Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 3rd March 2010, 18:13   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
... he was with Cauvery Ford works with Sireesh since the past couple of years....
Could you find out if he is working at Hosur Road Sireesh or is he at their HSR layout body shop. Cuz, I had read abt this somewhere in Tbhp, may be in your car's long-term review thread, but wasnt able to find an SA with that name till now.
Spinnerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 11:47   #32
BHPian

The last vist to Sireesh (Hosur road) was quite pleasant with Mr.Satish (Service manager, then) taking care of my Bolero. I was pretty much impressesed with him and was a happy customer.

But this time around, I had a horrible experiance. Mr.Satish has moved out to the Jakkur branch and someone else has taken over his place. I had changed the engine oil (Mobil delvac) very recently. The Service manager insisted on oil change, when I patiently explanied him that it wasnt required at this point. But he was in no mood to take it.
The service advisors act weird. I had asked them to grease the wheel hubs and some checks to be done here and there. I insisted upon doing the wheel alignment and balancing, and they say its not at all needed.

The Bolero was so clean when it went in for the service. When I came back to collect, the interiors were so messed up. The floor was full of filth, mud, grease, oil and what not. When I questioned them, they were like "if you want it to be clean , then you must have asked for interior cleaning charged at 650 bucks". If it was'nt for the lady service advisor, I would have slapped the person then and there.

They have mistreated my Bolero in every possible way. I am sure.
You should see that glittering smile on the new service manager's face when a stinkingly rich real estate Scoprio owner turns up for service.

I am not going back to Sireesh @ Hosur road at any cost.
jeeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 12:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
But this time around, I had a horrible experiance. Mr.Satish has moved out to the Jakkur branch and someone else has taken over his place. I had changed the engine oil (Mobil delvac) very recently. The Service manager insisted on oil change, when I patiently explanied him that it wasnt required at this point. But he was in no mood to take it. I insisted upon doing the wheel alignment and balancing, and they say its not at all needed. The floor was full of filth, mud, grease, oil and what not. When I questioned them, they were like "if you want it to be clean , then you must have asked for interior cleaning charged at 650 bucks".
Hi Jeeva, this has got me thinking! I was planning to go to the Hosur Road Branch, but now I have to think about some other branch for my next servicing, which is due in a couple of weeks.
Some mild engine vibrations at 1400 rpm need to be looked into. I wonder which M & M service centre in Bangalore does a particularly good job on engine troubleshooting ?
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 14:18   #34
BHPian

Hi Mooza,
I went to Sireesh, expecting Mr.Satish to be there. But my bad, he moved out. I can personally vouch for his honesty and sincerity, especially when say Tbhp. If going to Jakkur would'nt be a contrain for you, then I would suggest you going there. I will PM you his number.

My experiance with SKS automobiles was'nt that great, but definitely much better than the one I had with Sireesh now.

Otherwise, there is this garage by the name "Technokraft" in JP nagar. They are not the authorised service centre for any brand, but the chaps there know their stuff.
Old 12th April 2010, 15:21   #35
BHPian

I Had my Bolero serviced once from Sireesh, Hosur Road. The SA was Sadanand.

Date: Aug 8th 2009

Job to be done:
1. Oil Change
2. AC gas top up.

Gave them the vehicle at 8:30AM, he asked me to pick up the vehicle at 5PM. He called up at 4:30PM and I was there at 5PM.

There vehicle was washed and partly dried. Now for few shockers:

1. My battery is drained out completely. He asks me to replace the battery. I asked the price for Amaron Batter with *** price is 5900/- called up my friend who owns a Battery shop and asked him the price, he quotes 5350. So decided to buy from him and asked the guys there to jump start the vehicle and they did that.

2. Took for a short ride. When the steering is turned to extreme left of right, i hear a screeching noise, again took it back to Sireesh and showed it to Sadanand and told him that this voice was not there until Morning, he tell "Sir, there is guarantee for life and what is the guarantee for these mechanical stuff ". I was pissed off, asked him to check what the problem is. He had a mech check the steering and comes back to me and asks me to replace the Tie rod and all the steering belts. Cost 4200/-

I told him Thanks and left the place with out having him done anything and reached a garage near my house. Asked him to replace the steering rod as I had a to Tirupathi the next morning and didn't want to take the risk. He asked me why, I told him the problem then he laughed and did something under my vehicle and till today i dont hear any noise from the steering. Cost 50/-

Lesson Learnt:

Never again Sireesh

Last edited by 2500cc : 12th April 2010 at 15:23.
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 08:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Jeeva and 2500cc, for your replies. I wonder if Sireesh Marathalli is better. Otherwise I have to try out my FNG here, or Technocraft. I have also heard about St. Mary's Garage. So let me think it over for the next two weeks
Old 25th April 2010, 21:52   #37
BHPian

Phew... Guys, now that was scary. So Sathish is no longer there!

