Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 8th October 2013, 11:51   #151
BHPian

Default Re: "Good Day, I am interested in test driving..." "Sorry Sir, We dont have a car for

Two days back, I called up Apple Volkswagen, Whitefield and asked for a test drive of the newly launched Polo GT TDi. I asked in very clear and plain language that I wanted a Polo. The customer service hurriedly replied "OK sir, We will bring the car". I again clarified that it should be the Polo GT Diesel.
I waited for an acknowledgement. The reply then came, "Sir, we don't have a test drive car for the Polo GT TDi. But it is the same engine as the Vento TDi. I will bring the Vento sir".
I replied "No, Thank you" and disconnected.
Fail to fathom why:-
- Dealerships don't listen to what the customer wants
- Customer Service try to sound very smart and think the customer is a fool.
- They try to push their "service" to you even though its not needed.
aneezan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 20:21   #152
BHPian

Angry Pathetic Sales attitude : Vipul Motors, Faridabad

Hi Guys,

I went to Vipul motors to take a test drive of DZire Diesel today.
And my experience was actually shocking to say the least. I mean I am still recuperating from the shock.

Initially a girl notes down the car I am interested in & sends me a so-called sales executive. I ask him for a TD of DZire diesel but he says that he will give me a rate estimate first & then we can go for TD.

1. He asks me the model I am interested in & I mention ZDi, after which he asks petrol or diesel. I told him that ZDi is diesel only, to which he says oh yes.

2. I ask for a brochure of DZire & he says that its Finished.

3. He then writes down the rates printed on rate sheet on a separate paper & then I inquired him about changing the tyre to Michelin XM2 & removing the stock HU in ZDi. He goes to his manager & comes back with an answer.

4. I then ask for the final offer, to which he goes & calls some other guy (maybe this new guy was the REAL sales executive). The new guy simple refuses to give any further discount.

5. Now comes the shocking part. I ask for a TD & the new guy says there is no test drive vehicle of Diesel Dzire. "Upar" se diesel ka test drive vehicle nai aata. (I don't know who is this "upar waala"). Please take a TD of petrol DZire. . I gave him a "what are you saying dude" look, to which the old guy says take the TD of Swift Diesel instead.
I was about to give them a piece of my mind, but felt that it would be a lost cause. I simply asked him that people are purchasing the DZire without a TD, on which the new guy gave a smug expression saying "haan bilkul".

I am planning to write a mail to Maruti, keeping the Vipul Motors in CC.

If anyone knows about the proper e-mail ID of Maruti for such kind of complaints, please provide me here.
ank.nsit is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 12:40   #153
BHPian

Default Re: Pathetic Sales attitude : Vipul Motors, Faridabad

You can write to contact@maruti.co.in and alternatively you can visit the maruti website and under the heading contact us, you can share your feedback. I am sure this will be sufficient to pull the guys at Vipul Motors.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 13:31   #154
BHPian

Vipul is the oldest and perhaps the worst Maruti dealership in Faridabad. I have burnt my fingers with them back in 2010 when we were considering buying the Ritz D. Visit TCS Maruti near Neelam Flyover. My experience there has been much better.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 13:35   #155
BHPian

Exactly same experience even in Pune when I was purchasing my car in Feb 2013. No TD of Dzire ZDI vehicle. I actually test drove Swift ZDI for Dzire. So, that's not an isolated case.
About discounts - to be fair to them, they can't be offering discounts when Dzire is a Top 3 car in India months after month!
dmplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 13:41   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Exactly same experience even in Pune when I was purchasing my car in Feb 2013. No TD of Dzire ZDI vehicle. I actually test drove Swift ZDI for Dzire. So, that's not an isolated case.
About discounts - to be fair to them, they can't be offering discounts when Dzire is a Top 3 car in India months after month!
My concern is not related to discounts as of now.
BTW, some people have mentioned discounts of about 50-60K on DZire ZDi.
ank.nsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 13:58   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
You can write to contact@maruti.co.in and alternatively you can visit the maruti website and under the heading contact us, you can share your feedback. I am sure this will be sufficient to pull the guys at Vipul Motors.
I doubt that email ID would work since when I had send a complaint mail to contact@maruti.co.in regarding improper service , all that I received was a customary thank you for mail for contacting them.
You can get the Regional Manager contact /email ID details from any MASS and inform him about the status. But you might need a spying camera with mic utility to just record the conversation in order to provide concrete evidence about the behaviour

Last edited by alexpaul : 10th December 2013 at 14:01. Reason: change in sentence
alexpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 00:37   #158
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
5. Now comes the shocking part. I ask for a TD & the new guy says there is no test drive vehicle of Diesel Dzire. "Upar" se diesel ka test drive vehicle nai aata. (I don't know who is this "upar waala"). Please take a TD of petrol DZire. . I gave him a "what are you saying dude" look, to which the old guy says take the TD of Swift Diesel instead.
I was about to give them a piece of my mind, but felt that it would be a lost cause. I simply asked him that people are purchasing the DZire without a TD, on which the new guy gave a smug expression saying "haan bilkul".

