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
NHC Costs:
Engine oil (3.6L): Rs 548.50,
Oil filter cartridge: Rs 94.39
3.6 L for 548 bucks ? Which oil is this ?
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 18:57   #19
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Service vs Hyundai Service - Which one is cheap?

I owned Maruti cars for more than 13 years. (800,esteem,wagon r and now Sx4)

I never used to be bothered about looking more into specifics of work done or charges by maruti. Now thanks to T-bhp I am very particular about these stuff and let me share the experience I had on 17th March 2012 during the 30 K service for my sx4 VVT.

The service was completed and I was staying by the side of the car whole day to ensure they do work to my satisfaction. I had following complaints ( Disk Warping and steering noise while driving in bad roads).

The front brake discs were replaced under warranty and brake pads were also replaced as it had worn out.

Now for steering issue they had tighten the damper nuts which is a 5 minute job.

Now when the bill came for Labour i see the following items

Part Number Description Rate
ZB06H0 Brakes Overhaul(Complete) 420.00
MK03H0 FRNT brake caliper assy (one side) OH 220.00
LC11R0 Steering Gear Case Boot (1Side) R&R 331.00

The hourly labour rate for Sx4 is 180 Rs as per Maruti which looks cheap. But they have calculated the time for each job in such a way that they make more money by exagerating the efforts.

I asked why there is two items for brake OH, the answer was standard, that is how Maruti asked us to do, same answer for why 331Rs was charged for 5 minutes Job.

What I feel is Maruti might look cheap to maintain by looking at hourly rates but not in reality.
S5157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 12:42   #20

Maruti and Hyundai, both are CHEAP as in they are useless. Its better to get your car fixed by an experience mechanic. I have owned both cars and I have to say, they are horrible at service. On the flip-side, at-least Maruti gives what they say in the car and Hyundai, says a lot, gives a lot but the car Tech doesn't seem to function for more than a year.
Kartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 14:01   #21
BHPian

I own a 2005 Hyundai Accent and a 2007 Swift VDi. My personal experience is that a Hyundai Service costs less than a Maruti one. of course talking about my cars.
I have never paid more than 3800/- for Accent and whereas Have paid 6500/- for a Swift's service. I still remember the first 3 services offered by Hyundai were totally free service.( Yes you dont pay a penny, nope not for the oil also) but not in Swift's case.
liferocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 20:07   #22
BHPian

Just got my Maruti A-star's Rear Left indicator bulb replaced for 60 Rs at a MASS.
Having a busted bulb in a 10 month old 1200 km car with absolutely no modificatons is something to talk about quality, but having to pay 60 Rs for a filament bulb (excluding labour) is ridiculous
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 10:25   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Well folks having owned both Maruti's and Hyundai's (I still have one) I used to think Hyundai were better (but for the annoying habit of adding for all sorts of sprays, etc.). They even tried to charge me for weights in a free service (used to be all inclusive) specified balancing. Attitude wise Maruti were even worse. Yougot a feeling that they were doing you a favour by servicing your car.Then, I bought a Honda. Service charges on my Accent were higher than for my Civic. Oil naturally costs more since I have switched to synth (earlier it was Castrol GTX/GT2). The attitude and ambience are far better. The car comes back impeccably cleaned. We have to see what will happen when the large nos of Jazzes and Brios come for service. The habit of calling every three months to remind about service is annoying.

Last edited by sgiitk : 1st April 2012 at 10:32.
sgiitk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2015, 21:14   #24
BHPian

Hello All,

I was hoping for info along these lines. Maruti vs. Hyundai on the criteria listed below. For the sake of comparison could we sample "ciaz vs. verna", "swift vs. grand i10 and / or "celerio vs. grand i10" (I'm throwing in this as an option as both come in the automatic version)

1. Number of Free Services
2. Cost of First paid service
3. Items (oil change, cleaning, filter change, plugs, etc, labour) covered in a standard service); and lastly but not least
4. Cost of parts (clutch pads, break pads, drive shaft, and other material parts).

FYI: I'm considering either a celerio AT or the grand i10 AT for purchase so hence the last example
Jeevith is online now   Reply With Quote