Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 5th March 2009, 13:08   #1
Angry Tata dealer won't deliver the car. Loan disbursed already!

I helped a close friend of mine with picking a car for himself within his 3L budget. I got him to go in for an Indica XETA Gls, as opposed to his initial choice of an Alto LXi, for obvious reasons (mileage, clearly not being one of them ).

He had a 2.5L loan approved from HDFC, and 50k cash on him. We visited a couple of Tata dearlerships across the city(delhi) and finally settled to book the car with Sanya Motors in Defense Colony.

My friend (a naive simpleton from chennai) paid up 25k as booking amount on the 17th of Feb to the salesman at Sanya Motors and was promised delivery within 13-15 days.

Turns out, somewhere near the last week of feb, my friend had the loan amount disbursed to the car dealer, since the long-approved loan was going to expire and he dreaded the idea of applying afresh for a new loan.

So well now the dealer has the full loan amount with him plus a cool 25k in cash, and now the <expletive> won't take my friends calls, or return his calls to the showroom reception. This one time that my friend managed to catch him on the phone two days back, he went on to merrily inform another 12 days waiting for the car. Reasons he gave are nothing all of us havent heard before. 'Transit mai hai', 'Black ka order tha, company ne red bhej di','Strike hai' and the works.

Any suggestions to what his options are now? From a legal standpoint, is there a way he can get his bank to get the dealer to refund the money to them, so that he can cancel the whole thing, or maybe use it elsewhere? This car salesman is a typical rogue. I dont see my friend making much headway with him.

thoughts, people?
bykerdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 14:06   #2

There is a guy called Surender at this showroom. Was really helpful when my brother delivery of his car. See if he is willing to do anything to help, seemed like a nice guy.
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 14:11   #3

Contact Dealer Account Manager (DAM) or Regional Manager for that dealership, you can find details at the the local or nearest Tata Motors Region office.
akhilesh51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 14:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

I think a call to the TATA helpline will solve the matter pronto.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 14:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

It's not good to get into legal tiff, its better speak to the TATA Helpline and take a call.

Speak to the showroom people and ask them to compensate for the delay

Last edited by gowda79 : 5th March 2009 at 14:46.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 14:56   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Hope he has got the receipts for the money he has paid & for what the bank has paid.

But did the bank pay the amount without the car landing at the dealership ?
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 15:02   #7
Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Approach Tata Motorís regional office and send a written complain to the higher-ups. If that does not work, take the matter to the consumer court. Else, approach the Bank Manager or loan section in-charge and informed them about the whole scenario and try to figure out whether there is any possibility of canceling the loan amount, but this may include a certain percentage of cancellation charges.
ImranShahnawaz is offline   Reply With Quote