My next major (oil, filter change) service is due in a month. These reviews has now got me thinking.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:17   #38
BHPian

Default Adding to my woes with Sireesh!

After my last stint with Sireesh, I periodically used to hear an intermitant rubbing/grinding noise from somewhere near the wheels. As, I had got the axles greased, brakes checked and the leaf srpring bushes replaced from them (atleast I hoped so), just thought it must be some dust or grime between the leaf springs.
Last weekend, I was driving home to Wayanad with my mom. We started early in the morning and reached Mysore by 6am. We stopped on the Mysore ring road as our labrador needed a pee break. I was horrified to see the rear left drum fuming hot. The brakes were jammed.

Drove to a nearby roadside garage and we had to wait for a good 2-3 hours for the mech to come in. He opened the drum and the first thing he asked me was who had worked on the brakes recently? I told him the history and then he showed me how the brake liners were placed. The liners were'nt even sitting in its destined place and was constantly rubbing against the drum. They (Sireesh) had tried to open the Brake Cylinder and in the process, got one of the piston got stuck. They had just left it as it is.

Sireesh had charged me 850 bucks for the so called "Brake Checking" and they have done nothing but screwing up the brakes.

Thank god that it ended this way. A jammed brake on the highway could have end up much much nastier.

People, be extra cautious when you deal with Sireesh.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Sireesh had charged me 850 bucks for the so called "Brake Checking" and they have done nothing but screwing up the brakes.

Thank god that it ended this way. A jammed brake on the highway could have end up much much nastier...
I hope you came back and raised the issue with the CS Manager and wrote to M&M. This is very very dangerous, since a jammed brake not only puts your life in danger, but other road users as well.

Does M&M call out to customers to check their experience after each job card close? If so, let them have it!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 13:32   #40
BHPian

Sireesh has introduced an SMS feature, where in you get the job card number through SMS along with the contact number of the Service supervisor attending to your vehicle.

I feel this feature is usefull if you dont personally leave the vehicle at the service station, incase your driver does it or when you opt for pick-up of the vehicle.

For the past 2 weeks I have also been getting SMS reminders about the Service being due.
Old 30th June 2010, 23:39   #41
BHPian

Default Another paid service exp (Jun 2010)

Well, I went back to Sireesh. This being the closest to my place, and since I have a good rapport with the SAs and mechanics, I convinced myself to go to Sireesh, Hosur Road again (after reading the others exp I had decided the next service would be at SKS, but when the time had come, I felt like giving them a chance).

And of course, requested Mr Sadanand to prepare the job card.

But I guess, Tuesday turned out to be a lot more crowded than a weekend, there were a lot of pending vehicles. After reading Jeeva's account, I made sure that I hung around the workshop when it went in for service.

Like an anxious husband outside the maternity ward, I was waiting near the workshop area. They don't really encourage customers to walk into the service bays.

My bolero was serviced at one of the 2 post lifts close to the workshop entrance, so I could see the whole thing. This time I had the usual oil and filter changes, along with brake cleaning.

Jeeva, I would say, your rides brake jamming up after these guys cleaning and fixing it, was really unfortunate. From what I could see, they clean the brakes, the front and the rear drums, then before mounting the tyre, they give it a good turn, it rotates for about 2-3 times before comming to a stop. So had there been some part fouling up, rubbing along the drums, this test should point that out.

Not sure if they introduced this, after your incident. But I was glad to see this, esp after reading your account, I was skeptical as to how I can ensure that they did their job right.

Well that was the mechanical and oil changing part, but like you said, their vehicle washing dept was no good this time. I have these beige colored mats that I had brought to go with the interiors, the one on the driver side is now soiled. Grease foot prints.

After their washing and drying, I had enough smudges on the glass that on my way back home I started wondering when did such a thick fog roll in.