I am planning to write a mail to Maruti, keeping the Vipul Motors in CC.
Its true here in Mumbai and thane as well. There is no test drive available for Diesel Dzire in whole mumbai (yes I did call all the dealers) since last 6 months may be because new dzire is going to be launch in Jan 2014/ Feb 2014. I have written to maruti dzire facebook and have contacted them many times as well and have received robotic answer assuring me for followup but to no avail. I would have actually bought the diesel dzire zdi 2-3 month back, if it wasn't for the test drive.

IMO, test drive Swift diesel (it should be available) and test drive dzire petrol to get feel of interior to make up your mind. Anyway, dzire is an odd shape car with nice interiors, just test drive Hyundai cars you will be blown away with interior + goodies + refinement. But again if you have made up your mind for dzire just find someone who have dzire and ask him to give you ride! Its a nice car with wonderful interiors + proven track record nobody can matach at the moment at this price.

Stupid Suzuki!

btw, yesterday I was offered 20k cash discount + 7k loyalty bonus + free accessories + stupid coatings on dzire + ready delivery and further more is expected tomorrow of-course except test drive! and yes they expect me to buy the car without test drive!

If you can wait, wait for 2015, it will be only buyers market!

Last edited by Max : 16th December 2013 at 00:45.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 07:45   #159
BHPian

I wrote a complaint mail to maruti suzuki at contact@maruti.co.in & thrashed them left right & centre.
Received a reply next day itself stating that complaint has been logged & forwarded. Next day I received a call from Vipul motors, asking me to come to showroom for DZire diesel test drive. I simply refused stating that I already had visited the showroom once so bring me the TD vehicle home.
They brought a brand new Diesel Dzire from their stock for test drive at home.

This is something I did not like, because that is the car that will be sold to someone like me. But because of their effort I signed the complaint resolution/ feedback form.

They brought a photocopy of DZire brochure as well, but that was of the older DZire & not the new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post

If you can wait, wait for 2015, it will be only buyers market!
The only reason I am buying DZire(ZDi) of around 8.0 lakhs OTR, is because I cannot wait till 2015. DZire & Swift have awesome re-sale value & demand. I would say best among all cars in the market. So, by 2016 when the new launches would have proven themselves, I will sell DZire & purchase a new one.
ank.nsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 13:32   #160
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
The only reason I am buying DZire(ZDi) of around 8.0 lakhs OTR, is because I cannot wait till 2015. DZire & Swift have awesome re-sale value & demand. I would say best among all cars in the market. So, by 2016 when the new launches would have proven themselves, I will sell DZire & purchase a new one.
8.0L on road is the very good price for dzire zdi, I would recommend going for it. About the test drive, yes this is how they are playing now days. But my RM is not even ready for that!
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 14:09   #161
BANNED

Default Re: "Good Day, I am interested in test driving..." "Sorry Sir, We dont have a car for

I had a similar experience when i bought Toyota Fortuner earlier this year. Grand Toyota dealership simply refused that they do not have a TD car in Meerut and not even in their dealership in Dehradun. They told me to talk to other dealers in NCR. Uttam Toyota ghaziazbad gave the same response. After enquiring from 2 more dealers it was Espirit Toyota Mathura Road which had a AT for TD there was no manual fortuner for TD in Delhi!! :o Had to do with an AT TD and buy 4*4 fortuner just by trusting toyota although i do not regret my decision one bit.
ToyotaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 19:06   #162
Team-BHP Support

You don't feel the pain till it happens to you. So on a Saturday evening me and my wife had this experience:

Conversations between SR (sales rep) and Me
  • Competent Motors, Dwarka

SR - Swift diesel test drive car not available.
Me - Ok, can we drive the petrol instead. My wife actually wanted to check the driving position.
SR - No petrol drive also. TD car refuses to start.
  • Deep Hyundai

SR - No test drive
Me - Why ?
SR - Car is not available, its gone for servicing.
Me - Why on a weekend ?
SR - Obviously
  • Astro Ford

SR - All cars are in the garage, but there is no driver to take them out.
Me - Let me do it
SR - No, its a slope and we can't allow you to get the car up
  • Ring Road Honda

With the above experience, I specifically called the showroom to confirm if Amaze D was available for a TD. The lady confirmed, so I landed up at the showroom. Butttt.......
I gave them a piece of my mind and left.

---------------
Four on four - I wonder how car companies can afford such sales strategy in times like these !
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 20:47   #163
BHPian

@Eddy

So at Honda Showroom, even though the vehicle was available as confirmed by the lady, you still went there, did not do a TD of the available vehicle and left from there after giving them piece of your mind ?
raksrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 16:16   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
@Eddy

So at Honda Showroom, even though the vehicle was available as confirmed by the lady, you still went there, did not do a TD of the available vehicle and left from there after giving them piece of your mind ?
I went there but the car was not available for TD.

Standard excuse - the lady was confused between the petrol & diesel variant.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 17:02   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
@Eddy

Lol. I the post clearly Eddy mentions a golden word i.e "BUT" which is generally ignored when we read .

That one word itself said everything about the situation at the Honda showroom even after the lady confirming the car availability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
so I landed up at the showroom. Butttt.
I am surprised to see the way dealers are handling customers who approach for a TD.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th July 2014 at 17:03.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote