Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 25th March 2009, 17:31   #31
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdi_pro View Post
Hi all,

I have not got the car yet(Will be getting it on 31st March).I spoke with a few dealers in Delhi and they don't have a Gala red vista aura quadra ready right now and it will take another 20 days and I really cant wait that long.

On a realated note ,I spoke with a Tata reletionship manager for NCR and he just dismissed my complaint and told me in that they would not do anything as I have not got the car from the dealer(well as expected I should say)

-hdi
You are still with the same dealer?? Great, no words dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuldeodhar View Post
Sorry for being harsh - but no one can help you - even God helps those who help themselves.

Hopefully you have considered that car is an asset you will keep for 2-3years. not something you want to hurry up on unless you have good reasons. I am sure you have your reasons. But I would not make the deal - even if it means waiting till June.

Thanks for letting us know which dealer it is. Others wont make the mistake - you are kind enough to bear the cost.
Little harsh but well said Rahul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Dude, no offense - but you are taking this too softly. You are paying them money and then you tolerate such nonsense? If they don't value your money, just walk away and invest it somewhere else!
Guyz, looks like somebody is just finding a way to blow off his money. Even after reading nice metaphor by SS-Traveller.

I guess we all have only option left with us, that is "to refrain giving advice and wish him a best luck".
xPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 17:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
On a realated note ,I spoke with a Tata reletionship manager for NCR and he just dismissed my complaint and told me in that they would not do anything as I have not got the car from the dealer(well as expected I should say)
And after you take the delivery? What will he do regarding the car if it turns out to be a lemon? (apart
Please cancel your order and look for another dealer. the whole deal of Gala Red not available rings all the loud bells that some deep scandal is going on here among the dealers!

Please consider other options too... If at all you still buy from the dealer, carry a copy of the PDI checklist and verify each & every item on it!
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 17:40   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I spoke with a Tata reletionship manager for NCR and he just dismissed my complaint and told me in that they would not do anything
@ hdi: You're a pro at playing this game of irritating other members by asking them for their advice, and then telling them that you don't want to heed such advice.

Your money, your choice, your dealer, your car. I'm sure all of us members will wince when you finally buy that favourite colour of your favourite car from your most favourite dealer on the most auspicious date you have chosen for yourself. So why don't you do us a favour and DON'T tell us when and from where you bought that car, and how many problems you subsequently have...
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 17:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

hdi thats a bad experience, but good you got out in time

If i were you i would have dropped the idea of buying a "TATA" vehicle!
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 17:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hey, you cant satisfy them all. I think I might have been a bit too persuasive
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 18:26   #36
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Hey, you cant satisfy them all. I think I might have been a bit too persuasive
The BHPians? or the particular dealer?
Old 27th March 2009, 06:47   #37
BHPian

Quote:
On a related note ,I spoke with a Tata relationship manager for NCR and he just dismissed my complaint and told me in that they would not do anything as I have not got the car from the dealer(well as expected I should say)
IMO after this if you still want to continue with the TATA's then I feel that you have been mesmerized with the "aura" of the TATA's.

Of course I say this in a lighter vein and wish you a great driving experience and a "Gala" time with the TATA's!

Last edited by Gautam Misra : 27th March 2009 at 06:54.
Gautam Misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 20:12   #38
BHPian

You say you are not able to wait for a longer period right now, and that you really need the car.

Most of the people here have adviced you to reconsider going back to the dealer, who you feel tried to cheat you, because it is likely that if he really did try to do that, there is no assurance that it will not happen to you when you take it there in future.

My little bit of advice on this would be, if you are being pushed to buy the product, however much you feel you need it, don't buy it right now.

See if you can first build a cordial relationship with the dealer, if he is willing too, on the clear understanding that you are cancelling your booking and taking your money back.

But in the near future, once you have understood them better, you can go back, or you can ask them to inform you when a suitable car arrives.

If the dealer feels that it would be troublesome and not worthwhile to entertain you and your silly ideas about car quality, customer inspection etc., you have to decide ... because you must go in with both eyes wide open. It is your money, your car.

From your posts it seems as though you have already decided on your car, as SS-Traveller said... and sometimes people do not like their advices to be taken lightly, especially after the rather detailed way you presented your experiences with your dealer.

What caught me into looking in here was your request for help.

I'd imagine that when a person posts a reply to a query of mine, in a forum such as this, populated mostly by genuinely concerned folks, that person expects me to give due weightage to the replies he made to my queries.

But either way, have fun with your car, it is indeed exciting to own a band new vehicle!
tomthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 16:21   #39
BHPian

Hi all,

First of all,I really did not make my decision and then asked for advice(by posting here) and I really have utmost respect for all the people in the forum.I did really think about all this a lot and made my final decision .

Just to round if off,I really did not decide to go with the dealer even before posting and asking for your comments.Probably I did not explain my decision to go with the dealer in a more clear way.

BTW I took delivery of a Gala red Indica vista Aura Quadrajet yesterday.

Thanks
hdi
hdi_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 19:57   #40
xPK
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations and drive safe buddy!
Old 31st March 2009, 20:20   #41
BHPian

Well, i don't think this topic is of Value anymore, as hdi have already take delivery of the car.

@hdi, hope u got a stunner mate, do post in the pics of the car. and safe driving.

P.S atleast for the first couple of services you be with your car, just got a bad feeling but im sure everything will turn alright
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 13:47   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
Well, i don't think this topic is of Value anymore, as hdi have already take delivery of the car.
We aren't closing or deleting this thread as it may be of value to someone who faces a similar situation in the future.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:04   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We aren't closing or deleting this thread as it may be of value to someone who faces a similar situation in the future.
Never said this thread should be closed GTO, i meant there is no point in discussing whether he should take delivery of it or not. hope i cleared it out.
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote