Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 6th July 2017, 12:35   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Poor test drive experience at Renault NOIDA sector 2

Buddy just get the Alto K10. Maybe the Renault Kwid has more features but IMO Alto in it's K10 manual avatar is more fun to drive. And your dad won't have to worry about after sales and services.
The Brutailer is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 17:48   #182

Default Re: "Good day, I am interested in a test drive"...."Sorry sir, we don't have a car for TD"

This is the experience I suffered today at "Mahalaxmi Automotives"-Shivajinagar, Pune (a Maruti Suzuki dealer).

Went in for a test drive of Swift. First 10 minutes all was bearable though the sales person could'nt tell me one thing out of the brochure of the car.

Then I asked for a test drive. The sales person checked my license and got my "license valid from" date confused as my license expiry date and there was a bit of discussion in the showroom behind my back.
They were definitely of the opinion that the test drive should not be allotted to me because
a) I am 20 years old and in their opinion too young to drive their valuable car lest I add more dents to a museum piece filled with a variety of scratches.
b) A 2 wheeler+4 wheeler combined license is pretty much unreadable for them.

Despite this the test drive happened, or should I call it a test ride as I was not given a chance to drive the car while the sales person revved the nuts out of the poor thing and drove it recklessly. When I asked for a test drive the sales person asked whether I can drive a car to which I replied my license was more than enough a proof.
Then the sales person made a trumped-up excuse saying that they were not giving test drives because of one accident last month.

So if he did not want to give me a test-drive, why did he have to waste my 30 minutes?

Are 20 year old people not allowed test drives? If so, why did the Ford dealer in Karvenagar, "Dhone Ford" not only gave me full brochure and price quotation of the Figo diesel but also a proper test drive (very pleasant dealership experience there, by the way)?

Is there a rule that you need to have a certain age apart from having a driving license to hope for a test drive?

If not, then the Mahalaxmi Automotive is an excuse of a dealership and I hope it pulls its act together instead of living under vanity of Maruti Suzuki sales figures.

Last edited by zxcv444 : 11th December 2017 at 18:10.
zxcv444 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 02:35   #183
BHPian

Default Re: "Good day, I am interested in a test drive"...."Sorry sir, we don't have a car for TD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcv444 View Post
Is there a rule that you need to have a certain age apart from having a driving license to hope for a test drive?
There is absolutely no rule, apart from having a valid driving license, to be provided a test drive of any car, no matter what your age is.
I am just 19 years old, and Iíve test driven cars ranging from a Tata Nano AMT to a Porsche Macan S, in the past year.
IIRC, no dealership has ever refused to provide me a test drive, even though I make it very clear to them that I might not buy the car from that particular dealership, or even go in for their competitor if Iím not satisfied with their product.
From what Iíve experienced, walk-in TD experiences are not as satisfactory as their online booking counterparts, due to the manufacturers involvement in the latter.

The only bad TD experience Iíve had is when my family was in the market to choose between the Toyota Innova Crysta & the Tata Hexa, and the SA from Bebbco Toyota failed to get the car with a decent amount of diesel on two consecutive test drives.
Having made up our mind on the Innova Crysta, I decided to call the SA for a third TD, hoping heíd not ask me to get a feel of the car with the reserve light on, but the ordeal ended with the SA repeating the same mistake.
However, this time, I filled up the tank of the demo vehicle with ₹1000/- worth of diesel, took a long TD & told the SA to use this diesel to provide other customers satisfactory test drives, unlike what heíd been doing till date.
After shooting a mail to TKM regarding this incident, I was allotted a new SA, who till date, has given me the best car buying experience ever.
If at all anyone from Jamshedpur decides to buy a car from Bebbco Toyota, make sure that Mr. Leo Gaurav handles your account.
AShubrah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 10:13   #184

Thanks for the reply AShubrah. I agree that booking a test drive and ordering it on address is a much better option than wasting time in the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
I am just 19 years old, and Iíve test driven cars ranging from a Tata Nano AMT to a Porsche Macan S, in the past year.
Couldn't resist asking- How is the Macan like to drive? Is it as good to drive as it is made out to be in the reviews?
zxcv444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 18:00   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Couldn't resist asking- How is the Macan like to drive? Is it as good to drive as it is made out to be in the reviews?
Iíve got a few words for you, sir.

Porsche - V6 - PDK

Now, youíre not a true car buff if you donít get what Iím saying, because that combination, especially with so much torque from that diesel, just pushes you back in your seat like no other.
Iíve driven the BMW 530d, (sorry GTO & Tanveer_2558) but the Porsche Macan S felt so much more faster, even though itís a low on torque when compared to the former.

P.S - Not to get you jealous, but I just came home after test driving the BMW X1 M Sport.
AShubrah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 21:58   #186

I should have asked more clearly.
How does the car ride and handle?
Of course I have no doubt about the V6-PDK combo but does it really turn like a sportscar? How is the steering feel?
And now that you posted, how would you compare the ride and handling of the Macan and the X1?
zxcv444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 23:36   #187
Senior - BHPian

I had placed a request for TD of Tata Hexa, MT variant with Prerana Motors yesterday, today got a call from the dealer. I told them that I was interested to buy the XE variant and gave them my address. She assured of sending a TD vehicle by afternoon, I neither got a call from them nor a TD vehicle. I have experienced this several times, somehow dealers give least priority to people looking at base variants.
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2017, 10:15   #188
BHPian

Quote:
I should have asked more clearly.
How does the car ride and handle?
Of course I have no doubt about the V6-PDK combo but does it really turn like a sportscar? How is the steering feel?
And now that you posted, how would you compare the ride and handling of the Macan and the X1?
Having driven the Ford Mustang, I must say that the Porsche Macan felt more sure footed than it. The steering feel is great & does inspire high speed direction changes.
However, the ride quality was thrashy due to the 21” wheels that were fitted on this car, but the air suspension was constantly trying to make up for it.
IMHO, even with the lower profile tyres on the Macan, the X1 had a much harsher ride & didn’t soak up undulations as well as the other, but this might have to do with the vehicle that BMW brought over, as it was quite an abused one & needed some TLC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I had placed a request for TD of Tata Hexa, MT variant with Prerana Motors yesterday, today got a call from the dealer. I told them that I was interested to buy the XE variant and gave them my address. She assured of sending a TD vehicle by afternoon, I neither got a call from them nor a TD vehicle. I have experienced this several times, somehow dealers give least priority to people looking at base variants.
You’re right in your assessment, but the only workaround to this situation, until dealerships become unbiased, is telling them that you’d be interested in the fully loaded variant & finally book the variant of your choice when the time comes.
This way, you can checkout all the variants from top to bottom without getting stepmotherly treatment from the dealership.
We faced a similar issue last year, when we were interested in the Trend+ model of the Ford EcoSport & the dealership didn’t want to give us a TD of the same.

Last edited by AShubrah : 16th December 2017 at 10:26.
AShubrah is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote