Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 25th June 2010, 12:45   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

Now this guy is very good at writing hard hitting mails.

Instant reaction, 2 days later the showroom gets all the Honda cars at his doorstep for a Test Drive. From the Honda City to the Honda CRV.

He test drives only the Honda City though.

The saleswoman wasnt around when he went to take delivery of the car. She apparently had to leave the job
Love these kinda stuff. Simply awesome

As for the sales woman. Lesson no 1 in marketing : Never underestimate a customer.

BTW, read something similar elsewhere on the forum. A guy walks into ford showroom and looks at the car (forgot which one) similar thing happens and the next moment, he over turns his bagand dumps hard cash on the table
sachinj12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 13:50   #77
BANNED

I've faced such cheap tricks by Ford each time i go to them for a TD. Even Fiat's do that.

But TATA's has always been nice to me. Got to TD almost all the cars they've got

Also Maruti's are good at providing TD's.

Never tried higher brands yet.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 14:04   #78
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Ravindu Toyota last evening and asked them for a Fortuner test drive. They said someone would call me today and get the TD vehicle to my office.

Today hasn't yet come, as per Ravindu's calendar...
n.devdath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 01:21   #79
BHPian

Concorde Motors to test drive Fiat Punto - Got the TD car to drive within 5 mins after filling the form.

Lathangi Motors to test drive Ford Figo - Got the TD car to drive within 10 mins after filling the form.

Downtown VW - 3 visits. Test drive car always out and quite a few people in the queue waiting to test drive. The SP don't even bother to come and talk to you. I have left my number thrice, no calls at all!
adi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 08:02   #80
Senior - BHPian

When I had asked for a TD of the Xylo just after the launch, I was promised the TD by Sireesh Auto the same evening. But the vehicle was nowhere in sight thereafter. Within a few days of this I had TDs of 3 used Scorpios, courtesy my friendly neighbourhood used car showroom. When the Xylo dealer called up to say the TD vehicle is now ready, I had already completed 2 long distance drives in my already acquired Scorpio
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 09:11   #81
BHPian

I think I am lucky with test drives.

Went to Pashankar Auto in Pune for Beat, got the TD without any issues, only had to wait for 20mins as others were taking the TD. This was just after the launch.

BuB Pune, for Punto, no issues, the sales guy was more interested in giving TD, actually he offered before me asking for the same.

Planet Ford, Pune, Figo : Again, even though it was 6.45pm, the sales guy obliged my request and arranged for the TD. Again here, visit was just after launch.

For GM and Ford : Got the TD at Calcutta also, Figo - Victoria Ford, Beat - Duli Chand Motors, without any issues.

Maruti Suzuki (Ace Kudale, Sai Service) : Both agreed to bring the veichle to my office for TD. Ritz.

Hyundai (Kothari, Sanjay Hyundai) : Just a telephonic inquiry at Sanjay Hyundai and the SP was ready to bring car to my office area for TD. Kothari Hyundai also arranged for the TD without any issues whatsoever. i20.

Vidyut Motors, Pune : VW Polo. that their attitude towards their customer is like ... why complain when you are getting a german car at such price. There is something missing in their attitude and behavior towards customers for Polo, but considering VWs aim to be the World`s no.1 these things needs to be changed. All customers are not going to their showroom for Phaeton!
Anyways, even here got the TD after 15mins wait at first request. No issues at all.

So, I guess I am really lucky not to face any kind of silly excuse or dealer attitude
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 09:26   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

On (dis)similar note,
have applied on-line for a Test Ride of the new Honda Dazzler, still zilch response.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 22:48   #83
BHPian

Well, my grandparents and I went for a TD of the Figo sooon after it was launched, in Anantapur, AP.
But we were shown a 'Show' car, as no TD vehicle was available yet.
In the same town, the Hyundai Dealer told us that they'd have to get an i20 all the from Kurnool (also in AP) for a TD, and that we'd have to pay shipping charges of Rs 2-3000!
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 20:22   #84
BHPian

went to hans hyundai, moti nagar. 15 minutes to attend people. and no TD vehicles except santro. new verna was on display. just front and back cosmetics changed.
BuRnT RuBbEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 20:35   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I had been to Ravindu Toyota last evening and asked them for a Fortuner test drive. They said someone would call me today and get the TD vehicle to my office.