On the whole, other than the washing part, I didnt have any bad experience, and after seeing the back-log they were tying to clear on this particular Tuesday, I think I will let this one incident pass.

Yeah yeah, I know, looks like I have a soft corner for these guys. May till I learn "my" lesson, eh?
Old 1st July 2010, 08:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

Default Serviced my Scorpio at Sireesh Marathahalli

Hi all, I got my Scorpio (non CRDE) serviced at Sireesh Auto Marathahalli, last month. I waited for a month to post this review, since I wanted to include any post servicing issues, if they cropped up.

Major jobs carried out :

1. Front brake pads replacement

2. Clutch servicing (clutch / pressure plates replaced)

Impressions about the servicing :

Both the above jobs have been carried out well. No problems noticed so far. The vehicle pick up is much better after the clutch repairs, no jerks or shudders that I was experiencing earlier.

The clutch repair was done a week after the brake repair, as I wanted to get some idea about their workmanship, prior to taking up the clutch job.

I had complained to them about transient engine vibrations (at 1400 rpm), but was told by the SS that this would not create any problems (I had them change the engine mounts late last year, but still the problem is creeping back). I wish they had solved this, though.

The vehicle cleaning had not been done well when I picked it up after the second repair. Since it was dark I could not see this. However, when I brought this up the next day during the customer care follow up call, they apologised and asked me to bring the vehicle again, for cleaning.

Overall views : The Service Advisors could be a bit more enterprising. They are rather laid back (the guy I interacted with at first was missing the second time, as he had been transferred!).

But the main workshop supervisor (Mr. Anil) is quite competent.

For the engine vibrations (at 1400 rpm), I might take it to SKS for a second look, in a couple of months time. Before this, I plan to change the engine oil (this is due) to see if there is any improvement.

Cheers !
Old 1st July 2010, 10:57   #43
BHPian

So you had a pleasant experiance except for the washing part. That's quite nice to know. They pressure wash it first and then it goes for wiping. But, by the time they start wiping, the vehicle would have totally dried up. Then they spray some soapy liquid and wipe it again. Not a good practise though.
During my last stint with them, I had infact mentioned about T-Bhp and the that we have a seperate thread dedicated to them
The SA who handled my three services with them (the first one was a minor thing though) have been calling me repeatedly and giving all sorts of reasons for the bad experience, I have had. I had to be a bit harsh when I told them that I need not pay them to get my vehicle screwed up.
I guess it worked. Maybe they have started taking things seriously.
Good to know.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:32   #44
Senior - BHPian

Default SKS: My preference

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpatil1974 View Post
Hello team,

I live in switzerland and moving back to bangalore late this month. After looking at multiple vehicles (both sedans and suv) I have zeroed down on Scorpio SLE as my future car. I am planning to book the car early feb. I need some suggestions that can make the purchase smooth.

1) Who is the best dealer in Bangalore (Considering I will live on bannerghatta road, SKS will be near. But I am ok going a bit far, if the deal and service is good)

2) What freebies should I ask for (Last time when I bought a santro, got a very good deal from Trident. I am not sure whether there will be any freebies on scorpio...but want to try)

3) Any other suggestions on dos and don't are most welcome.

Cheers, Anand
Hi Anand,
I prefer SKS Automobiles compared to any other M&M service center in Bangalore due to the following points I have observed in them:
1. They are a huge group having more than 10 M&M dealerships in South India apart from TATA Motors, Ford and others hence, the professionalism levels are that much higher.
2. I have found their stores stocked with even the minutest spares at all times. Examples include; small, tough to find parts like stoppers, bushes and bolts.
3. I have seen very old and experienced M&M mechanics who have been transferred to the Bangalore outlet from other places. These people have been working with SKS for more than a decade and are very knowledgeable about the product. It also speaks for employee satisfaction levels.
4. Though Hariya was not bought from SKS, I have been with a couple of friends for their purchases to SKS and have seen the staff equally willing and ensuring satisfaction on most fronts.
5. This is important for me. I personally know almost the entire service staff at their Hosur Road outlet/yard which enables me to get my service done to my satisfaction levels.

Do feel free to get in touch with me in case you need any further inputs/info.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 14:08   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
5. .....I personally know almost the entire service staff at their Hosur Road outlet/yard which enables me to get my service done to my satisfaction levels.
SKS has a Hosur Road outlet / Service center is it? Could you share the address plz.