Today hasn't yet come, as per Ravindu's calendar...
I test drove a Fortuner from Ravindu. They were pretty prompt in bringing the car, but I was totally turned off by the salesperson's attitude. First Q: "Sir which car do you drive?". Then, he tells me "Sir the Fortuner costs 23+ lakhs". During the TD he says "why don't you consider the Innova". Three strikes, Ravindu was out. I booked the Fortuner with Nandi. Was deliberating whether to send an email to Ravindu and let them know that they lost a sale through their salesperson's attitude (or perhaps bad training), but then decided that it was not worth it.
nilanjanray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 21:48   #86
Senior - BHPian

Hi Friends,

I had experiences of two TD. One with Maruti with ABT. The other one is Vista with Concorde motors Chennai. Both of them were readily available. The Maruti guy came with the Ritz once and once with the swift. I did atleast 6 times but they were good and polite with me. Concorde too were good. I had a TD with Ford Figo in Madurai. There too they gave on the spot. I have an idea to test VW soon.Let me see how they act.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 22:19   #87
BHPian

i have been very lucky with test drives.
when r15 was launched they were not giving test rides event then the sales incharge of punjab was there and he helped me get a test ride.

some days earlier i got a call from garyson motors that i had asked about 90 hp punto ,they said it is available for test drive can we send it to your address or you will come.i asked them to send the car and the sp was there at the promised time and i had a nice drive.

i went to maruti showroom when astar was launched ,even though i had made clear that i will not be buying astar but the sp even then said take a test drive .it is a claustrophobic car but the sp did try to sell it as best he could.i liked the suspension setup of astar better than other marutis
rupinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 22:42   #88
BHPian

Enquireda bout palio testdrive on fiat india website a few days ago.
Got call from fiat HO the next day and he saidmy local dealer would contactmesoon forthe TD. in a day or two the local dealer called and started telling me about the car and when i would like to TD.
I was shocked to hearthat thenew Palio stile has a waiting period of 3-4 months !!!
And not because its selling too much but too less. They said itsmade only on order so ill have to wait 3-4 months for it. I was so put off by this that i didnt even want the TD.
Just imagine if they donthave car ready to sell just imagine how long it will take for spares in case something breaks down.
guptavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 13:45   #89
BHPian

Default Funny experience driving Scorpio-SKS auto, bannerghata road

I had visited SKS Automoblie showroom who are the dealers of Mahindra cars. I wanted to TD the scorpio. I had visited the showroom thrice, but the car was not available and all the time i gave my numbers to give a call once the car is avaialable. I was sure that nothing good will happen and the same was true. Finally a call from sales person stating that the car is available and i can come to the showroom or can send the car to my place for TD. Anyway my office was close to the showroom, so no problem in visiting the showroom for the 4th time.
Reached the place and contacted the sales person who discharged his responsibility on the other guy.So kept on waiting for the car as requested by the new sales person.
Having waited for half an hour went back to the receptionist and asked about the TD and got a reply "Saaar haven't you got the TD till now Saaaaar" poor lady she has forgotten that she was the peron who said that i will be intimated about the TD once the car comes to the showroom.
Finally got a TD on a brand new scorpio which was parked inside the showroom. I felt very very guilty to drive a new car which would be passed on to a unsuspecting buyer. poor guy he should be.In this situatiion what i can do was that to just drive the scorpio normally rather than testing the dynamics because it was not a TD vehicle and would belong to someone later.
The most funniest thing is that the diesel got exhausted just half way done thereby landing the car at the middle of the road. The salesmen and other two road side passers pushed the car to the side of the road and the Sales man called the showroom guys to bring some diesel and later the same reached in about 20 mins.Finally filled the fuel from the can and reached the showrioom.

One thing what i want to say is that, how unorganised and reluctant the showroom people are. Be it Maruthi or Mahindra or Hyundai, they are not bothered much about customers. What they want to do is sell cars and nothing.

But i always had good experience with Concorde motors, Diary circle. Twice i took the TD of manza and it was available all the time. Obvious to say that Prerana people irritated me to the core and finally didnt take TD in any of the Prerana showrooms.The sales guy was also good and helpful.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 20:05   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
The most funniest thing is that the diesel got exhausted just half way done thereby landing the car at the middle of the road. The salesmen and other two road side passers pushed the car to the side of the road
That was some TD indeed ! I thought SKS would fare a bit better on the customer front, but I guess they too need to get their act together in future.
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote